Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMHRC
    De-registered
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    An excellent read.
    Thank you
    The chosen font for much of the text body is not the best to read online IMO.
    Glad you liked the content Risto. Hey it's Times New Roman - but we could try something different next time out. Any preference?

Comment

• Dejan
      • Sep 2008

Nice read. I thought Vangelovski did a nice write-up, among others.
      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
        Thanks Mate. I look forward to reading some of the other articles on the bugging scandal. From a quick glance they seem to take different perspectives on it.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• VMRO
          • Sep 2008

Great stuff AMHRC.
          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Well done!

Comment

• AMHRC
              De-registered
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
              Originally posted by VMRO View Post
              Great stuff AMHRC.
              Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
              Well done!
              Thanks everyone.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

captivating articles ,enjoyed well.Well done Tom.Keep it up with interesting articles.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• AMHRC
                  De-registered
                  • Sep 2009

Launch of New Book On Macedonian Matters

BOOK LAUNCH: ON MACEDONIAN MATTERS

Melbourne 11/6/2015 - On Macedonian Matters is the title of a new book edited by Professor Victor Friedman (University of Chicago) and Dr. Jim Hlavac (Monash University) that was recently released by the international academic publishing house: Verlag Otto Sagner. The book contains 15 chapters written by various scholars from a variety of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. These texts emerged from discussions at an international scholarly conference which was facilitated by the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) at Monash University in 2013.

The focus is on modern Macedonian history, as the subtitle of the book indicates: From the Partition and Annexation of Macedonia in 1913 to the Present. From the publisher's blurb, we learn that a common theme running through the book is a concern about the subjection of the Republic of Macedonia to "blockade politics" and an "absence of respect and recognition for Macedonian language, nationality and ethnicity".

The AMHRC will host the Australian launch of the book in Melbourne on Wednesday 24 June, 7.00pm at Franceska's Bar - 222 High St. Northcote. Co-editor of the book, Jim Hlavac, along with other chapter authors, will be present to discuss the significance of this new publication. Entry is free and all are welcome. Please confirm your attendance by emailing the AMHRC: [email protected]

Copies of the book will be available for purchase on the night of the launch, though it would be wise to reserve a copy for purchase in advance of the launch, by emailing the AMHRC, as availability is limited.

######

Established in 1984, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non-governmental organisation that informs and advocates before international institutions, governments and broader communities about combating racism and promoting human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world, are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Sounds great.
                    Google will be having fun with this book title.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Wish I was in Australia. But great job.

On another note, is the title an intentional shout out to Krste Misirkov's book?

Comment

• AMHRC
                        De-registered
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                        Wish I was in Australia. But great job.

On another note, is the title an intentional shout out to Krste Misirkov's book?
                        Yes it is; not that there is any special discussion of Misirkov's work in this new book.

Comment

• vicsinad
                          • May 2011

Some similarity in the theme

Comment

• Nikolaj
                            • Aug 2014

I will be emailing you tonight for sure.

Edit: Wait, do I have to go physically to purchase it or can i pre-order one for shipping to Sydney?
                            Last edited by Nikolaj; 06-11-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• AMHRC
                              De-registered
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                              I will be emailing you tonight for sure.

Edit: Wait, do I have to go physically to purchase it or can i pre-order one for shipping to Sydney?
                              Yes Nikolaj, just email asking for a pre-order to be shipped to you in Sydney. Please everyone note, those of you who cannot attend the launch (but want to purchase a copy of the book), because you do not live in Melbourne or any other reason, please email the AMHRC to make a pre-order so that a copy can be reserved for you and then shipped to you. The book is selling very rapidly.
                              Cheers.
                              Last edited by AMHRC; 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Its about time that a book was published,Real documented stuff based on real evidence is more readily accepted in the higher seats of education.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X