X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

France. Has anyone here had a look at the history and reasoning behind the use of the power of veto, by France?

I have. From what I can see, the French seem to take the power of veto quite seriously and use it very rarely (relative to veto use by other permanent SC member-states). I am of the view that it is very highly unlikely that the French will use their veto for an issue that is quite trivial for them and of little to no consequence to them, nor will their non-use of their veto power harm relations with Greece.

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      France. Has anyone here had a look at the history and reasoning behind the use of the power of veto, by France?

I have. From what I can see, the French seem to take the power of veto quite seriously and use it very rarely (relative to veto use by other permanent SC member-states). I am of the view that it is very highly unlikely that the French will use their veto for an issue that is quite trivial for them and of little to no consequence to them, nor will their non-use of their veto power harm relations with Greece.
      I don't share your confidence Rogi...
      I can see France using the veto with the 'justification' that this issue is primarily a matter between Macedonia and Greece and the matter should be resolved within the current framework. Otherwise one could ask the question of why France never recognized Macedonia in the first place but supported the Greek position...

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Phoenix, France hasnt used its veto power in the UN for over 40 years, not since the mid 60s if i can recall. France has already signed an official bilateral document under our name, i can't see them sticking their necks out for Greece on this one.

Its fantastic, lets not forget that we established diplomatic relations with Bolivia in 1994 however the then foreign minister Denko Maleski did it under fyrom.

This is brilliant, well done to our diplomatic team this is fantastic.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Even though this list in not 100% correct what is alarming is that we could get so many of these countries down the bottom where we havnt even established diplomatic relations with these countries. Surly the very least we can do is establish diplomatic relations and cover them from near by neighboring countries and there are at least 5 countries there who would recognize us without hesitation once we established diplomatic relations.

On the contrary i dont see how a country like Romania which says here that they havnt recognized us when they have done even more then that they recognized a Macedonian Minority and where the first country in the Balkans to do that.

Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, Norway, Latvia, Italy all recognized us at least in bilateral relations. It says that this list comes from the Macedonian MNR, it must have been pretty old if they gave it to them. I know that Pero Stojanovski just recently became Ambassador to New Zealand and he signed under our Name.

Japan,Iceland,Vatican/Holly Sea and Afghanistan are on the list of countries where its uncertain how they call us when we all know that they've officially recognized us. Japan recognized us in the 90s, well over 10 years ago.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

With so much recognition of Macedonia why must gruevski & co capitulate to the greeks & compromise the name.It just doesn't make sense to give in after all that recognition.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              With so much recognition of Macedonia why must gruevski & co capitulate to the greeks & compromise the name.It just doesn't make sense to give in after all that recognition.
              coz of some unknown reasons mr gruevski want to get into the EU and therefore we need the OK from "RoV"
              1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
              2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Yet another. Not a massive nation, but numbers keep growing. Its at 132 now according to this report.

TUVALU RECOGNISES MACEDONIA UNDER ITS CONSTITUTIONAL NAME

Skopje, 30 June 2011 (MIA) - The Republic of Macedonia and the state of Tuvalu have established diplomatic relations under the constitutional name at ambassadorial level at the premises of the Macedonian Permanent Mission to the UN.

On Thursday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that Tuvalu is the 132nd country that has officially recognised Macedonia under its constitutional name.

The joint communiqué was signed by Macedonian ambassador Pajo Avirovic and his counterpart, MoFA says in a press release. Both countries will develop their ties in line with the principles of mutual respect, friendship, non-interference into internal affairs and recognition of the countries' territorial integrity and sovereignty.

Tuvalu, formerly known as the Ellice Islands, is a Polynesian island nation located in the Pacific Ocean, midway between Hawaii and Australia.

http://www.idividi.com.mk/English/Ma...826/index.html
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I have always loved Tuvalu.
                  I have dreams of going there.
                  It means so much to me. In a way, it is my home away from home.
                  What is Tuvalu?

lol

... if only Macedonia recognised it's own name we would not have this problem.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    I have always loved Tuvalu.
                    I have dreams of going there.
                    It means so much to me. In a way, it is my home away from home.
                    What is Tuvalu?

lol

lol

All i know, there was more people at my wedding than the total population of Tuvalu. But atleast they make up more in numbers that recognise Macedonia compared to our own citizens in ROM.

I could have sworn "Tuvalu" is some kind of dish.

By the way....thank you Tuvalu ( Ellice Islands)
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      They do, in Macedonia itself. As for the rest of the world, they merely need to join the dots and realise it is Macedonia when they notice the rivers and mountains (or the PM of the country wearing a name badge with FYR at the top).
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                        • Jun 2009

Намибија ја призна Македонија под уставно име

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                          • Sep 2008

Namibia and Macedonia Establish Diplomatic Ties under Constitutional name

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Namibia is the 133rd country to establish diplomatic ties with Macedonia at an Ambassadorial level using the country's constitutional name.

- This afternoon in New York, Macedonia and Namibia signed an agreement and established diplomatic ties at an Ambassadorial level under Macedonia's official constitutional name. The Ambassadors of both countries at the UN Pajo Avirovic and Wilfried Emvula signed the agreement and following UN protocol it shall be distributed to all UN members - stated Macedonia's Foreign Ministry in a press release.

As MoI informs, the relations between the two nations will be developed and nurtured via mutual respect, friendship, not interfering in the internal matters of the country and respecting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of both countries.
                          This is seen as the first step for building up a relationship that will take the two countries into cooperating on projects of joint interests.
                          http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19917/45/

1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

If only Macedonia recognised itself as Macedonia, it would have every nation except for the Greeks recognising it. And Greece would look silly.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

the missing link in the puzzle is macedonia itself.it should start acting like a soveregn country & really behave like one Get it's house in order.They should stop pandering to the minorities.It should be one class of citizen & that is a mavedonian citizen.
                              Last edited by George S.; 12-21-2011, 06:54 PM. Reason: ed
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                                • Sep 2010

And this helped us how??? the name is still on the table....

Comment

Working...
                                X