Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Kostoff, the UMD apologist? I believe he made a distinction between "Slav" Macedonians and "Greek" Macedonians.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

indigen how old are you.

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        indigen how old are you.
        Is this a put down or just a silly question?

Comment

• Cato
          • May 2010

AMHRC Summer Review 2010

It is good to see there are people who appreciate and support the work of the AMHRC.

It is rather amusing to note Indigen, Prolet and Dimo are still in the great Macedonian tradition of "if some one doesn't think like me in all respects he is worthless". This is a loser's mentality and it makes progress difficult. Incidentally, the SBS Vox Populi program referred to, tried to blacken our community as much as it could and was screeend in 1988 not long after the first historical demonstration in Melbourne by the Macedonians in February. A sensible discussion should give the relevant background.

One would have thought if our three friends were really interested in promoting the Maceonian cause they would not just be waiting around for other Macedonians to express a view they don't agree with so they could jump on them. It seems an odd way to be making a contribution. They should participate constructively not just sneer on the sidelines.

As for the views expressed by Jim Thomev, I think if you want to point out his flaws (he would, from what I know of him, admit to them) you should present exact quotes, in context and always give a clear demonstration with specific examples what harm his views did . In my understanding of it, he said no more on Vox Populi (and what was then the 7:30 Report on the ABC) than what Professor Victor Friedman said in his recent visit to Melbourne. Professor Friedman has been proclaimed a hero, and rightly so because he is a brilliant linguist on side with the Macedonians.

My advice would be for our three friends to become genuinely critical not remain naive,. It is hopelessly naive to read the article by Jim Thomev included in this thread and consider the only thing that is vaguely interesting about his views is something he may or may not have said 22 years ago.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Cato, Whats your opinion of Jim Thomev?
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

i will give you my opinion of jim thomev he is a deeply committed patriot and worked for his community establishing many organisations. he inspired and involved many young people to become active in the macedonian community.

i like respect and admire him.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

I cant disagree with you there Osiris

In my opinion Aco Taleski is a bigger patriot, i like the fact that he is not afraid to have a go at our neighbors around us especially the Bulgarians. If anybody listened to his interview on the 3zzz program it will make us all feel like proud Macedonians.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

prolet bigger or smaller its a matter of opinion. aco is a patriot too and a good freind of mine so is thomev. i dont measure patriotism i dont know how too. but i am very pissed off with people who critisze people for what they may have said or believed in the past we can all make mistakes and i dare anyone one here who reckons they havent ever made the wrong call to actually tell me what they have done so i can judge them like they judge other public activists.
                  cato is right we love to beat our chests and blow lost of hot wind all over the place especially if its critical of other macedonians.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

I agree Osiris

Now its different we have the technology the research to find things and all sorts of information where as during the 80s when we where still under YU era and it was even banned to talk about these things to begin with. So we shouldnt blame Jim Thomev for some of his past remarks.

Osiris, Why was Thomev away for so long? He lead the name protests in 1994 where we had so many people there.
                    Last edited by Prolet; 05-27-2010, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

i cant speak for thomev prolet i dont know why he has become inactive.

Comment

• indigen
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                        I agree Osiris

Now its different we have the technology the research to find things and all sorts of information where as during the 80s when we where still under YU era and it was even banned to talk about these things to begin with. So we shouldnt blame Jim Thomev for some of his past remarks.

Osiris, Why was Thomev away for so long? He lead the name protests in 1994 where were had so many people there.
                        P., you are talking gibberish yet again! :-)

JT lived and operated in Au and had access to a lot of information, as much as Panko Stamkoski, amongst others, and there is no excuse for propagating the "Slav" ethnogenesis of Macedonians except to say that it was in line with the Yugo-Macedonian establishment. In fact AMW, as far I can see, was set up in direct political/ideological opposition to Panko's "Makedonija" weekly, which first appeared in 1982.

Cato, the editor in question, IMO, committed a sin in writing an editorial (which is only in memory recollection now and I can not quote you passages, though with some research effort it may be possible.) was advocating preservation of Yugoslav federation, in line with SKM-PDP policy at the time, and opposing Macedonian independence push by VMRO-DPMNE. I had been a regular reader of this weekly for several years at the time and that editorial came as a shock to me. Not long after the weekly was sold off due to financial difficulties.
                        Last edited by indigen; 05-27-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

amw was not set up in opposition to anyone indigen.

where you ever a supporter of gerogievski

Comment

• indigen
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                            amw was not set up in opposition to anyone indigen.
                            I would not bet my life on that if I were you!

where you ever a supporter of gerogievski
                            I don't go for cult of personality worship ("support") as some have, and still do, with the likes of Tito, Gligorov ("mudriot lisec"), Georgiveski ("Lupcho Vojvodata"), Boshkovski ("Brat Ljube") and now Gruevski ("xxxx"). But I did support the national program of VMRO-DPMNE up to 1995, i.e. my support ended after the 1995 party congress abandoned the national agenda and set its course on the politics of "pragma" (read getting into power at the expense of Macedonian national interests) and L.G. openly published his Bugaroman view of Macedonian history and ethnogenesis in his two articles in "PULS" titled "Koj so kogo kje se pomiruva".)
                            Last edited by indigen; 05-28-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Indigen, Its hard to please you these days :-)

Who do you support now for that past 15 years?

Comment

• DIMO
                                • Apr 2010

cato, if you think jim thomev is a patriot, you got no clue of macedonian activists and true macedonian organisations in melbourne
                                OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

Working...
                                X