Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackcactus
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
    We call on the EU, OSCE and other relevant institutions to recognise the invalidity of the census in Albania and the severe irregularities in Macedonia and to take steps that will ensure proper census implementation.

Have these and other organisations/media been contacted directly about this?

If so can we see what response they make?

Thankyou AMHRC and MHRMI for your efforts
    Last edited by blackcactus; 10-06-2011, 09:16 AM.
    The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Nice work AMHRC and MHRMI!
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• AMHRC
        De-registered
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
        Have these and other organisations/media been contacted directly about this?

If so can we see what response they make?

Thankyou AMHRC and MHRMI for your efforts
        Yes BC and if the institutions in question bother to respond (they sometimes don't and even when they do, it is not unusual for 3 - 5 months to have gone by) we shall make the nature of the response known.

Usually and unfortunately, it takes face to face meetings between representatives of our partner organisations like MAEI, OMO and Vinozhito, to really 'bring home' these sorts of issues to European institutions and such meetings take time to organise and are costly to boot - though we do try to keep them regular.

With the general media, our representative in Skopje, informed SEEMO (South East European Media Organisation) about this and many other issues last night.

AMHRC.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Thankyou AMHRC and MHRMI
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

AMHRC
            Well done - as usual, always on the ball, always at the front line!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

A very important message from the AMHRC but, if I had to rank it in terms of priority, I would say the tragedy unfolding in relation to the Macedonian census (in Macedonia) is far more of an immediate concern.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Hang on, I missed this part

Originally posted by AMHRC/MHRMI
                In Macedonia, on the other hand, the Albanian minority have illegally increased their numbers, evidently to show that ethnic Albanians amount to 20% of the total population of the Republic of Macedonia, so that Albanians can maintain a privileged status among Macedonia’s ethnic minorities. Field reports indicate that two censuses are taking place: one in parts of Western Macedonia where ethnic Albanians live and another one in the rest of the country. In Western Macedonia, identification methods contrary to international regulations have been implemented.
                In which case, there is nobody to blame but the Macedonian Government ... and they deserve to be.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Hang on, I missed this part

In which case, there is nobody to blame but the Macedonian Government ... and they deserve to be.
                  I agree with the general sentiments of the PR, however, I also agree with RtG's comments. And as the lawful authority with jurisdiction over that territory, the Macedonian Government is the only institution that can ensure that the census is conducted correctly, as opposed to observing the census being undertaken fraudulently as various international organisations are limited to. The PR, in relation to the Macedonian census, should have been directed at the Macedonian Government, much like criticism was directed at the Albanian Government for its own census.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Overall I think it is a solid PR, but I too agree with the suggestion that condemnation should also be aimed at the Macedonian government. They are responsible for the current conditions and they are in the position to ensure the census is valid and effective. Their actions need to be criticised by more Macedonians.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

This is what happens when you get into bed with dogs (joint governing with albanian party) you always wake up with fleas! There needs to be an idealogiclly sound political party/movement in Macedonia which is not afraid to stand up on the local and international stage and refuse to tolerate the injustices being perpetrated on the Macedonian people - such as this debacle of a census!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

IF everyone was treated like a normal ctizen then all this census fraud would not be needed to be petrtrated.THe govt should look at itself & see what it's trying to achieve more surrender of their soveregnity to the albanians.We are constantly being disrespected.If we value our rights as macedonians then we should make them known.to the albanians that the govt should stop lying to its citizens one law for all & change the constitution to prevent that what's happening at every election that is a shorfall of deputies filled by the albanians.If albanians behave themselves they should be treated no more & no less than any other macedonian citizen.Otherwise the boot is on the shoe.
                        Last edited by George S.; 10-08-2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: edit
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• AMHRC
                          De-registered
                          • Sep 2009

AMHRC Review no.8 - just released

AMHRC Review no.8 October 2011

Please click the link for a download option: http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/wip/i...=107&Itemid=99

*Snapshot Diary of our tour around Australia – George Vlahov
                          *Editorial – George Vlahov
                          *Good Things – Eftim Mitrevski
                          *Interview with Artist Robert Mihajlovski – John Tsiglev
                          *To Mr. Ferri – Dr. Chris Popov
                          *To the United Nations – Ivan Hristovski
                          *In Review: “The Sirdar” – Dr. Michael Seraphinoff
                          *The AMHRC Expresses thanks to Western Australian MP John Hyde
                          *MHRMI Complaint against Canadian MP on CBC News
                          *OMO, AMHRC and MHRMI Condemn Bulgarian Census “Results”
                          *MHRMI and the AMHRC Denounce Clinton
                          *Welcome Visit to Bulgaria of UN Minority Rights Expert
                          *In Review: the Poetry of Dushan Ristevski
                          *Towards a Partial Reading of Dushan Ristevski’s Stolen Thoughts – Jim Thomev
                          *Ilinden in Ofchareni, Aegean Macedonia – Dimitri Jovanov
                          *The BBS Channel 5 Interview with Aristotle – Jim Thomev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Thanks AMHRC, look forward to reading it.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Great work AMHRC...

Is Maria Vamvakinou MP, a member of the Australian Federal Parliamentary Committee on human rights or was she there as an observer, interesting that she walked out early, maybe she had a bad souvlaki the night before...?

Comment

• AMHRC
                                De-registered
                                • Sep 2009

Thanks Phoenix and yes she is apparently on the committee; lol it's possible it was bad food, we don't really know...

Comment

Working...
                                X