X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
    This whole situation is a fiasco. What amazes me is that the country still manages to function even to the slightest degree. It should have erupted into chaos by now.
    idiotism
    1. the condition of an idiot, especially an extreme degree of mental deficiency, usually a mental age of less than three or four years; idiocy.
    2. idiotic conduct or action, especially in a normal person.

I saw someone use this term (idiotism) the other day. It made me laugh. Then I thought of Macedonia. I suggest we contact Oxford and Webster and add a third definition as follows:

3. the thoughts and actions of a fyromian

Potentially a fourth option:

4. the national ideology of fyrom
    Last edited by Vangelovski; 03-09-2018, 07:17 AM.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

What really hurts is not the piece of garbage who is obviously trying to divide Macedonians from the diaspora, it is the fact that so many Macedonians will believe it. There is a willingness there, a receptiveness to this type of blatant propaganda. They want to believe these kinds of things because it helps reinforce this us against the world mentality that helps them sleep at night.

Actually you would think based on their actions that they lack a sense of pride. The truth is surprisingly the opposite. They are extremely prideful, just totally misguided in that pride. Macedonians are very receptive to any piece of flattering propaganda. Gruevski constantly took advantage of this misguided pride. Despite the country being one of the poorest in the western hemisphere, Macedonians have latched onto countless sensational articles about being #1 at this and #1 at that. I've seen it first hand how eager Macedonians are to prove that they are in fact GREAT, and that anything to the contrary is not true. I see it as a coping mechanism, how ever deluded it might be.

If you don't believe me try this little test. Macedonians are constantly clamoring on about how poor they are. As a diaspora member, go to a Macedonian and say outright that you think they are poor, and that their lives suck and just wait for it. You will be shocked at how great Macedonia and their lives suddenly become simply by reversing the roles a bit.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
        If you don't believe me try this little test. Macedonians are constantly clamoring on about how poor they are. As a diaspora member, go to a Macedonian and say outright that you think they are poor, and that their lives suck and just wait for it. You will be shocked at how great Macedonia and their lives suddenly become simply by reversing the roles a bit.
        I agree, and this is a classic example. I've seen it a million times over.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

It's just human nature. I'm sure that would be the response.

I also whinge about my poverty. Even my butler doesn't have much money!
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            It's just human nature. I'm sure that would be the response.

I also whinge about my poverty. Even my butler doesn't have much money!
            I feel for you Risto...And your Butler too. I, more than anyone else, know what you mean. What people don't realise is, times are tough and we all have to be thrifty with our hard earned money if we want to make it last. We simply can't afford to loosen the purse strings too much...Well, that's what I keep telling my French maid anyway.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I reckon it would more likely be a Filipino maid, but I know what you mean! But it's good to loosen their strings sometimes.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                I reckon it would more likely be a Filipino maid, but I know what you mean! But it's good to loosen their strings sometimes.
                That's probably as far as I want to take this Risto . But you're right, more than likely she would be a Filipino maid.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                  • Oct 2011

The US will remain engaged in helping Macedonia and Greece find a compromise over their name dispute but only they can reach a lasting solution, US Assistant Secretary of State Wess Mitchell said in Skopje.

US Diplomat: Only Athens and Skopje Can Strike Name Deal

The US will remain engaged in helping Macedonia and Greece find a compromise over their name dispute but only they can reach a lasting solution, US Assistant Secretary of State Wess Mitchell said in Skopje

US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Wess Mitchell told journalists in Skopje on Tuesday that the current conditions for reaching a compromise on the long-running name dispute between Macedonia and Greece are “better than they have ever been”.

Mitchell added that “we want to make the best of those opportunities”.

At a joint press conference with Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, the senior US diplomat commended booth Skopje and Athens for their recent steps towards finding a compromise which would unlock Macedonia’s NATO and EU accession bids.

Mitchell said that the US takes a very active interest in resolving the issue, strategically and politically.

“So you will see the US strongly committed throughout this process, you’ll see myself and the administration committed to helping both sides,” he said.

“At the same time, we acknowledge that the only solution that’s going to last is the one that the two parties are going to work out between themselves.” He added.

Prime Minister Zaev said that he believes that Macedonia and Greece “are starting the final phase [of the name talks], which in the end will deliver a dignified solution to this issue”.

The name dispute centres on Greece's insistence that the use of the word Macedonia implies a territorial claim to the northern Greek province of the same name.

Athens insists that a new name must be found that makes a clear distinction between the Greek province and the country.

As a result of the unresolved dispute, Greece blocked Macedonia’s NATO membership in 2008. It has also blocked the start of Macedonia’s EU accession talks, despite several positive annual reports from the European Commission on the country’s progress.

The name talks are expected to resume next week when Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias is expected to visit Macedonia.

Mitchell arrived in Skopje as part of his ongoing tour of the Balkans, which includes Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia and Greece
                  “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Albadonia, here we come.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Greece launches new tourist campaign called "Very Macedonia"

Link: http://verymacedonia.gr/

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                        Greece launches new tourist campaign called "Very Macedonia"

Link: http://verymacedonia.gr/
                        At least the English is broken and quite lame.

I'm sure though we'll hit back with verygorna.go in no time - once the new .go code is available of course.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

"Gornamakedonija" - one word, untranslated, unacceptable for Dimitrov

Link: http://www.dw.com/mk/gornamakedonija...-4721-xml-mrss

Comment

• Niko777
                            • Oct 2010

By that logic, Greece should change the name of it's northern region to "Katomakedhonia"

Comment

• Karposh
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                              "Gornamakedonija" - one word, untranslated, unacceptable for Dimitrov

Link: http://www.dw.com/mk/gornamakedonija...-4721-xml-mrss
                              I can't find the video now but I clicked on one of those suggested YouTube videos recently and it showed some Greek politician attempting to portray a more moderate, almost charitable Greek side. He went on to explain to his Greek audience that every nation needs a sense of identity and that even the poor fyromians need to feel like they belong somewhere. For that reason, he goes on to explain, Greeks should allow them to identify a little with Macedonia.

So there you have it! Who said negotiating ones identity is humiliating and doesn't get results. This is proof that the keepers of the Macedonian name and symbols are starting to soften and will one day allow us to identify as some type of Macedonians.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Blood is thicker than water i suppose

The cordial meeting between the two is expected but sickening nonetheless
                                Last edited by Bill77; 03-23-2018, 07:40 PM.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X