Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grotius
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
    Mikail, why would they be concerned by his presence?
    Because he is ethnic Greek, a serious human rights activist with many connections in the EU and UN and someone who advocates Macedonian human rights in Greece! This is a nightmare for them.

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Grotius View Post
      Because he is ethnic Greek, a serious human rights activist with many connections in the EU and UN and someone who advocates Macedonian human rights in Greece! This is a nightmare for them.
      That's right. Another thing they mentioned in the article is that the Priminister declined a meeting with him on this occasion.

Keep bringing him out guys and make the nightmare a reality.

How many times will the Priminister decline to meet him. Afterall, Gillards electorate is full of Macedonians
      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

I am going to the Adelaide one. I hope I can catch up with some of them personally. What they are doing is highly commendable, especially an ethnic Greek for the Macedonian cause.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
          I am going to the Adelaide one. I hope I can catch up with some of them personally. What they are doing is highly commendable, especially an ethnic Greek for the Macedonian cause.
          Dimitras stands as an aberration in a country that is defined by deep rooted xenophobia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

The tour is really capturing the minds of many Macedonians and the Adelaide leg is definitely going to be a big event with a great deal of support.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

listening to these guys speak is truely inspiring. I went to see them Friday night at a small gathering. Dimitras is a Gentleman in every sense of the word!
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

By the way, Neos Kosmos reported in another article that Nikola Gruevski has made a statement that he will never compromise on the name. This has really got up their noses.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

I have just come back from the dinner dance, it's good to see Micho once again and meeting Pando for the first time, we couldnt stop talking. Excellent night.
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• machorot
                    • May 2010

My folks just got back from the Sydney event, they had a wonderful time. Mum joked that Dimitras was a 'wolf in sheeps clothing'.... i think she had a little too much wine....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                      By the way, Neos Kosmos reported in another article that Nikola Gruevski has made a statement that he will never compromise on the name. This has really got up their noses.
                      The very fact that he is still negotiating with Greece is evidence of his willingness to compromise, and if Greece had agreed to Gruevski's stupidity in 2008, Macedonia would now be RoM-Skopje.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

AMHRC, hope the Melbourne event went very well.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mastika
                          • Feb 2010

I attended the Belomorci concert. It was an amazing evening and I would like to thank the AMHRC for bringing out the igraorci, Dimitri, Pando and Panayote. I think only Adelaide and Perth are left in the tour, I urge everyone in these cities to go and attend. It was a joyous and emotional evening. I eagerly await the return of more Macedonians from Greece. Da zivee [Egejska] Makedonija!

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

I fully agree with you som the stupidity of rom just amazes me how they can keep carrying on.They have no shame or anything to be negotiating our name.If the greeks had their way there would be no macedonia word in the name all the more to stop behaving like an idiot for rom govt.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Well, it was a lovely get together in Adelaide.
                              The overseas guests were a delight to meet and the information they shared was both illuminating and inspiring.

Pande was a terrific guy and he made me laugh when asked how he feels in front of a microphone. Whether he would be able to capture the imagination of his audience and stir their emotions on the plight of Macedonians in Greece. He said he had no fear of his audience, he feared he would end up crying on stage instead. It was all said in humour but I am sure there was some truth in it as he is very passionate about the plight of Macedonians in Greece.

The single most salient memory that I was left with was that of the AMHRC. Their sustained commitment to the Macedonian Cause is spectacular and their motivations for positive change are more than evident. They certainly brought out their "A team" and pulled no punches in making this an important event on the Macedonian calendar. I didn't get to speak with all of the AMHRC committee (instead opting to bathe outside in George's second hand smoke) on the night but sincerely thank them for their commitment and hope we can chat in more detail on future occasions.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                The single most salient memory that I was left with was that of the AMHRC. Their sustained commitment to the Macedonian Cause is spectacular and their motivations for positive change are more than evident.
                                This is very true Risto. I took five guests to a gathering at Fed Square. Until that night they were not very aware of AMHRC and had nothing at all to do with them.

The AMHRC left a very positive impression on these five and they have told me to keep them updated on any future events. They were most impressed at the level of organisation and the way the evening was conducted and kept in order.

They are all strongly considering becoming AMHRC members!

Well done guys on your professionalism. Keep this up and we will continue to expose you to more Macedonians not aware of your intenstions.

Comment

Working...
                                X