Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
    A... stench? That sounds almost hateful and harassing. Why can't you have a normal political debate like an educated[*] human being?
    [*] Though, I don't mind if you're not.
    Correct, I do hate you and everyone like you.
    Don't confuse politics with educated human beings, the two ideas can be totally mutually exclusive as you so often prove.

What you've been asked to provide is an answer to specific questions, those answers will prove whether you act as a politician or an educated human being...

Until then, you're nothing but a gutless piece of shit...you can polish up the debate in any political fashion you like...but the stench remains.

Comment

• AMHRC
      De-registered
      • Sep 2009

MHR Review #20 - just released

Macedonian Human Rights Review #20

Please click the link for a download option: http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/content/amhrc-review
      Inside this issue:

*What is Old is New - Dr. Vasko Nastevski
      *News in Brief - Mitch Belichovski
      *To & From SBS - Dr. Chris Popov
      *To EU Members of Parliament - OMO
      *In Response to Ignorance - Dr. Stojko Stojkov
      *MANU & BAN - AMHRC
      *Golden Dawn in Australia - AMHRC
      *My Adventures in Darkest Europe - Victor Bivell
      *Radical Islamism - Tom Vangelovski
      *Urbanisation and Social Problems in Macedonia - Victor Sinadinoski
      *Macedonian Folk Poetry - Dr. Michael Seraphinoff
      *Greek Propaganda 1900-1903 - Dr. Dimitar Ljorovski Vamvakovski
      *Macedonians in Melnik & Musomishte
      *"Non-Existent" Macedonians Celebrate - Dimitri Jovanov
      Last edited by AMHRC; 11-07-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Dejan
        • Sep 2008

Another good read. Bravos
        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

I just had a quick note in relation to Victor's article in the most recent issue of the MHR Review.

Macedonia has three national parks: Pelister, Mavrovo, and Galicica. Their creation may seem like a good idea for those who want to protect nature. But they are not. They signal that nature is a temporary playground – it is a place for 'non-natural' humans to enjoy recreation and peaceful getaways. The idea of national parks suggest that Macedonians are not a part of nature and only occasionally should immerse themselves in it. Contrarily, villagers do not need national parks – they interact with nature daily, whether they are planting seeds, fishing, collecting blueberries, chopping wood, swimming in rivers or hunting in forests. Villages respect the land because the land is their life; cities destroy villagers’ lands and set aside some land that only can be used for play.
          I was quite surprised to read the above paragraph, but welcomed it nonetheless.

The prevailing belief among Australian environmentalists seems to be that humans are not a part of nature and their presence in national parks, state forests and other natural reservations should be absolutely minimised and if possible excluded all together. Most national parks etc are effectively locked up in Australia due to environmentalists succeeding in banning vehicles from entering these zones. This means that people are only able to access the peripheries of these reserves (that which they can reach on foot) and hundreds of thousands of square kilometres which can only be accessed by vehicles are effectively out of reach and are only visited by park rangers and volunteers from selected environmental groups who have special vehicle access.

If you mentioned fishing, hunting, chopping wood, collecting anything or anything that could even hurt a blade of grass, an Australian environmentalist would have a heart attack on the spot. So much propaganda has been spread about these activities over the past 3-4 decades, that the average Australian is made to feel like Josef Mengele for even having an interest in them.

Needless to say, I have never seen an environmentalist (of this category) that does not live in one of the major cities. Anyone living outside of the major cities (according to this brand of environmentalism that dominates in Australia) obviously knows nothing about nature, does not care about nature and should not be allowed into nature lest they destroy it with their guns, rods and 4WD's.

I'm glad to see (if I have understood you correctly) that you understand that people are the best custodians of the environment through positive activities (like those you mentioned).
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 11-05-2014, 05:38 AM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

sounds like a greeny type statement with the australian side.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I enjoyed Victor's article. Something a little different.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Thanks Risto. I find that, coincidentally, Mr. Seraphinoff's article on Macedonian Folk Poetry demonstrates a genuine personal and emotional appeal to a few of the points that are brought up in my article.

Thanks Tom. I believe the purpose of protecting nature is so we can live in it, not so we can observe it from afar. Our responsibility to it is our responsibility to ourselves.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

A nice post there vicsinad well said I liked most of the articles including
                  Tom, s one.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• AMHRC
                    De-registered
                    • Sep 2009

Scholarly Conference in Lerin

AMHRC to Co-Host Historic International Scholarly Conference on Macedonian Matters in Lerin

Melbourne - 14/4/2015 - The Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC), together with European Free Alliance - Rainbow, the political party of the Macedonian minority in Greece and the European Free Alliance - Brussels, will jointly organise an international scholarly conference on Macedonian matters in Lerin (Florina in Greek), Aegean Macedonia, Greece from 16-19 July 2015.

This multidisciplinary conference will aim to make a substantial contribution to an understanding of modern Macedonian history from a variety of perspectives, including sociological, linguistic, anthropological and political.

A similar conference was organised at Melbourne's Monash University in 2013 by the AMHRC, marking the 100th anniversary of the end of the second Balkan War and the partition of Macedonia. As a result of that conference, later this year, an academic publishing house will publish the conference papers in a book entitled “On Macedonian Matters: From the Partition of Macedonia in 1913 to the Present”, edited by Professor Victor Friedman and Dr Jim Hlavac.

Given the success of the first conference, the AMHRC in cooperation with scholars who participated in the earlier conference, have decided to assemble for a second and in a sense, historic conference in Lerin, to be held from 16-19 July 2015. The conference will culminate with the annual "Ilinden" Macedonian cultural festival in the village of Ovchareni (Meliti in Greek), Lerin.

A number of other significant international guests, including members of the European Parliament, will also be in attendance. For more information in general and enquiries in regard to attending the conference, please contact the AMHRC directly via: [email protected]

######

Established in 1984, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non-governmental organisation that informs and advocates before international institutions, governments and broader communities about combating racism and promoting human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world, are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                      • Aug 2014

To AMHRC,

I believe you should have these conferences recorded to be accessible online.

It'll be a good investment.

Comment

• AMHRC
                        De-registered
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                        To AMHRC,

I believe you should have these conferences recorded to be accessible online.

It'll be a good investment.
                        Thanks for the suggestion Nikolaj. We may consider doing that with the upcoming conference - there are various things to take into account. As for the results of the last conference, they will soon be published in a book which will be available for online purchase.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

Great stuff AMHRC, keep up the good work.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the book later this year.
                          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Awesome! Good luck!

Comment

• AMHRC
                              De-registered
                              • Sep 2009

MHR Review #22 - just released

MHR Review #22

click the link for a download option: http://macedonianhr.org.au/content/amhrc-review

Inside this issue:

*Can Syriza Succeed? - Jorgos Papadakis
                              *Bans in the Service of National Purity - Dimitri Jovanov
                              *Ilinden and Greece - Dr. Dimitar Vamvakovski
                              *Recognition of Macedonia - Luke Simpkins
                              *News in Brief - Mitch Belichovski
                              *A Dark Political Winter in Macedonia - Maja B. Talevska
                              *Mass Surveillance Society - Tom Vangelovski
                              *European Commission Fails - EFA
                              *Macedonia's Phone Tapping Scandal - Victor Bivell
                              *Report on Macedonians in Bulgaria - OMO
                              *A 19th Century Enlightener - Dr. Michael Seraphinoff
                              *Muzikorama's Australian Tour

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

An excellent read.
                                Thank you
                                The chosen font for much of the text body is not the best to read online IMO.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X