Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    60% of those who used their VOTE on the elections, while more than 50% of the citizens with right to vote haven't voted at all.

Could you predict how many would use their vote on a referendum?

A good example was the unsuccessful referendum in 2003 against the territorial division.
    Since you edited this part of your post and I haven't addressed it,

The percentage of voters in the last election was just above 50%, which would make the percentage of non voters less than 50%

I cannot predict accurately the percentage of eligible voters who would participate. Though I can make an educated guess.

The unsuccessful referendum took place in 2004, and I addressed this in my reply to RtG.
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
      I would say that the citizenry of Macedonia could have control of their destiny, if they had more encouragement and less degradation from the diaspora.
      "could" scares me a little Buktop!

Can you provide examples of the degradation you speak of?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        "could" scares me a little Buktop!

Can you provide examples of the degradation you speak of?
        Why does "could" scare you?

Not to say that every member of the diaspora participates in the belittlement of the citizenry/residents of Macedonia, but I know we have seen it on more than one occasion.

In this case I am speaking of the lack of confidence in their ability to participate in a referendum affirming the constitutional/historical/biblical/natural name of Macedonia. Many here seem to believe that should it come to a referendum, residents of RoM should not be trusted with the preservation of our name.

There are examples that I can site from before this issue, but I find it would only detract from our current conversation.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Many here seem to believe that should it come to a referendum, residents of RoM should not be trusted with the preservation of our name.
          You're applying some creative reinterpretation here...as usual.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            You're applying some creative reinterpretation here...as usual.
            Should I take Pelister's reaction as the common perception around here, or should I refer to the other threads concerning the referendum?

If you have a differing opinion, and I painted you in the wrong light, please share and I will be happy to retract my statement.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Should I take Pelister's reaction as the common perception around here, or should I refer to the other threads concerning the referendum?

If you have a differing opinion, and I painted you in the wrong light, please share and I will be happy to retract my statement.
              Refer to other threads.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

You can call me whatever names you like, it doesn't change the fact that you cannot answer the posed questions.
                There was only one question in you previous post that I ignored, so don't make some imagined argumentation.

Lets see your Q:

How is the government influencing people to be pro-name change when their press releases are constantly saying no name change for EU?
                Where have they said this?

Show us immediatelly those releases!

Since you edited this part of your post and I haven't addressed it,

The percentage of voters in the last election was just above 50%, which would make the percentage of non voters less than 50%

I cannot predict accurately the percentage of eligible voters who would participate. Though I can make an educated guess.

The unsuccessful referendum took place in 2004, and I addressed this in my reply to RtG.
                You are comparing political elections, wheter Parlamentary or Presidental, with a Referendum.

To point out how big difference can we get is the fact that VMRO in the Parlamentary election gained 100.000 less votes than for the Presidental.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• sf.
                  • Jan 2010

Why does "could" scare you?

Not to say that every member of the diaspora participates in the belittlement of the citizenry/residents of Macedonia, but I know we have seen it on more than one occasion.

In this case I am speaking of the lack of confidence in their ability to participate in a referendum affirming the constitutional/historical/biblical/natural name of Macedonia. Many here seem to believe that should it come to a referendum, residents of RoM should not be trusted with the preservation of our name.

There are examples that I can site from before this issue, but I find it would only detract from our current conversation.
                  Referenda could be manipulated. Especially in Macedonia where the foreign interests have control of media, political clout and superior finances.

Manipulation can occur even in western countries. Have a look at the Republican referendum in Australia as an example. If you can't find what I'm referring to, I can give you a synopsis.
                  Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                    There was only one question in you previous post that I ignored, so don't make some imagined argumentation.

Lets see your Q:

Where have they said this?

Show us immediatelly those releases!

Skopje, April 16 (MIA) – The dispute with Greece involves not only the name, but also it aims to harm the national and language identity of the people of Macedonia, stated Minister of Foreign…

Uniting of all Macedonians living abroad is necessary for realization of the country’s strategic, national interests, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski said Sunday at a meeting with Macedonian e…

I have more releases if you want them, but I think you get the point I am trying to make.

Originally posted by Bratot
                    You are comparing political elections, wheter Parlamentary or Presidental, with a Referendum.

To point out how big difference can we get is the fact that VMRO in the Parlamentary election gained 100.000 less votes than for the Presidental.
                    A referendum on the name of the country is far more important to the citizens than a government election, that is the point I am trying to make.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      Refer to other threads.

here is one

A quick search of referendum on this forum quickly reveals the initial thoughts of many about a referendum on the name.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by sf. View Post
                        Referenda could be manipulated. Especially in Macedonia where the foreign interests have control of media, political clout and superior finances.

Manipulation can occur even in western countries. Have a look at the Republican referendum in Australia as an example. If you can't find what I'm referring to, I can give you a synopsis.
                        I agree, but as I expressed before, the ongoing initiatives by the MHRMI & AMHRC as well as the poll results of the citizens of Macedonia in relation to preserving the name suggest that the manipulation would be far too great to mask. They may be capable of 10% manipulation, but by the looks of things, even that wouldn't be enough to sway the result without showing enormous irregularity.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...?t=3816&page=2
                          here is one

A quick search of referendum on this forum quickly reveals the initial thoughts of many about a referendum on the name.
                          You made a specific claim - provide the specific references.

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=3816
                            Skopje, April 16 (MIA) – The dispute with Greece involves not only the name, but also it aims to harm the national and language identity of the people of Macedonia, stated Minister of Foreign…

Uniting of all Macedonians living abroad is necessary for realization of the country’s strategic, national interests, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski said Sunday at a meeting with Macedonian e…

I have more releases if you want them, but I think you get the point I am trying to make.

Where have you read that:

How is the government influencing people to be pro-name change when their press releases are constantly saying no name change for EU?

Груевски: Фокусирани сме на изнаоѓање решение за името и деблокада на евроинтеграцијата

Премиерот Никола Груевски денеска изјави дека Владата води разговори за името со јасна цел - да најде решение и оти има политичка волја и желба за тоа.

На средбата двајцата соговорници ги констатираа одличните билатерални односи кои владеат помеѓу двете земји и истакнаа посветеност за нивно понатамошно унапредување и продлабочување на секое поле од заеднички интерес.

You failed in supporting your cheap claim, Gruevski and his government clearly said they will and they are willing to change the name in order to enter EU, but they want to secure the identity which is paradox by itself.

It's very disgraceful to spread such pro-governmental propaganda and to push the public opinion to believe in fairy tales. I don't know on what kind of patriotic pillows you sleep at night but it's time for all of you wake up and stop being political agitators.

A referendum on the name of the country is far more important to the citizens than a government election, that is the point I am trying to make.
                            You base your conclussion on what?

An assumption!

You have no point beside the hazardous character of your reasoning and pure political agitation.

The citizens are deeply brainwashed about becoming part of EU and they are capable of selfdeciet with changing the name in order to enter.

I don't like gambling with things that don't belong only to me and I don't want any idiot to gamble on behalf of me.

If we want to enter EU/NATO we have to change the name.
                            If our government and other political parties say that it's our "primary national goal" to enter EU/NATO, than it's understandable to change the name in exchange.

If any government was interested in preserving the name they would immediatelly stop the accession process and would declare that until EU/NATO enforce double standards and pressure Macedonia to give up her name we wont be interested in alligning with them.

It's simple.
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

The change of the name is only a technical question, with a government like ours.

The referendum is one technical solution how to escape from responsibility.

Comment

• AMHRC
                                De-registered
                                • Sep 2009

Thanks to Mango, for posting footage from yesterday's MHRMI/AMHRC conference in Skopje, which can be viewed at www.tv-sonce.com

AMHRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X