X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Truth Bearer View Post
    What are you talking about RTG??We had 2 languages the Katharevousa and the Demotic.The Demotic language eventually won out.
    Yes, it won out, about 30 years ago, and you have had independence for almost near 200 years. On the ball you Greeks are, judging by your posts here you must be Greek.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

You see it seems both of you are quick to jump the gun.Read carefully what I wrote

That is incorrect Daskalot there is no such written language called "Romeika"......

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I quoted exactly what you said at post #66 in this thread.
        Here it is:
        Daskalot no offence but yr over yr head here mate...Romeika isn't a language.
        Feel free to edit it to suit your requirements now.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Truth Bearer
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Go to post no# 60 RTG that's when I referred it as written....
          Last edited by Truth Bearer; 09-07-2008, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Oh, should I disregard some of your posts or all of them?
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Go to post#72 to realise that the written tongue was referred to as Romeika.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

I was speaking to him and since we both were answering to each other I just assumed he or would follow the debate from the start.I don't have to consistently write the same line when I've already referred to in an earlier post.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

You are talking out of your ass and have run out of excuses to justify your worthless line of parroting. This is usually what happens when you spend your time lying.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Now I'm lying??How did you work that one out sir?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Ok, this will be the last time I or anybody else will have to repeat themselves to you, and then you are gone. If you give us anymore idiotic remarks, you are gone.

Danail of Moschopolis in his four language dictionary termed the written language as ROMEIKA. This proves you are lying and your claims are false.

Run another circle, I dare you to..........

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Ok according to Britanica Romaic language is what we call Demotic.

Demotic Greek language
                        also called Romaic , Greek Demotiki ,
                        or Romaiki
                        a modern vernacular of Greece. In modern times it has been the standard spoken language and, by the 20th century, had become almost the sole language of Greek creative literature. In January 1976, by government order, it became the official language of the state, replacing Katharevusa Greek as the language for governmental and legal documents, in the courts and Parliament, in the schools, and in newspapers and other publications. (Katharevusa continued to be used in some legal documents and other technical writings in which there was a large body of established literature.)

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Ok according to Britanica Romaic language is what we call Demotic.

Demotic Greek language
                          also called Romaic , Greek Demotiki ,
                          or Romaiki
                          a modern vernacular of Greece. In modern times it has been the standard spoken language and, by the 20th century, had become almost the sole language of Greek creative literature. In January 1976, by government order, it became the official language of the state, replacing Katharevusa Greek as the language for governmental and legal documents, in the courts and Parliament, in the schools, and in newspapers and other publications. (Katharevusa continued to be used in some legal documents and other technical writings in which there was a large body of established literature.)
                          The definition that you give us is a definition created today and not the way the language was defined when Danil of Moschopolis lived,
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

But the Romaic language was never written........It was the language of the little people wheras katharevousa was the language of the educated the elite.It didn't work becasue like anything else languages evolve we can't speak the same language that Shakespear spoke 500 years ago can we?We'll never be able to understand him.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

katharevousa was the language of the educated the elite.It didn't work becasue like anything else languages evolve we can't speak the same language that Shakespear spoke 500 years ago can we?We'll never be able to understand him.
                              Much less 2000 years ago. Yet no other country tried to do the same thing I believe. Maybe the Jews??? But they will soon forget their Yiddish and consequently, identity.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2008

Yiddish isn't a written language either RTG.

Comment

Working...
                                X