Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompir
    • Jan 2015

Greece's PM hails the agreement, but it faces stern opposition from nationalists on both sides.
    Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      With any luck they will be greeted like this on their way back to the shores of Macedonian-controlled Lake Prespa:

More likely this:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        I'm not so sure. They've got rhythm.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Greece's PM hails the agreement, but it faces stern opposition from nationalists on both sides.

Macedonia name dispute: PMs watch as ministers sign 'historic' deal

Greece and Macedonia have signed a deal that aims to settle a decades-long dispute over Macedonia's name. Under the agreement, Greece's neighbour will be known as North Macedonia. Greek PM Alexis Tsipras said it was "a brave, historic and necessary step for our peoples". Heated rows over Macedonia's name have been going on since the break-up of the former Yugoslavia, of which it was a part, and have held up Macedonia's entry to Nato and the EU. Greece has long argued that by using the name Macedonia, its neighbour was implying it had a claim on the northern Greek province also called Macedonia.

The two countries' leaders announced the deal on Tuesday and have pressed ahead despite protests. Mr Tsipras and his Macedonian counterpart Zoran Zaev watched as their foreign ministers signed the deal on Lake Prespa on Greece's northern border on Sunday. The agreement still needs to be approved by both parliaments and by a referendum in Macedonia. Nationalists on both sides say it erodes their identity. On Saturday Mr Tsipras survived a no-confidence vote over the deal amid accusations he made too many concessions.

It looked like the setting for a wedding. A white marquee erected on the banks of a picturesque lake. And indeed, one of the participants was agreeing to change its name. After almost three decades of dispute, the northern neighbour of Greece should soon become North Macedonia. An elderly man in the audience nodded and smiled. This was Matthew Nimetz - the UN mediator who has spent a quarter of a century trying to find a solution acceptable to both countries. He called the prime and foreign ministers "four outstanding leaders" with "political courage, vision and diplomatic skills".

There is still some way to go before the name change becomes official. Macedonia's parliament first needs to back the deal. That would be followed by a referendum in September or October. If voters there support it, the government would have to change the constitution, which is a key Greek demand. Things have been complicated further as Macedonia's President Gjorge Ivanov is refusing to sign the agreement. He has the power to veto the deal - but not indefinitely. If he refuses to sign it, it will be sent back to parliament for a second vote. If it passes again, President Ivanov would then be obliged to approve the legislation. The deal will finally have to be ratified by the Greek parliament, a process which may also not be straightforward.
          May Matthew Nimetz burn in hell alongside those Macedonian traitors.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• kompir
            • Jan 2015

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44511649

There's a part of me that thinks that they will receive their comeuppance, but the rest of me knows they will get away with this treason...

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kompir View Post
              There's a part of me that thinks that they will receive their comeuppance, but the rest of me knows they will get away with this treason...
              You would expect some sort of ramifications after this...I can't imagine it being business as usual from here on end...there has to be some consequence...whether now or in the future.

I think at some point, all concerned on both sides will pay at least a heavy political price (not that it would be a concern for the politicians on our side, they will take their money and run for the hills in Geneva or seek refuge elsewhere)

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Just to be clear, I'm not North Macedonian. Fuck anyone who is.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

I'm trying to get my head around this...... Is the agreement now official?
                  How can a PM have the power to change a constitution?
                  Last edited by Bill77; 06-17-2018, 06:12 AM.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Just to be clear, I'm not North Macedonian. Fuck anyone who is.
                    plus one !
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      I'm trying to get my head around this...... Is the agreement now official?
                      How can a PM have the power to change a constitution?
                      I think there's many hurdles that have to be jumped before this is 'official' in any capacity...at best todays signing event is merely a dog and pony show...but the questions will remain about its legitimacy, I'm sure many will accept a certain inevitability about it and those people in Macedonia will leave it at that and just continue to bemoan their plight or that it is further proof that they're cursed...

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Thanks for your reply Phoenix.

I fear those hurdles will be removed by the EU so its fast tracked. There are many hypocritical examples where Macedonia is its own case in the eyes of the EU and democracy means something else towards Macedonia.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

I thought there where a lot of soulless macedonians in the republic. But looks like there are a lot of spineless betas in Australia it seems. And from 'educated professionals' as well. No doubt trying to look good and climb the corporate ladder lol

Last edited by Big Bad Sven; 06-17-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44511649

They certainly played their part, but really, the Macedonian people have allowed this and are ultimately responsible. They should have hung their entire government when it accepted FYROM and began negotiations back in 1993.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• kompir
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                              I thought there where a lot of soulless macedonians in the republic. But looks like there are a lot of spineless betas in Australia it seems. And from 'educated professionals' as well. No doubt trying to look good and climb the corporate ladder lol

He's a fence sitting PC flog who handed over his balls to his wife a long time ago. "Blokes" like him are what the empire wants to turn all men into; cuckolds with more estrogen than women.

Да му го ебам женчето пред него, смотан човек
                              Last edited by kompir; 06-17-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

From the Macedonian perspective? Moron. Most Macedonians in Australia do not support this treachery.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X