Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I thought that clown was replaced by timothy?What new thing is he devising to send them all broke if that hasn't happened.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
      • Dec 2009

This church dispute is causing immeasurable damage to the Macedonian community in Australia. Petar should have his head examained.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
        This church dispute is causing immeasurable damage to the Macedonian community in Australia. Petar should have his head examained.
        Stojacanec
        Not quite, he just needs it handed to him!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

the vladika wants the tapia with his name if you please.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

whats the latest in the church dispute does anyone know ?
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Petar has finally lost. It seems a new diocese will be registered as an incorporated non-profit association with Timotej as Bishop and each local church will join as a member (and will continue to be incorporated non-profit associations), which is basically what the Australian Macedonian community wanted all along.

http://www.mkd.mk/makedonija/dijaspo...-nova-eparhija

I think all Petar is left with are 3 churches whose property titles are in his name and a bunch of churches that exist on paper only. Not sure what is happening with St. Petka.

Any updates from people that are closer to the issue?
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

what happened to the units this clown sold in rockdale where did the money go.?What afucking clown he wastes over 10 million dollars & now this clown petar has hit a solution.Obviously he didn't know to ask for advice in the first place.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

guys just heard today on macedonian radio how petar lost the case on sv petrka rockdale.

Does anyone know more?.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Church Causes Grave Storm Down Under

The Macedonian Orthodox Church, MPC, has reassured believers in Australia that they will not have to re-bury their dead after it pronounced thousands of burials, marriages and baptisms there invalid.

The Macedonian Orthodox Church, MPC, has reassured believers in Australia that they will not have to re-bury their dead after it pronounced thousands of burials, marriages and baptisms there invalid.
                    Sinisa Jakov Marusic BIRN Skopje

The Holy Synod of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, MPC, the Church's highest governing body, this week confirmed that religious rites performed by ousted priests in Australia who are accused of secessionism are not valid.

However, in a move to calm anxious believers, it has said physical reburials need not occur.

"Nobody has said that the deceased need to be dug up. Don't manipulate such expressions," Bishop Petar, who is in charge of the Australian diocese of the MPC, said.

"We said that new funeral services should be performed. Such services are being performed without the need of actual reburial," Petar told reporters in Skopje.

The Church's move was greeted on social networks with reactions varying from ridicule to utter disbelief.

One prominent representative of the Macedonian diaspora in Australia, Ico Najdovski, remarked that they would have to "get bulldozers ready to dig up dead people in Australia."

Other believers ironically asked Stefan on social networks whether they would have to re-marry their partners.

The letter that caused all this debate, which the MPC previously sent to believers in Australia, contained an order for believers to either repeat the burial services, marriage ceremonies and baptisms within 12 months, using legitimate priests free of charge, or pay the full price afterwards.

The letter signed by head of the Church, Archbishop Stefan, offended many Macedonians in Australia, as it called them "so-called believers".

The MPC has justified the letter as a chance for Orthodox Macedonians in Australia to repent and return to the true flock.

The row reflects a rift between the MPC and some Macedonian Australian church communities that centres on control of property.

While the MPC insists that it should manage the property of Australian church communities, the rebel parishes say the MPC can perform rites there but cannot actually own property that has been built by Macedonians living there.

Unlike the Catholic Church, the global Orthodox community has no central ruling figure. It is composed of numerous self-governing ecclesiastical bodies, such as the Macedonian Orthodox Church, each geographically and nationally distinct but theologically unified.
                    Repent!
                    Or burn in hell.
                    Or just pay for the services later and you will be fine.

So it seems Orthodoxy is the same as Catholicism, we can pay for the safety of our souls later.

You wouldn't get away with it without the "mystery" of faith.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Bunch of moneygrabbing fucks!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Is this policy directed to all Macedonian-Australian churches not under the jurisdiction of the Petar?

I still don't fully understand this dispute, but the first question that always comes to mind is how can one Bishop be put in charge of two dioceses (Bitola and Australia)? For example the Macedonian dioceses of North America and Europe each have their own bishops.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Bunch of moneygrabbing fucks!
                          It isn't really the question of money if funds are community focused. For me it is the notion that all can be fixed if rites are re-performed and noted in some quasi UDBA database in the MPC Ohridsko Archbishopric. Why aren't the real christians violently opposing this line of bullshit? What does faith have to do with a database?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Actually, we know the funds are not community focused. So money is also an issue (naturally).
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Philosopher
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great
                              So it seems Orthodoxy is the same as Catholicism, we can pay for the safety of our souls later.

You wouldn't get away with it without the "mystery" of faith. It isn't really the question of money if funds are community focused. For me it is the notion that all can be fixed if rites are re-performed and noted in some quasi UDBA database in the MPC Ohridsko Archbishopric. Why aren't the real christians violently opposing this line of bullshit? What does faith have to do with a database?
                              While we have our differences Risto, put in a less crude form, you make a number of points. The so-called church--East and West-- have essentially taken a very simple and uncomplicated religion and have systematized it into what it is today. It is a shame really.

I can't find a place in the New Testament that teaches baptism must be performed by an elected or appointed leader; nor do I see the argument made in the New Testament that a baptism ceases to be valid if the person performed it was later accused of secessionism.

This is a so-called church dispute, well-outside the historical boundary of the New Testament.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Why aren't the real christians violently opposing this line of bullshit? What does faith have to do with a database?
                                Perhaps it’s because some Christian forum members have gotten the impression from other forum members that this forum should (in the bests interests of the cause) be secular in nature… but I guess I could have gotten my wires crossed on that one, or there is the possibility that I don’t know what secular means.

I find the assertions and mitigating proposals by the MPC noted in the article to be ridiculous by the way, so my sentiments are in line with yours in this regard.
                                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

Working...
                                X