X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    It's clear that today Greece has come out the winner.

While the government agreed to rename the country "Northern Macedonia", Greece is not renaming their region to "Southern Macedonia".

While the Macedonian government agreed to delete from the constitution the reference of Macedonian minorities in neighboring countries, Greece did not change its constitution on Greek minorities in neighboring countries.

While special emphasis will be put on the "Slavic" heritage of the people in Northern Macedonia, there will be no emphasis put on the Pontian heritage of people in Southern Macedonia.

While the Macedonian government agreed to cut all ties with Ancient Macedonia, the Pontians of Southern Macedonia - a people who were settled in the region in 1923 - have now become the direct descendants of Ancient Macedonia's legacy.
    Until it passes through both governments I wouldn’t waste too much energy on these supposed agreements. Two retards agreeing doesn’t mean much. I’m sure the hardline modern grko politician will find a way to block this.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• tchaiku
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
      Yeah I’m sure the other 80% were ethnic “Greek” right?
      I agree but Pontic Greeks get more attention than they should. I once thought half of Macedonia's population were Pontic settlers until I saw the stats

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
        Pontic Greeks were not more than 20% of Macedonia's population after the population exchange.
        Huh??? Even official Greek statistics confirm that settlers made up at least 50% of Aegean Macedonia's population after the 1920s.

Over 600,000 people were settled in Aegean Macedonia in the 1920s.

Comment

• tchaiku
          • Nov 2016

Huh??? Even official Greek statistics confirm that settlers made up at least 50% of Aegean Macedonia's population after the 1920s.

Over 600,000 people were settled in Aegean Macedonia in the 1920s.
          Yes but they were not all Pontians just half of them.

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
            Yes but they were not all Pontians just half of them.
            I tend to call all settlers "Pontians"... it's shorter than calling them the "Pontian-Karamanlidian-Eastern Thracian-Cappadocian-Anatolian-Caucasian settlers"...

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
              Until it passes through both governments I wouldn’t waste too much energy on these supposed agreements. Two retards agreeing doesn’t mean much. I’m sure the hardline modern grko politician will find a way to block this.
              I tend to agree.

Lovely to see you here
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

Comment

• maco2envy
                  • Jan 2015

When is this meant to be ratified by the Macedonian government?

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

I tend to call all settlers "Pontians"... it's shorter than calling them the "Pontian-Karamanlidian-Eastern Thracian-Cappadocian-Anatolian-Caucasian settlers"...
                    Exactly! That's always been my thinking when using the term Pontian. Or, we can just use the term “prosfigi” to simplify things. This is how the Urban Dictionary describes the term prosfig:

1. A Christianized Turk who claims to be a fabricated "greek."
                    2. Someone who is unable to accept that their grandparents were ethnic Turks
                    3. Someone in their 50's who walks around with a plastic Spartan helmet and an aluminum sword yelling "300!" (& Molon Labe - my note)

Their grandparents were part of a population exchange between grease and Turkey where 1.3 million Turks of the "greek" religion were sent to grease and 500 000 (actually over 600,000) "greeks" of the Muslim religion were sent to Turkey.

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Pardon me, I meant to say over 600,000 of those 1.3 million "Greeks" from Turkey were settled in Macedonia. This is undeniable.

Comment

• Carlin
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                        When is this meant to be ratified by the Macedonian government?
                        Next steps are as follows:

Дoговорот ќе биде презентиран пред сите политички фактори, по што ќе следи ратификација во Парламентот. Веднаш потоа, Грција треба да испрати писмо до генералниот секретар на НАТО, со кое ќе го извести дека меѓу двете земји веќе нема спор и дека нема пречки Македонија да добие покана за членство на самитот на 12 јули. Треба да испратат исто писмо и до Европскиот совет, за наше членство во ЕУ. Заев е убеден дека Европскиот совет на самитот на 28-ми јуни ќе донесе одлука за почеток на преговорите со ЕУ.

The agreement will be presented to all political factors, to be followed by ratification in the Parliament. Immediately afterwards, Greece should send a letter to the NATO Secretary General, informing him that there is no dispute between the two countries and that there are no obstacles for Macedonia to receive an invitation to join at the summit on July 12th. They should send the same letter to the European Council, for our EU membership. Zaev is convinced that the European Council at the summit on June 28th will decide on the start of negotiations with the EU.

URL:
                        Last edited by Carlin; 06-12-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• maco2envy
                          • Jan 2015

So pretty soon by the sounds of it. If Ivanov vetoes the agreement then the next reading of the agreement will be pushed after July 11 (I think). Next few weeks will be interesting.

Also is it possible to get more information on the agreed language? Is it true the footnote mentions something about ancient greek heritage? Also is there some sort of footnote with the nationality as well? Or is it just 'Macedonian/Citizen of North Macedonia'?

Comment

• Stojacanec
                            • Dec 2009

Irrespective of the 20% supposed portion of pontic greeks, the population exchange in the 1920s and their relative numbers meant a complete and utter transformation of the Aegean Macedonian region.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              I tend to agree.

Lovely to see you here
                              Thanks rtg. Its been awhile.
                              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I would wipe my arse with Macedonia's Constitution. But surely this is a violation of Macedonia's Constitution.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X