X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchaiku
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    Your first comment is dripping with sarcasm and is very undermining.
    I thought he was being real.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Your first comment is dripping with sarcasm and is very undermining.
      And as for the stupidity of the female who travelled from Melbourne to Athens for the protest, “A Macedonian with Pontian Origins”, I mean how absurd and inane is her comment. And even supposedly if we did not have connections to the Ancient Macedonia of Alexander’s time we certainly have a lot more connection to Macedonia than a “Macedonian with Pontian Origins” whose ancestors were likely transplanted to Macedonia from the Pontus during the population exchanges early last century.
      Actually, I partly mean it. Unlike me, most of these people are fanatics who are totally unaware or even uninterested in the arguments of the other side.

I'm still very busy, l'll be back about Kaprosh post.

Comment

• Spirit
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        Actually, I partly mean it. Unlike me, most of these people are fanatics who are totally unaware or even uninterested in the arguments of the other side.

I'm still very busy, l'll be back about Kaprosh post.
        Kudos to you Amphipolis if you partly mean it. There might be some hope for you yet. As I informed you in another thread a while back some of my closest friends are Greek and my newborn daughter has 1/4 Greek blood (I won’t go into details now as it is a very personal matter but one day I might expand on it to highlight how close my friendship is with one of my oldest Greek friends and the level of respect my Greek friends and I have between us). My Greek friends respect the fact that I am Macedonian and we do understand and respect the fact that our cultures and history are so intertwined.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

Boutaris under fire after musing over renaming of Thessaloniki's Macedonia Airport

Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris has come under attack after suggesting that the city’s airport, currently named Macedonia Airport, could be renamed.

Boutaris reportedly made the comments during a meeting of the city council on Monday, when he also proposed changing the name of Thessaloniki’s bus station. He explained his views in the media on Tuesday morning.

“I didn’t say we should change them, I simply posed the question,” he told Skai TV. “We should think about why this name, Macedonia, has divided so many people.”

Boutaris suggested that the airport could be named after former Aris and Greece basketball star Nikos Gallis.

“He should leave the diplomacy and the negotiations to the diplomats and concentrate on his duties, such as sanitation and trash collection in his city,” responded New Democracy’s shadow foreign minister Giorgos Koumoutsakos
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Sounds like a decent Vlach from Macedonia.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
              • Oct 2011

NOTE: Racial slurs have been edited and edits are noted in Italic

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2018...-tsipras-says/

‘Macedonia’ in Republic of Macedonia Name Unavoidable, Tsipras says

Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias is meeting in Vienna on Tuesday with Macedonian counterpart Nikola Dimitrov and UN mediator Matthew Nimetz to negotiate on the Balkan country’s name.

The two neighboring country’s officials started bilateral talks on Monday and will continue on Tuesday with the UN middleman.

Nimetz’s presence was announced suddenly on Monday night.

Meanwhile, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said on Monday that the use of the term Macedonia in the name of the Republic of Macedonia is unavoidable.

Speaking to his SYRIZA parliamentary group, Tsipras said that, “for better or worse, Greece has accepted the term ‘Macedonia’ in the name many years ago”.

Tsipras further said Greece was not negotiating not to lose something, but it is negotiating to win something, namely it will make Macedonia accept a geographical designation to its name and prohibit Macedonia from usurping Greek names and symbols.

Reportedly the Greek side has proposed the name “Republika Gorna Makedonija” (Republic of Upper Macedonia) and Macedonia has apparently accepted it.

Bulgarian, Albanian reactions

Former Bulgarian president Georgi Parvanov said: “We recognize Macedonia as the constitutional name, but consider proposals such as Upper Macedonia or Northern Macedonia, are solutions that are in favor of Greece, but at the expense of Bulgarian interests.”

Speaking on Bulgarian television on Monday, Parvanov said it is good that the two Balkan neighbors talk to resolve the decades-old dispute, but “Upper” or “Northern” geographical descriptions are against Bulgarian interests.

“The name Northern or Upper Macedonia includes the region of Pirin; the Aegean region does not concern us and we do not comment on it, and at the same time the potential claims towards Bulgaria are up in the air.

“At least, it must be discussed between the governments of both countries,” Parvanov added.

Meanwhile, Albanian parties in Macedonia say that the proposed Slavic name “Gorna Makedonija” is not acceptable to them.

According to the Independent Balkan News Agency, Ziadin Sela of the Alliance for Albanians said they are against any moves to come up with a Slav name.

“We’re against proposals for names in the Macedonian language, such as the case of ‘Gorna Makedonija’. We are against it because this is a tendency to appropriate the name,” Sela said.

Artan Grubi, advisor to BDI party leader Ali Ahmeti, said a new name must reflect the multi-ethnic character of the country.

Macedonia is my country and the country of hundreds of thousands of other Albanians. Macedonia belonging to just Macedonians is a concept which doesn’t exist and Albanians cannot be ruled out of this vital process for our common future,” Grubi said.
              Lol what an absolute dogs breakfast , I bet the citizens and politicians of RoMacedonia will claim that they didn't see this coming at all
              “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Kudos to you Amphipolis if you partly mean it. There might be some hope for you yet. As I informed you in another thread a while back some of my closest friends are Greek and my newborn daughter has 1/4 Greek blood (I won’t go into details now as it is a very personal matter but one day I might expand on it to highlight how close my friendship is with one of my oldest Greek friends and the level of respect my Greek friends and I have between us). My Greek friends respect the fact that I am Macedonian and we do understand and respect the fact that our cultures and history are so intertwined.
                He only means it with a very small part.

Our history is certainly intertwined with Greeks as with Bulgars, Serbs and Vlachs and, to a lesser extent, Albanians.

Greece (back in its formation stages of the 1800s) could have played a wholly different game with the Macedonians. It could have claimed them as Greeks and celebrated itself as the birthplace of Olde Macedonian. Greece could have celebrated its slavonic heritage that extended all the way south of Macedonia. Instead it chose to hate Macedonians and sought to destroy our identity. As a consequence, they contributed partly in the creation of the modern Macedonian identity. The one that remains forever suspicious of Greek intentions.

So, with a strange couple of twists of fate back 200 years ago, we could have become really defiant and proud Greeks nowadays. But not Greeks as we know them now.

Perhaps the Russians would have been less inclined to help liberate them from the Ottomans if the Greeks tried to claim ownership of any slavonic heritage. Anyway, a diversion from the normal discussion.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                  Lol what an absolute dogs breakfast , I bet the citizens and politicians of RoMacedonia will claim that they didn't see this coming at all
                  This is priceless. Now the Bulgars are scared of territorial aspirations and the Albanians are upset the name will include a Macedonian descriptor.

Honestly, this is hilarious. Perhaps a bilingual name without the word Macedonia needs to be considered.

or

maybe

....... just tell the world we are Macedonia ..........
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Stojacanec
                    • Dec 2009

I propose "The Republic of Upper But A Bit To The Left Macedonia" written in Albanian should make all neighbours happy.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                      “He should leave the diplomacy and the negotiations to the diplomats and concentrate on his duties, such as sanitation and trash collection in his city,” responded New Democracy’s shadow foreign minister Giorgos Koumoutsakos
                      Gotta love this line from Athens though, in other words:

"Hey you "Greek Macedonians", shut the fuck up, you have no say in what goes on here, go back to scooping up garbage and cleaning toilets, and leave the governing of Macedonia to the superior Athenians"

And like the good little dogs they are, these so called "Greek Macedonians" will bow down and wholeheartedly obey their Athenian Master's command... and these bowing "Greeks" have the balls to claim to be Macedonians LOL, Alexander and Phillip would be so proud...
                      Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-13-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

...it was only a matter of time before the bulgarians and the shiptari got involved and demanded their two cents worth but this is exactly what we deserve when we willingly negotiate our identity with those hell bent on destroying us.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          This is priceless. Now the Bulgars are scared of territorial aspirations and the Albanians are upset the name will include a Macedonian descriptor.

Honestly, this is hilarious. Perhaps a bilingual name without the word Macedonia needs to be considered.
                          There really is nothing else to do but laugh, no other kind of reaction registered with me when I read this article. The mental spastication of this situation/direction/agenda/whatever can not be explained in any logical form.

No doubt this will make a great comedy movie one day.. for stoners...... ...

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

or

maybe

....... just tell the world we are Macedonia ..........
                            The Macedonian government dickheads believing that there's a solution to this mess via compromise should surely now be aware that this is impossible...

Fuck off the acronym once and for all...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              The Macedonian government dickheads believing that there's a solution to this mess via compromise should surely now be aware that this is impossible...

Fuck off the acronym once and for all...
                              And we in the Diaspora remain hopeful that the Greeks and/or Bulgarians and/or Albanians make it increasingly difficult for Macedonians to choose a new name.

Instead, we should be shaming the pathetic Fyromian maggots who are willing to negotiate our identity. This includes the 66% SDSm and 33% DPmNE name change supporters. (correction - This includes the 66% SDSGm and 33% DPGmNE name change supporters.)
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

...Instead, we should be shaming the pathetic Fyromian maggots who are willing to negotiate our identity. This includes the 66% SDSm and 33% DPmNE name change supporters. (correction - This includes the 66% SDSGm and 33% DPGmNE name change supporters.)
                                ...maybe this should be a billboard campaign...to name and shame them for the traitors they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X