X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

BTW is there an official site with live results?

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Greek Foreign Affairs Ministry (google translation)

Greece is closely following developments in the friendly country of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. He remains committed to the Prespa agreement.

The result of the referendum in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, advisory and not part of the binding terms of the Prespa agreement, is contradictory. Great supremacy of "Yes", but without the corresponding participation. A large part of the neighboring country's society supported the agreement. However, a significant part of it faced it with skepticism. Greece respects the choices of the citizens of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece generally considers that the climate of nationalism and suspicion, daily fake news and extreme fanaticism unfortunately do not allow a sober assessment of the great benefits of the agreement and prevent the necessary mutual understanding of the peoples and the development of cooperation their.

The extreme and aggressive nationalisms in our region, the irresponsibility towards the region's future, the encroachment on stereotypes of irresponsibility, while history must be a school, not a prison, do not give a chance to the region in general.

The need for equal co-operation in the region, the sovereignty of the culture of democratic dialogue, the culture of conciliation and fair compromises is increasing. The objections to the Prespa agreement have proved to be untrue and erroneous.

The next steps require sobriety from all sides without exception, so that the positive potential of the Prespa Agreement can be preserved "

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Based on the results, by electoral area (looking at the demographic profile of that area and the turnout among non-Macedonians in nearby predominantly non-Macedonian areas), only about 300,000 ethnic Macedonians voted, 10% of whom have voted against or had invalid votes.
        Last edited by Rogi; 09-30-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Foreign diplomats are calling it an overwhelming win for the Yes vote.

Despite 70% of the people being against it.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            The bloated voter lists finally came back to bite them in the ass. They got 600,000 voters which is probably close to 50% of actual residents. Most Albanian dominated areas didn't hit 50%. Big questions need to be asked of how many people especially Albanians really live in Macedonia
            ... Waiting for an in-depth analysis on this topic in the coming days and weeks. I brought this up in one of my earlier posts from today.

PS: The voter list is so "accurate" and "reliable" that both T. Xhaferi and B. Crvenkovski did not appear in the voter list and could not vote -
            Претседателот на Собранието, Талат Џафери, им честиташе на граѓаните и на институциите за мирниот одржаниот референдум и рече дека овој ден е празничен. -Граѓаните докажаа дека припаѓаат на нивото на политичка култура од демократски развиените земји, најважно е дека припаѓаме на големото европско
            Last edited by Carlin; 09-30-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Pelagonija
              • Mar 2017

.As small as a victory as it is, all I can say is fark yeah.. fark NATO. But we all know they won’t give up and they will screw us over eventually.

Btw there is not 1.8 million voters in mkd today and where is Zaev to resign as promised?

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                .As small as a victory as it is, all I can say is fark yeah.. fark NATO. But we all know they won’t give up and they will screw us over eventually.

Btw there is not 1.8 million voters in mkd today and where is Zaev to resign as promised?
                Hahn: "consultative referendum"

Comment

• Pelagonija
                  • Mar 2017

Pure evil.

Comment

• Prespa
                    • Sep 2008

Unbelievable these people.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                      • Mar 2017

Next step for Zaev, Call for early elections in order to secure a 2/3 majority, I suspect there will be more bombs, propaganda and arrests.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Personally I'm against boycotts, though the results showed (against all odds) that the boycott tactic not only won but triumphed.

Nevertheless, and regardless of how you interpret non-voting, if you assume that 60-70% of the people do not support the agreement wouldn't it be simpler and more appropriate to go and vote NO?

Lastly, someone should remind some people that the same practice (boycott) was followed by them and their supporters (EU and the West) in the 2004 referendum.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                          • Mar 2017

Aww Zaev not resigning as promised, even claiming golden times are ahead for Mkd in the interview.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

That is semi-official (google translation)

Contact with Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Alexis Tsipras said, after the referendum.

According to government sources, during their communication, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras praised Zoran Zaev for his determination and bravery to continue implementing the agreement.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

No surprise here whatsoever. Any yes is a yes and they have it. It's why I wanted an actual NO. Even if it was in a separate poll. Let's see if the BOYcott turns into a MANcott now.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                                Hahn: "consultative referendum"
                                The Macedonians understood this treachery from the outset. Anyone else who didn't, immediately got the message when the Macedonian president publicly declared his intention not to vote in this gross violation of human rights. Shame on the west for cheating their way through this sorry tale of Goliath versus David's little brother. Only an enemy of Macedonia and Macedonians can construe this kind of YES as a resounding one.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X