Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIMO
    • Apr 2010

cato, explain to me where jim thomev was in the 70's when the real patriots were protesting infront of greek, bulgarian and yugoslav consulates in canberra. They were the real patriots in the hardest times to be macedonian. Jim thomev was petraying macedonians as slavs and his a patriot.
    OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

• DIMO
      • Apr 2010

what im posting about jim thomev is nothing personal, its the truth and this is the macedonian truth forum.
      OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Indigen, Its hard to please you these days :-)

Who do you support now for that past 15 years?
        P, we all go through phases and I guess I might have acted back in 92-94 like the current DPMNE partiski vojnici but so many let downs over the years have made me distrust ALL politicians from 2001/2 onwards. My last support phase was for VMRO (Vistinska) formed by Zmejko and Co back in 2000 but they did not amount to much. Zmejko became a deputy defense minister and sat there like a duduk for the duration of 2001. Bro, everyone is a ramkovist these days and I just can not swallow that ramkovno apche. :-)

To the grave I will go an anti-ramkovist,
        I.

Comment

• AMHRC
          De-registered
          • Sep 2009

Dear members of MTO,

Just a friendly reminder that we are still seeking applicants to participate in this momentous legal action and that the application process will remain open until September this year. Please, if you are familiar with people who fit the frame, encourage them to contact either the AMHRC or MHRMI.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Individuals who reside in Australia are advised to contact the
          Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee
          Tel: +61 3 9329 8960 or email: [email protected]

Individuals in Canada/North America are advised to contact the
          Macedonian Human Rights Movement International
          Tel: +1 416-850-7125 or email: [email protected]
          Last edited by AMHRC; 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Very good point.
            AMHRC, can your legal team please confirm for the benefit of our readers if any rights may possibly extend to the children of any now deceased potential litigants?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• AMHRC
              De-registered
              • Sep 2009

Risto,

A very pertinent question. The answer in short, is yes. For example, recently one applicant, in a sensible matter of fact way, posed the following question to us: "I am an old man, what if I die before the final decision is given in seven years time?" In that case, the benefits of a favourable ruling at the ECHR would be passed on to his offspring.

It is also possible for the descendants of already deceased exiles unjustly stripped of their property and citizenship via the 1953 decrees, to participate. Though there are exceptions and the best to way to find out if one is eligible, is to contact AMHRC/MHRMI.

Regards,

AMHRC.
              Last edited by AMHRC; 05-27-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

AMHRC,

This may be something you guy's have already answered, but I'm wondering how 'enforcable' the decisions of the ECHR are, seeing as Bulgaria and Greece have ignored them in the past?
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• AMHRC
                  De-registered
                  • Sep 2009

Vangelovski,

That also is a very pertinent question. You are correct, we have answered it before (), and so we shall reproduce that answer here.

The findings of the ECtHR are generally binding (unlike the U.N. committees; and it should also be noted that the ICJ, only hears cases on a state against state basis) - and always so when it comes to financial compensation. In 2005, the ECtHR famously (in the Macedonian world) found in favour of Vinozhito against the state of Greece (on damage that was done to Vinozhito's Lerin office). Greece was compelled by the ECtHR to pay Vinozhito 35,000 Euros in compensation (the value of the material damage was only 2,000 - the other 33,000 was decided by the ECtHR as a just additional amount for 'moral' compensation etc.). On the restoration of citizenship aspect, the only way Greece could escape a favourable ruling by the ECtHR for our applicants, is by then changing its own citizenship laws. Theoretically possible, however it would be difficult for Greece to implement, as it would necessarily have an adverse affect on many Greek citizens not residing in Greece.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Excellent news.
                    Thank you for the prompt response.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

AMHRC, There are over 8000 cases registered in Stari Kraj, are you working together with the Macedonian Authorities there who are also putting in a similar class action??

Also Vangelovski asks a legitimate question because if we go through all this trouble and in the end Greece and Bulgaria can simply ignore the rulings or even if they do pay a few small costs its a victory to them whichever way we see it.

The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolaj Mladenov openly stated that no minorities exist in Bulgaria.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• AMHRC
                        De-registered
                        • Sep 2009

Prolet,

We agree that Vangelovski's question is a good one. We said so and we answered it. If the ECHR rules in favour of the applicants, it is very unlikely that the financial remedies will be "small". In fact it is probable they will be quite substantial.

On the other matter you raise, we need to stress that there is only ONE legal action. This is the one. There are three organisations involved. They are AMHRC/MHRMI and a steering committee based in Skopje, made up of the various Detsa Begaltsi organisations in the Republic of Macedonia. The AMHRC's International Coordinator in Skopje, is also a member of that steering committee. This Detsa Begaltsi steering committee, is organising the application process in Macedonia.

We repeat, there are no other legal actions. It is all one very momentous action that we have spent over two years preparing.

Regards,

AMHRC.
                        Last edited by AMHRC; 05-28-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• AMHRC
                          De-registered
                          • Sep 2009

Reproducing these important announcements from the previous page:

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                          Dear members of MTO,

Just a friendly reminder that we are still seeking applicants to participate in this momentous legal action and that the application process will remain open until September this year. Please, if you are familiar with people who fit the frame, encourage them to contact either the AMHRC or MHRMI.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Individuals who reside in Australia are advised to contact the
                          Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee
                          Tel: +61 3 9329 8960 or email: [email protected]

Individuals in Canada/North America are advised to contact the
                          Macedonian Human Rights Movement International
                          Tel: +1 416-850-7125 or email: [email protected]
                          Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Very good point.
                          AMHRC, can your legal team please confirm for the benefit of our readers if any rights may possibly extend to the children of any now deceased potential litigants?
                          Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                          Risto,

A very pertinent question. The answer in short, is yes. For example, recently one applicant, in a sensible matter of fact way, posed the following question to us: "I am an old man, what if I die before the final decision is given in seven years time?" In that case, the benefits of a favourable ruling at the ECHR would be passed on to his offspring.

It is also possible for the descendants of already deceased exiles unjustly stripped of their property and citizenship via the 1953 decrees, to participate. Though there are exceptions and the best to way to find out if one is eligible, is to contact AMHRC/MHRMI.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

AMHRC, We are talking about tens of Billions of euros worth of property here, can we honestly expect the Greek Government to respect the verdict especially now when they are close to bankruptcy?

Also another point, the president of the decata begalci Gjorgjija Donevski said that he would also participate in this law suit.
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• AMHRC
                              De-registered
                              • Sep 2009

Prolet,

For the second and LAST time, the answer is yes. We have no reason to assume otherwise.

AMHRC.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Any progress and/or feedback since the first publication?
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X