• Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Имаше една прилично интересна од лани на Таратур.цом, имено гласеше:

Дали пак би гласале за ВМРО ДПМНЕ, доколку се согласи на ’северно име’

НЕ - 62% (1315 гласови)

ДА- 24% (511 гласови)

ЗАВИСИ - 14% (285 гласови)

Вкупно гласови: 2111
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

It is extremely common for Diaspora groups to register discord with citizens of the mother country on matters pertaining to their homeland. The unfortunate aspect is that Macedonians in the Diaspora have to do it on fundamental matters such as the name of the country. If 25% or 49% of Macedonia's population are potentially convinced a new name could be ok, then Julie is closer to correct than many Macedonians care to admit.

We in the Diaspora should be arguing about how much foreign investment should be let in, or what kind of architecture should be employed in Tetovo. Not the name and identity of our people.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Frank
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

Sadly this is very likley a proposal our countrymen would agree too I don't doubt it.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Frank, Here is something worth looking at, 75% of the people want to join the EU only as Macedonians. While 10% dont want to join all together.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• indigen
            • May 2009

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
            Indigen, can you tell the difference between a State and a Nation?
            What has that got to do with the price of bread, i.e. the issue of your using inappropriate and demeaning terminology such as "constitutional name" and claiming that it was "chosen by a referendum" (which it certainly was NOT!)?

Vodenka, we (i.e. most regular MTO forum posters) have been over this topic for a long while now and even Prolet (after SOM set him straight here, as he would not listen to me) is PC about it. Macedonia has a State name only - MACEDONIA!

Please check the following specific thread out:
            A Google search for terms "Constitutional name" only relates to Macedonia?

If you feel we need to discuss it further, perhaps you can reactivate the specific thread above?

So pochit,
            I.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

why hope for starting negotations.????
              negotiations are suicide for RoM
              what the hell is wrong with everybody???
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• vodenka
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                What has that got to do with the price of bread, i.e. the issue of your using inappropriate and demeaning terminology such as "constitutional name" and claiming that it was "chosen by a referendum" (which it certainly was NOT!)?

Vodenka, we (i.e. most regular MTO forum posters) have been over this topic for a long while now and even Prolet (after SOM set him straight here, as he would not listen to me) is PC about it. Macedonia has a State name only - MACEDONIA!

Please check the following specific thread out:
                A Google search for terms "Constitutional name" only relates to Macedonia?

If you feel we need to discuss it further, perhaps you can reactivate the specific thread above?

So pochit,
                I.
                If Greece decided to change the name of its northern province from Macedonia to Northern greece or any other name (New Pontos, may be?) will I stop calling my homeland Macedonia and will I stop belonging to Macedonian NATION? What the Macedonian State has to do is to defend our NATIONAL name and not just the state constitutional name. Do not forget that Bulgaria has regognized Republic of Macedonia with its constitutional name but not the macedonian nation: they still claim that Macedonian citizens and all those who self-define as Macedonians are in fact Bulgarians. So, please, be very carefull when you limit our name to the Republic of Macedonia and its name! Our National name is at stake here! So, it is not only the Republic's name, it is the name of our nation that has to be recognized, internationally

Comment

• Mastika
                  • Feb 2010

If the country agrees to this then what will be left? If VMRO-DPMNE is seriously pursuing this artificial name then I hope they are removed from office.

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Mastika, its suicide to put it kindly. On all fronts. Our identity, sovereignty , we lose.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                      Mastika, its suicide to put it kindly. On all fronts. Our identity, sovereignty , we lose.
                      I agree, the name "Independant Republic of Macedonia - (Vardar)" is both embarrasing and an insult to the people who have fought and died for a free Macedonia. I hope that it is just another piece of misinformation, and that the government is not considering such a provocation.

I believe that if we just wait this whole situation out, then we will eventually win. People just need to have a little more patience, the Greeks have lost much face over this issue. They will have to back down eventually. We will win the name dispute.

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Mastika, with Gods help, I hope so. But doubt it , the referendum is the worry.
                        Ima mnogu shiptari vo RoM shto se protiv imeto za da grabnat zemja.

Comment

• Mastika
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                          Mastika, with Gods help, I hope so. But doubt it , the referendum is the worry.
                          Ima mnogu shiptari vo RoM shto se protiv imeto za da grabnat zemja.
                          We are our own worst enemy, there will be budali who will vote for the name change. If it were to go to referendum though, I think it would be rejected.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Mastika, I hear you and that is a concern. The citizens in RoM have quite strong anti-diaspora feelings and am not sure which political party is promoting this. They are brainwashing them and manipulating them and creating a feeling of apathy and promoting this as the be all and end all for RoM instead of concentrating on building infrastucture to create jobs and promote to private outside investors, to assist the economy, we have the president photographed pissed as a fart high as a kite in a toilet?
                            These are the leaders of RoM. May God help Macedonia

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                              We are our own worst enemy,
                              And you can talk
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Mastika
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                                And you can talk
                                I would never vote for a name change. The sooner you realise that Macedonians exist who do not blindly adhere to your alternative reality, the better off you will be.

Julie, I think it also has to do with a generational issue. Many older people who worked overseas in the 60s and 70s but returned to Macedonia are greatful of the opportunity they received, that they were able to work, save up money for their families and to build new houses for themselves and their children. These people know, from personal experience, that us in the disapora work just as hard as those in Macedonia to earn a living. Many of those with anti-diaspora feelings have never left Macedonia and think that in the West we merely sit around amassing money. This is due to partly to those who return to Macedonia merely to flaunt their wealth, but also to those typical simpletons who have no comprehension about what life is really like in Australia, America etc.
                                Last edited by Mastika; 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X