Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

The president himself acknowledges the inequities in the name negotiations then what are we negotiating for when there is a forgone conclusion ie a change will be just do you want this bad name or the other bad name. This is not a negotiation but an ultimatum in which case the government should stop showing their stupidity and know when its time to walk. If they are that stupid and don’t know what to do then they just need to clean there ears out and hear their people. Enough it will never happen.
    @the morons who still think support the Greeks and their eyes will open. Yeah to golkni you. Its never been a fair fight. But take your whinge to my post to the other thread if you must.

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Ivanov: Macedonia is under strong pressure to name dispute

Совеста на Македонија

Macedonia is under constant and strong pressure to resolve the name dispute , while Greece is spared from it, President George Ivanov said at today's meeting with reporters in Ohrid, appears OhridNews.

He said resolving the dispute and legal neizdrzhano unfair and imposed as a precondition for Macedonia 's Euro-Atlantic integrations , which is not provided with the interim agreement with Greece in 1995 .

As occurs OhridNews, Ivanov osvrnal and some failures of the Macedonian policy towards the issue, suggested that information obtained from evropratenichkata Doris Pack, according to which Macedonia in 1995 rejected the offer of the international community to start negotiations for membership in NATO and EU under the temporary reference.

Ivanov voiced doubt the sincerity of the other side , suggesting that Greece violates the provisions of the interim agreement would not preclude the Euro-Atlantic integration of Macedonia. In this context he asked who would guarantee that the Greek side will respect the agreement that would arise from the current negotiations as previous experiences show the opposite.

Ivanov believes that the President name issue , not a threat to the state and ethnic relations , because as he said , the state operates in all segments and its citizens should have confidence in state institutions.

Meeting with reporters in Ohrid , the president stressed that the trust between ordinary citizens has advanced, it is not the case with politicians.

The head of the Macedonian state reminded that the entry function ever publicly called his Greek counterpart to discuss , to overcome the differences and improve overall relations.

Comment

• Currency Trader
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
        CT,

It might be helpful if we try to answer your questions; though we cannot on a public forum, answer them as fully as you might like.

The first thing to understand is that the AMHRC and MHRMI have always been opposed to the name talks. As human rights organisations, we could not logically hold any other position.

The plans for this campaign were first discussed by our committees, months ago - around February/March of this year (2010). No deadline was established at this point; it was something that was constructed on the basis of some serious concerns. One point that was particularly worrying at this time (and still is now), was something we have mentioned here previously and that is that a very unhealthy perception had arisen among certain segments of the population in Macedonia, wherein the view is held that it is somehow 'legitimate' for Macedonia to discuss its name with outsiders - who of course, in actuality, have no right, moral or legal, to ask the Republic of Macedonia to change its name. It might here be worthy to note that when we made the initial preparations, it also seemed to be the policy of some others in the diaspora, that the name talks should continue.

Whatever the case, in the 10 days or so prior to our launching this campaign, we came to the conclusion that we must proceed immediately and that there was no time to waste on 'bureaucratic' discussion of it. The reasons for this are best not discussed on a public forum - though we will say this much: there appeared, in our eyes, the presence of a very imminent danger.

So we acted swiftly, though we did make an open and sincere invitation to all Macedonian organisations to join the campaign. To date, over 130 Macedonian bodies, both inside and outside Macedonia, have accepted that invitation and it still remains open for others to accept.

The summary offered here of how the whole campaign came about, is very crude and there are many factors and nuances we have not mentioned (and we wont in any case discuss these on a public forum), though we trust that we have answered your questions adequately.

Regards,

AMHRC.
        You understood my underlying purpose to ask these questions. Thank you for your exaustive response.

Regards,
        CT

p.s You will have my campaign contribution on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

• AMHRC
          De-registered
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
          You understood my underlying purpose to ask these questions. Thank you for your exaustive response.

Regards,
          CT

p.s You will have my campaign contribution on Monday or Tuesday.
          Thanks CT,

We really appreciate it.

AMHRC.

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

Fresh up on YouTube. Great work guys!

YouTube - Macedonians Demand End to Name Negotiations

makedoncheto | August 21, 2010

Toronto, Canada and Melbourne, Australia (August 19, 2010) - Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia, and throughout the world, are showing overwhelming support for the "Our Name is Macedonia" ad campaign, which demands that Macedonia end all negotiations with Greece over its name.

Ads are appearing in print and online editions of major newspapers, television commercials are airing, billboards in the centre of Skopje are going up, and hundreds of thousands of flyers are being distributed throughout the country.

MHRMI and AMHRC will also hold its third press conference announcing another update to the campaign.

However, some Macedonian media outlets have decided to ignore the message of the ad campaign and publish articles attacking the Macedonian diaspora for initiating it, and even criticizing the child that appears in the ad in a desperate attempt to detract from the message. They have decided to continue their own campaign of scare-mongering, trying to convince the Macedonian public that a name change is necessary in order to enter NATO and the EU.

This ad campaign is not about embracing or rejecting NATO and EU membership. It is about finally putting an end to the nonsensical "name negotiations".

The focus never should have been on Macedonia to compromise its own name and identity. The focus should be on NATO, the EU, and its member-states upholding their principles, supporting and recognizing Macedonia. NATO and the EU should reprimand Greece for handcuffing them based on its xenophobic policies.

Countries that have recognized Macedonia must publicly support it and not call for "compromise".

The first UN mediator for the name dispute, Robin O'Neil, said that "Macedonia must not and will not change its name in order to appease Greece. If Macedonia succumbs to pressures and changes its name, such events will only give more firepower to Greece until it reaches its final goal - Macedonia to vanish from the map."

Even changing the name bilaterally would change it permanently everywhere. Countries that have recognized Macedonia have said "If a bilateral solution is reached, we will abide by that decision and use the new name for Macedonia".

By continuing the negotiations, we are telling the world "we will change our name". We have the power to end this. 127 countries have recognized Macedonia, including 4/5 United Nations Security Council members. Stop negotiating our own name.

MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians, in the Republic of Macedonia and abroad, to join our call for Macedonia to immediately cease name negotiations and demand immediate international recognition.

To sign on or see the ad campaign, please visit: Our Name is Macedonia

English ad:

Macedonian ad:

To put a banner on your website, please visit:

http://www.mhrmi.org/news/2010/august...
            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak
              The president himself acknowledges the inequities in the name negotiations then what are we negotiating for when there is a forgone conclusion ie a change will be just do you want this bad name or the other bad name.
              That is what the issue is, the government openly acknowledges the inequities of the "negotiations", the abhorence of the "talks" and the illegality of the "extortion" that Greece is exercizing on RoM, but the question is, why continue? Could it be that the government is that ignorant of the issues, or is there something more to read from the actions of the government.
              "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
              though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
              Our long awaited hour will draw near
              and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Znam Buctop I’ve argued the point aprox Apr May in the past but its getting too dangerous. But the again when has Macedonian history not been.

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                  Znam Buctop I’ve argued the point aprox Apr May in the past but its getting too dangerous. But the again when has Macedonian history not been.
                  That, as our dear friend shakespere has said, is the question...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                    That is what the issue is, the government openly acknowledges the inequities of the "negotiations", the abhorence of the "talks" and the illegality of the "extortion" that Greece is exercizing on RoM, but the question is, why continue? Could it be that the government is that ignorant of the issues, or is there something more to read from the actions of the government.
                    This is the classic Buktop vassal argument.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Buktop, Tell us about the kid in the add?
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        This is the classic Buktop vassal argument.
                        Can you please rationalize the mixed signals being given by the government?

Adamant refusal to rename the country, while continuing to abide by the Interim Accord and the name talks?

I don't know how this is considered vassal, but then again, you never were good at explanations.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Can you please rationalize the mixed signals being given by the government?

Adamant refusal to rename the country, while continuing to abide by the Interim Accord and the name talks?

I don't know how this is considered vassal, but then again, you never were good at explanations.
                          Buktop,

Any fool can see that the negotiations are detrimental to our cause, yet you keep pushing the line that the government has some 'secret grand strategy' and that we should trust them. That is a vassal argument.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Buktop,

Any fool can see that the negotiations are detrimental to our cause, yet you keep pushing the line that the government has some 'secret grand strategy' and that we should trust them. That is a vassal argument.
                            I am not saying to blindly trust them, but I am asking you to rationalize the mixed signals coming from the government and it's officials. Can you do that?

I would sure hope that this government has a strategy. I think even basic competence requires that the country is able to develop some sort of plan or strategy...

My initial post posed this question "the government openly acknowledges the inequities of the "negotiations", the abhorence of the "talks" and the illegality of the "extortion" that Greece is exercizing on RoM, but the question is, why continue? Could it be that the government is that ignorant of the issues, or is there something more to read from the actions of the government?" Can you tell me honestly that the government isn't aware of the vital connection between our name and our identity?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

I am not saying to blindly trust them, but I am asking you to rationalize the mixed signals coming from the government and it's officials. Can you do that?

I would sure hope that this government has a strategy. I think even basic competence requires that the country is able to develop some sort of plan or strategy...

My initial post posed this question "the government openly acknowledges the inequities of the "negotiations", the abhorence of the "talks" and the illegality of the "extortion" that Greece is exercizing on RoM, but the question is, why continue? Could it be that the government is that ignorant of the issues, or is there something more to read from the actions of the government?" Can you tell me honestly that the government isn't aware of the vital connection between our name and our identity?
                              Vassal, subservience - think about what they mean.

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Vassal, subservience - think about what they mean.
                                Can you answer my question or are you just going to repeat Vassal another thousand times?

Comment

Working...
                                X