Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoomer
    • Feb 2010

Can any of you tell me about this Human Rights activist form Greece, Dimitris Ioannou? What are some of his activities as an activist in Greece? Who does he represent?

Thanks

Comment

• AMHRC
      De-registered
      • Sep 2009

Zoomer,

Dimitri has been active for some years now, in particular as a member of the Secretariat of Vinozhito. If you saw the footage of the opening of Vinozhito's office in Voden, you would have seen Dimitri. However, he is coming to Australia as a representative of the recently formed Misirkov Foundation in order to tell us about a newspaper that the Foundation is going to launch, promoting the Macedonian perspective (as mentioned in this thread already). He will also tell us about some of the other planned activities of the Misirkov Foundation. Many of our members gained the opportunity to meet Dimtri last year, when he was our special guest at our annual dinner and were favorably impressed.

Regards,

AMHRC.
      Last edited by AMHRC; 02-14-2010, 01:56 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

AMHRC, According to one NGO activist the Krste Petkov Misirkov Foundation is only registered on paper and nothing more, technically it doesnt exist. Do you know anymore about this?
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          AMHRC, According to one NGO activist the Krste Petkov Misirkov Foundation is only registered on paper and nothing more, technically it doesnt exist. Do you know anymore about this?
          That's a pretty big statement you've just made Prolet, care to elaborate on who this "NGO activist" is...and what does "technically it doesn't exist" mean...if they're officially registered, technically they do exist...I hope you're not stirring up trouble Prolet...c'mon, out with the name of this "NGO activist", give the AMHRC a little bit more respect than that...

Comment

• AMHRC
            De-registered
            • Sep 2009

Prolet,

The members of the Misirkov Foundation are in process of attempting to register the Foundation. There is a possibility of course that the Greek authorities will refuse to register the body and that then it might proceed to the courts. This is not going to prevent us from working with the Foundation - so long as it continues to attempt to fulfill its goals. We co-operated with Vinozhito, all through the period when the Greek authorities were also refusing to register it. We work right now, with OMO "Ilinden" Pirin, even though the Bulgarian authorities are still refusing to register this party. These are the hurdles that Greek and Bulgarian authorities continually present; we shall not let Greek and Bulgarian discrimination prevent us from co-operating with these courageous human rights activists in Egej and Pirin.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Phoenix, Its not a big statement at all its been made very public in another forum.

Does this ring any bells?

You people do not want to see and understand what is going on with Vinozhito! The other groups do not have any problem about the existence of Vinozhito but is the party that has HUGE problem with the existence of other activists groups or individuals. They are fighting us at every occasion, here. Example? They announced the Krste Misirkov foundation in Voden, because here is the new associations head office. WHY? It would have been much better if this new foundation was done in Solun, for example! Why they always trying (and many time they succeed) to destroy every other's activity or exploit it, but they NEVER try to collaborate with other activists in Egejska.? This time we will not allow Vinozhito to silence us. We are here to stay and we do not care what they do in Brussels or anywhere abroad. We are dissociating our activities from theirs as we do not want to "gain" their bad fame they have among our people. And of course we will continue to denounce their wrong doings as party representing the Macedonians.
              The Diaspora of course can support any organization or individuals they think are helpful to our cause, but they should not put us together or present our work as "common" because it is not.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

AMHRC, There are alot of gray areas about this foundation, all we heard was an office that was opened in Voden this was months ago, since then we havnt heard anything. Perhaps you might know a bit more about it.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Phoenix, Its not a big statement at all its been made very public in another forum.

Does this ring any bells?
                  Sorry Prolet, I haven't seen that before but I'll ask you again...who are you quoting?

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Phoenix, Sure here is the link you can see for yourself

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Phoenix, Sure here is the link you can see for yourself

http://www.maknews.com/forum/general...re-t18431.html
                      Prolet, name names.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Phoenix, Ne sum kodosh sorry

Grkomanite gledaat remember??

Phoenix, What more do you know about the Krste Petkov Misirkov Foundation??

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Phoenix, Ne sum kodosh sorry

Grkomanite gledaat remember??

Phoenix, What more do you know about the Krste Petkov Misirkov Foundation??
                          Prolet, all I know about the KPMF is what I read here on the forum, the AMHRC are good enough to fill us in with enough information on a regular basis, most other things are rumours or mud slinging ...you just need to understand where you sit, throwing the mud or listening to the press releases...I don't understand why you're quoting people but not providing a reference to that quote, for me that's shit stirring...

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

How am i throwing mud?? The reality is that we hear very little from Vinozito, nobody from Vinozito communicates in forums and nobody from Vinozito even respond to anything. If you really want to know and i would only be stating the obvious, be sure to PM me even though the answer is right there on the link i gave you, how many other NGO activists do you know that post there??

Phoenix, Here is a question for you, why did they open the Krste Petkov Misirkov foundation in Voden and not Solun?

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

How am i throwing mud?? The reality is that we hear very little from Vinozito, nobody from Vinozito communicates in forums and nobody from Vinozito even respond to anything. If you really want to know and i would only be stating the obvious, be sure to PM me even though the answer is right there on the link i gave you, how many other NGO activists do you know that post there??

Phoenix, Here is a question for you, why did they open the Krste Petkov Misirkov foundation in Voden and not Solun?
                              Prolet, I don't know the reason...my guess is that Voden represents a geographical area of Egejska that still has a strong Macedonian character, sho kur bara vo solun so prosfygite...

My strategy would be to consolidate our centres of strength and from there we expand outward...imagine dropping a stone in the middle of a lake and its concentric ripple growing outward from that initial impact zone...

Comment

• Grotius
                                • Dec 2009

Prolet,

I'm sure the first thing that Vinozito think about is to tell Prolet what they might be organising or the stratgey they might be employing!?! The question is does Prolet support Vinozito and the Misirkov Foundation? You know who they are, well?

Comment

Working...
                                X