Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Zoomer, here is another example of great work, this time by AMHRC partner MHRMI together with United Macedonians Organization of Canada (UM)

MHRMI and United Macedonians Contribute to Canadian Museum for Human Rights
    17 December, 2009

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) - Press Release

Toronto, Canada - Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) and the United Macedonians Organization of Canada (UM) participated at the December 1, 2009 roundtable discussion organized by the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. The goal of this meeting was to help develop content and exhibits for the new Museum, due to open in Winnipeg in 2012.

MHRMI and UM contributed numerous examples of oppression against Macedonians, both past and present. A focus was put on current human rights abuses against ethnic Macedonians by Greece and Bulgaria, in an attempt to raise international attention and according to the Museum's mandate, inspire a commitment to "taking action against hate and oppression".

MHRMI and UM specifically asked that:

1. Current and lesser known human rights abuses be highlighted
    2. So-called "Western nations" be exposed for abusing their minorities' rights
    3. Countries who are signatories to international human rights treaties be forced to abide by them.
    RAINBOW is the political organization of the Macedonian ethnic minority living within the boundaries of the Greek state, and engaged in the country's domestic political scene

What a great idea to creat awareness
    What do you think zoomer? awareness is the first step. Then comes results.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Grotius
      • Dec 2009

"AMHRC, I think you personally should come in Aegeaska and spend some time here that’s what you need to do first. Then and only then you will get your answer.
      And stop beating a dead Hors!"

Zoomer,

The AMHRC already told us that they have a person based in Skopje that travels to Egej frequently, moreover, a lot of their committee members do in fact travel there every year. It seems that you don't really know what you are talking about. You also seem to ignore everything that has just been put to you in terms of successes. But what I find most disturbing is that you seem to want the Macedonians in Egej to fail, you seem to want to take some perverted pleasure in seeing Vinozito fail!? This just proves that your motivation is purely based on some personal animosity - and that's being kind.

Comment

• vodenka
        • Mar 2009

It is about 15 years now that I read and hear about the huge successes of Vinozhito party, in Brussels. All big successes on paper. What about on the ground? Do you know that few days ago a Macedonian association during an official event it organized and financed by the city municipality, was prohibited to sing Macedonian songs in public? Our people are allowed to sing only in private parties or in panigyrs after the greek officials leave the place. No Macedonian cultural association is allowed to sing in official presentations while the Macedonian dancing groups are performing. We are in the same exact situation of 30 years ago! So, the Vinozhito success did not change our situation at all!
        As about Voskopoulos court winning case, this is ridicules! Before him a Vlach activist managed to win a similar case, several years ago. After all, the favorable court decision is against Vinozhito party denunciations that in Greece Macedonians are discriminated! AND WE ALL NOW THAT WE ARE DISCRIMINATED, when we are not even recognized as a nation!
        As about the AMRHC coordinator, we do not know who he is and he never asked about our NGO, in Voden and our work. So, it is not us who do not want collaboration but we are been just ignored, because Vinozhito prefers to present us as “its secret branches”.
        We have started something here, one year ago, and we have our connections and help from many sides and we are open to everyone. Vinozhito instead of helping, they continue to attack us and present our work as theirs. Now they want to make a cultural foundation with the name of K.P. Misirkov: what happened to the cultural association “Macedonian Cultural Home”? They got 2.000.000.dracmas by the greek state as damage when they won the case in the European courts and after that, nothing! They got 34.000 € in the same way for the Vinozhito office damages by the greek fascists. They got lots of money from the Diaspora and especially big amount to buy a radio station in Lerin and again NOTHING happened. How do you think our people here feel about Vinozhito and its “activities”?
        AMHRC, tell your coordinator that we are here in Voden, waiting to meet him and to show him our language classes and the work we are doing, not on “paper” but with people!
        We do not wish Vinozhito to fail, but Vinozhito leadership has already FAILED!
        As about the Voden office, it is a personal investiment of one of the political secretariat member who bought an appartment here and it is closed all the time. The only thing we Vodenci can see is the sign on the balcony.
        Last edited by vodenka; 02-15-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• vodenka
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
          its true she has a handfull of students, is that wonderful.

i agree with you there is no harm in having many pro maacedonian orgnaisations in egei. but should they let their personal ego become the main focus and reason for invlovement or should it be the cause.

i do have some background knowledge on the relatiosnship between vodenka and vinozhito and its not a pretty tale and not one i would like to make public on this forum.
          Osiris, you have a background knowledge on the relationship between me and Vinozhito, but you never asked me to tell you my side of the story! I wonder how you came to know about my personal relations with the party, so far in Australia, in the first place. So, I am the one who attacks people and organizations, correct?

Comment

• AMHRC
            De-registered
            • Sep 2009

Vodenka,

We are not interested in your attacks against Vinozhito or your attempts to undermine them. Our partners, MHRMI, as we already mentioned, offered support for your organisation. Your friend, Zoomer, not only rejected this offer, he was abusive in the process.

Our co-ordinator has not approached you because he knows what you want. That is for us to stop supporting Vinozhito. We are prepared to work with all positive forces on the ground in Egej, unfortunately you are not prepared to do that. And yes there is a Vinozhito branch in Solun.

Your negative attitude as highlighted in your response, even towards Pavle's recent court victory is really disturbing.

That is all we have to say.

AMHRC.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

i am happy for you to tell me your story vodenka. but in private i dont think posting it on a forum serves any purpose.
              Last edited by osiris; 02-15-2010, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• vodenka
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                Vodenka,

We are not interested in your attacks against Vinozhito or your attempts to undermine them. Our partners, MHRMI, as we already mentioned, offered support for your organisation. Your friend, Zoomer, not only rejected this offer, he was abusive in the process.

Our co-ordinator has not approached you because he knows what you want. That is for us to stop supporting Vinozhito. We are prepared to work with all positive forces on the ground in Egej, unfortunately you are not prepared to do that. And yes there is a Vinozhito branch in Solun.

Your negative attitude as highlighted in your response, even towards Pavle's recent court victory is really disturbing.

That is all we have to say.

AMHRC.
                I will not risk to ruin my reputation with our people and other organizations by associating my activities with those of Vinozhito' s members. I did not ask your financial help as you never offered it without involvig Vinozhito, as well. The only think I asked was to make clear to the Macedonians in the Diaspora that the languages classes from the Misirkov foundation do not exist, yet . People has a right to know were the money of donations go. NOW IT IS CLEAR IT WILL NOT GO FOR OUR LANGUAGE CLASSES BUT ONCE AGAIN ONLY TO THE VINOZHITO LEADERSHIP.
                Thanks for nothing and good luck with your fundraising.

PS Voskopoulos Court decision in his favour on personal matters means nothing to our cause.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

nearly 16 people coming george

Comment

• AMHRC
                    De-registered
                    • Sep 2009

Osiris,

We are ahead of you, it has actually gone up to 20 people and you may soon need a third table.

Cheers,

AMHRC.

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

That's brilliant! Osiris, just saw your question. Put me on the MTO table

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

great rogi

Comment

• AMHRC
                          De-registered
                          • Sep 2009

AMHRC hosts Melbourne Premiere of "... a name is a name"

The AMHRC is proud to present

Well, for me, being a Macedonian is a great honor. I am proud of that honor just like my fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers, and I wish it to be inherited in the future. We are, however, Macedonians, and nobody - nobody - can change that in our lives.
                          Ljuben Mitrevski, fisherman, Trpejca, Ohrid

... a name is a name

A FILM ABOUT A NATION HELD HOSTAGE BECAUSE OF ITS NAME

Melbourne Premiere, Forum II Theatre - March 4, at 8.15pm
                          Tickets on sale SOON!

With Macedonia wishes to acknowledge our Melbourne premiere Hosts: The AUSTRALIAN MACEDONIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE Inc.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Fantastic to see this movie being screened in Melbourne! Can't wait to see it!

Every Macedonian in Melbourne should go an watch this movie and get all their friends to come along too!

The Director & Producer will also be there to answer any questions, that is great value!

Absolutely fantastic!

----
                            Mods/Admins, please make this topic a Sticky.
                            Last edited by Rogi; 02-16-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

I've been whaiting for this, a long time. Fantastic news, thanks AMHRC for bringing it to our attention. I am sure you will post the date when the tickets will be on sale once you have that info.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

amhrc is this movie intelligable to english speakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X