Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
    Over the past months though I have studied more and more and looked through documents of my family, Yes a lot of my family is from Thrace, Bulgarian/Greek border for the most part, but a lot originally come from Constantinople, and this is way back.. the farthest I could get is 1600s they were in Constantinople then they started to migrate.. and that was grinding through family documentation and through stories passed down each generation! Back on track, they started to migrate west in which they settled on the Bulgarian/Greek border (in modern political geography), I think they started to do this around 1600s..

Then a good bit of my family comes from around the Pontic sea, in which I have a good bit of Pontic. Also some German from what I know, but at this point everybody in Europe has SOME German lol
    This is not very believable and you still sound like a troll. 1600 was 15 generations ago. Do YOU find your story believable?

Comment

• Redsun
      • Jul 2013

I would not say that name is offensive
      How come? I find it offensive and insulting.

it just does not fit the country historically
      It does not fit the country at all.

What does the name/acronym imply? That the people of the Republic of Macedonia are nothing more than remnants of the Slavic Empire Yugoslavia. A remnant of Yugoslavia, and nothing more.

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
      They have also counted on Macedonians not being too insulted over the reference, which, as it turns out, was spot on.
      That’s a false statement, rubbish.

In typical Macedonian fashion we have collectively just shrugged our shoulders and said “Oh well, such is life”.
      Collectively? I'm not shrugging my shoulders, where did you find this idiom?
      Last edited by Redsun; 04-06-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• VMRO
        • Sep 2008

Thanks man!

Yea I did not want to leave it "vague" but the thread got locked hahaha, they thought I was here to troll, so to make sure I wasnt they let my account stay to see how I would post.

Over the past months though I have studied more and more and looked through documents of my family, Yes a lot of my family is from Thrace, Bulgarian/Greek border for the most part, but a lot originally come from Constantinople, and this is way back.. the farthest I could get is 1600s they were in Constantinople then they started to migrate.. and that was grinding through family documentation and through stories passed down each generation! Back on track, they started to migrate west in which they settled on the Bulgarian/Greek border (in modern political geography), I think they started to do this around 1600s..

Then a good bit of my family comes from around the Pontic sea, in which I have a good bit of Pontic. Also some German from what I know, but at this point everybody in Europe has SOME German lol

and concerning the flag! I used to identify as Greek but as I said I dig through all I can find, (which is a lot more then I ever thought I could) and I find new information and what not, so as of now and the past couple months I have been in limbo of what nation I should "dedicate" myself too, I want to do a DNA test to see and then do a y-dna test as well.
        Just to give me a clear sight and right judgement.

Do not let my Greek flag confuse you, across to the other wall, I have a Macedonian, Turkish, Azerbaijan and even a North Cyprus flag! I collect flags

I judge based on the facts and figures I see, not what I am told to say, in which most Greeks do. c:

Pontic Sea? So around Trabzon?
        Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Karposh
          • Aug 2015

Redsun, I did not find this “idiom” anywhere. It is a personal observation and a generalisation about Macedonians’ general apathy about matters of national interest. It may sound like rubbish to you but even Gotse Delchev spoke about this apathy and about the need for Macedonians to undergo a cultural revolution of the mind before they could pick up a gun and join him in the fight for Macedonia. Sorry if I can’t provide the exact source for this “idiom” too but people who have read the biography of Gotse will know what I’m talking about.

Fact is the overwhelming majority of Macedonians are not militant fascists like our neighbours that surround us. I’m not saying this is a bad thing. I’m proud of the fact that we can tell the world we are Macedonians without having to ram it down their throats.

Again, when I said “collectively shrugging their shoulders”, it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I was making a generalised and exaggerated point for dramatic effect. Obviously I didn’t mean that you were shrugging your shoulders and copping it sweet. I’m sure you’re down at the SBS grounds, even as I type this message, smashing down SBS’s front door in your outrage.

That being said, I will write a letter of complaint to SBS about the usage of the reference, as advised by AMHRC. I’ll do my part just like I’m sure you will too but my assessment still stands. I was sharing an opinion which I thought was the whole point of us indulging here. You don’t have to agree with me but I don’t think it is rubbish.

Comment

• King Niko
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
            How come? I find it offensive and insulting.

It does not fit the country at all.

What does the name/acronym imply? That the people of the Republic of Macedonia are nothing more than remnants of the Slavic Empire Yugoslavia. A remnant of Yugoslavia, and nothing more.
            As you are Macedonian, it should be offensive in a way, I understand you, do not think I do not! I am just saying a different "perspective" lets say.

I do not like to talk about Macedonia or Greece in the "history" debate, as I feel like there is no outstanding evidence for either nation to have a strong claim on what they say.

That does not mean, I am saying anything against your nation, and I actually think Macedonia history is deeply rooted to the land, while the Greek nation is simply created by the big powers to weaken the Ottoman Empire at the time.

It fits the nation, but it is not a logical term you want your nation to be called, it makes sense, you want your nation to be represented by your history, and I understand that!

Comment

• King Niko
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
              Pontic Sea? So around Trabzon?
              Yes. Sinop and Trabzon. Possibly some in Caucasus I want to say but I have no concrete evidence of this for my family.

Comment

• King Niko
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                This is not very believable and you still sound like a troll. 1600 was 15 generations ago. Do YOU find your story believable?
                Saying my family has passed down stories in which I have been told, am I saying I have 100% proof? Nope, I am just merely stating what I have been told. I do find my story believable considering my family told me so...

I do not wish to speak about all my family history online because one time I did and I got a million questions and hassled, so I try to avoid doing so.

If you think I sound like a troll, that is your opinion, I am not here to troll, I have been using this website for years to read about this debate between Macedonia and Greece, I came to make a account to be able to post.
                I have no idea why I am explaining myself. I think you are just biased and upset with my post.

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

You know Trabzon have people of Laz origins living there, many who were Christians were forcefully relocated to Greece in the 1920's. They ended up being hellenized yet they spoke a language related to Georgian.
                  Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                    Fark me...that's so funny hearing it from a Greek...the very accusations of trolling and reality itself...if 1600 AD or 15 generations ago seem like a long stretch of the 'truth' to you, then how the fark do you reconcile the Greek tenet of Macedonia being 'greek' for 4000 years, or the 1000 year old, leather bound manuscripts that your partner in bullshit, Poligyros, claims to posses in his home village...

Actually, King Niko's account of family history is far more believable than most of the shit flung around this forum from a procession of Greek trolls over the years...I think the 'Kings' account is the story of modern Greece, which makes your crap about Macedonia even less tenable.

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

I do not wish to speak about all my family history online because one time I did and I got a million questions and hassled, so I try to avoid doing so.

If you think I sound like a troll, that is your opinion, I am not here to troll, I have been using this website for years to read about this debate between Macedonia and Greece, I came to make a account to be able to post.
                      I have no idea why I am explaining myself. I think you are just biased and upset with my post.
                      Here, here Niko. Don’t worry about it mate, you’re not a troll. Trolls are the ones abusing fellow posters here without probable cause. And what is probable cause in the context of this web site? Those who come here to negate the existence of the Macedonian nation and state. You have done no such thing my friend and have always posted positive stuff about Macedonia and Macedonians. You are more than welcome here.

I kind of feel bad having opened up your family background question again. Sorry about that but I was genuinely interested. No pressure to say anymore about your family. I can respect that.

Comment

• Redsun
                        • Jul 2013

It fits the nation, but it is not a logical term you want your nation to be called, it makes sense, you want your nation to be represented by your history, and I understand that!
                        How does it fit the nation?

Comment

• Redsun
                          • Jul 2013

I was sharing an opinion which I thought was the whole point of us indulging here. You don’t have to agree with me but I don’t think it is rubbish.
                          You are right. Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

• King Niko
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                            You know Trabzon have people of Laz origins living there, many who were Christians were forcefully relocated to Greece in the 1920's. They ended up being hellenized yet they spoke a language related to Georgian.
                            I heard of such, that is why I come to the conclusion since I have a Slavic look to me, I want to take some DNA test too find out more specifically though. People tell me I look like Steppe Turks from the Caucasus haha!!

Comment

• King Niko
                              • Sep 2015

Here, here Niko. Don’t worry about it mate, you’re not a troll. Trolls are the ones abusing fellow posters here without probable cause. And what is probable cause in the context of this web site? Those who come here to negate the existence of the Macedonian nation and state. You have done no such thing my friend and have always posted positive stuff about Macedonia and Macedonians. You are more than welcome here.

I kind of feel bad having opened up your family background question again. Sorry about that but I was genuinely interested. No pressure to say anymore about your family. I can respect that.
                              Thank you for those kind words friend! I think everyone can troll here and there, but I come to this forum for the reason of learning, I watched this website and read from here for a loooong time, I then decided recently to make an account.
                              and
                              Oh no! you were not asking that much, what you asked is fine with me, but people ride me to give them a whole lot of specifics and then argue with me that I am a liar, as you can see..
                              That is where the problem comes from, also I am not a very organized person with my thoughts lol
                              but,
                              Have a great day!
                              Last edited by King Niko; 04-08-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• King Niko
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                                How does it fit the nation?
                                Well who did you gain independence from?

Yugoslavia,

Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,
                                so its logical, but that does not mean its "correct" per say.

Look, its your nation, you guys should have the choice of what you are called no matter what!

It is silly to say otherwise.. You do not fall under Greek jurisdiction, no matter how much they whine about their "Macedonia" province, Its your nation, call it what you want, and this is not even reflecting history...

Comment

Working...
                                X