Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • United MKD
    • Jul 2011

I'm definitely making plans to come to Melbourne for that week.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Great initiative AMHRC.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

maybe for those that can't make it if there is a report & or maybe like a you tube video of the conference Maybe the organiz
        ers could put it on you tube.
        Last edited by George S.; 11-03-2012, 07:31 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sekirani
          • Feb 2010

I think it's better a professional should videotape this and have it come out on dvd

Comment

• Sovius
            • Apr 2009

Excellent suggestions George and Sekirani! Why not both channels? This is a fantastic development. It will be interesting to see how the event is covered (or avoided) by various kinds of press organizations. There’s no getting around the partition term, no “Name Issue”, nothing but an objective look at various aspects of Macedonia’s existence since it was partitioned. Even the most prejudicial treatment will push critical facts into the light. Definitely should kick up the dust, if enough press releases are issued. Best of luck with the event!

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

perhaps the greeks & bulgarians are in denial that the partioning never took place.That they simply "liberated" macedonia from the ottomans.How about the meetings that took place that neither parties were happy with the amount of land they got.If greece came 1 to two hours late the bulgarians would have claimed aegean macedonia.The bulgarians wanted the whole of macedonia (aegean,prin,vardar,).Later the albanian s felt a small part of macedonia belonged to them.Can someone explain the unexplainable of how one country can belong to 4 other countries.They all laid claim to macedonia.All agains't the wishes of the macedonian people.
              Last edited by George S.; 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM. Reason: ed
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• AMHRC
                De-registered
                • Sep 2009

Greek Anti-Macedonian Struggle Book Launch

AUSTRALIAN MACEDONIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE (AMHRC) SPECIAL EVENT I N V I T A T I O N

BOOK LAUNCH - ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE GREEK
                ANTI-MACEDONIAN STRUGGLE - PART 1

BY DIMITRIS LITHOXOU

Translated from Macedonian to English by Dr. Chris Popov, David Vitkov and George Vlahov of the AMHRC

“In the United States, the examination and deconstruction of national myths already has a long and venerable tradition. In Greece, however, such questioning of dominant national paradigms is still ignored, discouraged, and sometimes even dangerous. Dimitris Lithoxou’s meticulously researched book is as important as it is instructive. His counter-narrative to Greek nationalist discourse deserves a broad audience both within Greece and outside it. As a modern European nation-state, Greece is strong enough to come to terms with the dark side of its relatively recent past, and Dimitris Lithoxou’s book is an important step in that direction. It should be read by anyone with an interest in Greek history, Macedonian history, and the fate of the Macedonians of Greece.”

Professor Victor Friedman, University of Chicago

“In what the author calls a "reverse journey from myth towards history," Dimitris Lithoxou draws on primary Greek sources--consular reports, private letters and diaries--to turn the dominant heroic narrative of Greece's Macedonian fighters on its head. The tragic picture of nationalist icon Pavlos Melas that emerges--a young man from a privileged background, tormented by the isolation and physical hardships of a campaign of terror in an alien, non-Greek land, and ultimately killed by one of his own men--is a potent and timely reminder of the danger that romantic ideals of expansive chauvinism pose for human reason and decency--among perpetrators and victims alike. This book is vivid testimony to the enduring importance of open-minded archival research in preserving the fragile and vital habit of critical thinking.”

Professor Keith Brown, Watson Institute, Brown University

Date: Thursday 7 March 2013 & Time: 7:00pm

Location: The Castle Hotel, 56 Courtney St, North Melbourne (near Royal Melbourne Hospital)

* Special Guest Speaker: Professor Victor Friedman, University of Chicago

* Comments by the translators

* Copies of book available for purchase, FREE ENTRY and COMPLIMENTARY FINGER FOOD PROVIDED

RSVP: By 5 March 2013
                Email: [email protected] or call (03) 9329 8960
                Last edited by AMHRC; 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Thank you Macedonian Human Rights

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Sounds interesting. Anyone in Melbourne should attend the event!
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Anyone with an ounce of patriotism should attend this event!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Great job AMHRC! Two questions: will the book be available through the MHRMI, and also I noticed this is "part 1" how many parts are there? -Thanks

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Anyone with an ounce of patriotism should attend this event!
                          Maybe an ounce if you live in Melbourne. If further away, perhaps a kilogram.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• AMHRC
                            De-registered
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            Great job AMHRC! Two questions: will the book be available through the MHRMI, and also I noticed this is "part 1" how many parts are there? -Thanks

Thanks to everyone above for their support, it is VERY appreciated.

Niko, part 1 is all that the author has written so far, though he is intending to write a second part, which would be the last part - so just parts 1 & 2.

We may be able to organise something via MHRMI, though in any case, the book will soon be made available for purchase, directly from the AMHRC website. I will let you know when.

Pozdrav.

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                              • Jun 2012

i will be there Great Work AMHRC! Keep it up

Comment

• AMHRC
                                De-registered
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Peshoshnitsa Lerin View Post
                                i will be there Great Work AMHRC! Keep it up
                                Thanks Peshoshnitsa, don't forget to rsvp, if you haven't already.
                                Last edited by AMHRC; 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X