• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Proposal North Republic of Macedonia is unacceptable: foreign minister
    17 April 2009
    Skopje. “One-side idea, which is acceptable for Greece only.” This is what Macedonian Minister of Foreign Affairs Antonio Milosovski said in reference to statement of Greece Ambassador to US Alexandros Malias proposal deposed by UN Special Mediator Matthew Nimitz can solve the name dispute, A1 informs.
    “This is not only name dispute. There is a hidden and now open program on violating national and language identity of Macedonians,” Milosovski said.
    In his words decision on geographic definition of the country is disputable for Macedonia.
    “There is enough geography in the usage of “Macedonia” in Greece. In my opinion no more geography is needed so to keep apart Republic of Macedonia, which was established as a country and has been in the same place since its foundation,” Milosovski pointed.

bravo vojvoda antonio...let them know there is no more dealing on the name !
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Diabolical
      • Jan 2009

bravo He says it like it is

Comment

• NikodimMKD
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
        I wish there were more men like him, running Macedonia. I would feel better about things.
        I am starting to think that Milo is the only true and honest patriot and that even Gruevski would sell us out for the right price.

Perhaps it's time for a leadership change.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Greek Professor under attack for accepting 'Macedonia' dissertation

Greek Professor under attack for accepting 'Macedonia' dissertation

Group of professors at the Panteion University in Greece, Department of Political Sciences are under attack because they accepted a doctoral thesis named “Republic of Macedonia”

Rightist Greek politicians have pin pointed their fingers on International Relations professor Aleksis Iraklidis, better known to media circles for calling on Karamanlis’ Government to recognize the rights of ethnic Macedonians in Greece, return the confiscated properties to exiled Macedonians, and accept the double formula in the name dispute.

Prof. Iraklidis repeated this statement recently in an interview for Greek TV Station Alfa.
          During his interview, Iraklidis stated “Greece should accept a double formula for the name, and recognize the 30-40,000 ‘SlavMacedonians’ in Greece”
          - If this question appears in front of the European Courts of Human rights, Greece will be ordered to pay damages – added Professor Iraklidis.

Professor Iraklidis is facing great deal of criticism for his opinions from Greek nationalists. During his interview for Alfa TV, Iraklidis stated “Greece can accept either North or New Macedonia” a name that will apply only to Athens. To the reporter's question whether Professor Iraklidis is ashamed to be a Greek, he answered “Yes”.

Because of this, Greek nationalists and the far right have branded Professor Iraklidis as an “embarrassment for Panteion University”.

Macedonian organization in Lerin “Vinozito”, says Professor Iraklidis has accepted dissertations with the term Macedonia long before his opinions became a problem.

His statements have started to be frequently picked up by Greek media. His first statement caused stir among politicians when the professor asked the Government to stop pushing its head in the sand with their statements that there are no ‘slavmacednians’ in Greece. According to the professor, the Greek Government will find only more sand as it buries its head deeper in it.
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

According to the professor, the Greek Government will find only more sand as it buries its head deeper in it.
            I like this guy!
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Struja
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post

Professor Iraklidis is facing great deal of criticism for his opinions from Greek nationalists. During his interview for Alfa TV, Iraklidis stated “Greece can accept either North or New Macedonia” a name that will apply only to Athens. To the reporter's question whether Professor Iraklidis is ashamed to be a Greek, he answered “Yes”.

One brave man! Well, I guess he can kiss his job goodbye.

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

Yep it seems that this guy done his homework, but Greece needs more of his kind.

He is like the small German resistance against Adolf, but it was not enough.

We need more Walküre (Valkyrie) in Greece
                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Makedonian
                  • Apr 2009

Makedonia for the Makedonians!

Hello Macedonian Bloggers!

Greetings from a Macedonian Brother!

This is my first Reply-Post and I hope to somehow contribute to the Macedonian Cause and Nation!

Makedonija na Mkedoncite!
                  Makedonia for the Makedonians!
                  FREEDOM TO QUEBEC / QUEBEC LIBRE!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Macedonian World Protest

My Fellow Macedonians,
                    As time has gone by we have had several protests around the world.. I myself have been to two….
                    Weather these protests have help or not I believe we are due for another one with the current name issues…
                    My suggestion is that if we do..? And we may need permission by the Macedonian Government, I believe the best way to do it is not just have it in one city but in every city in the world that has Macedonian all at one time…let the world see our plea, our concerns and our rights as Macedonians.. This will have a huge impact with the Media…?
                    I don't have contacts so I'm asking our readers to maybe address this to the appropriate people..?

What are your thoughts….?
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

It is a noble thought.
                      And I have been to a few protests as well.
                      But I just can't accept the apathy within Macedonia itself.
                      We will all protest and they will go to bed early.
                      I don't want to be so negative about it, but the fight has to come from the Republic.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• King Makedon
                        • Apr 2009

There are also alternative options. Macedonia can also be out of both organizations and live prosperly as Switzerland.
                        We make our own laws, not dictated by Brussels, Washington, etc....
                        Most People of EU member states are really unhappy. Only good thing is travelling thorugh Europe without passport. Even with the new EURO currency everything is much more expensive
                        , twice as much as it was before.

Don't forget we are a free Republic. We shouldn't give it up that easily, afterall it took more than 2000 years to gain again independence of foreign rulership (at least for our the northern part of macedonia, the other parts are still under foreign occupation)
                        The other parts as Pirin and Egej are already in NATO and EU. Are they free? are they feeling good? are they satisfied? I don't think so.
                        Last edited by King Makedon; 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM.
                        ]
                        The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                        [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

You are correct KM.
                          Is this the best Macedonia can be right now?
                          I get the feeling all the politicians think Macedonia's problems will be solved instantly when they join the EU. They will get a rude surprise!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

A world demonstration is what is required. Macedonians in the whole world must make a united stance, like we did in the 90's. RtG's words stand true, the fight must come from the Republic, they must be in unison with the Diaspora.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• King Makedon
                              • Apr 2009

Yes, sometimes i have the same impression everytime I am in macedonia.

The people in macedonia are used to be ruled by foreigners, and always wait for an instruction from outside, because our poeple may have forgotten how to rule a country or still have to learn how to do that.

another Problem is that our own ideas are not accepted, and arguing amongst the people or parties starts, even a good idea turns out to be a bad and the debate never ends until a foreigner comes and tell an even worse idea which will be accepted by all.

People of macedonia should wake up and take their own fortune in their hands. That's our right as an independent state and nobody shall interfear in our internal affairs, as we are already members of UNO.

If it is the best???
                              The time will show us if it was the best we have done.
                              Personally me, I'm thinking that one day the wheel will turn agian on our side, as history many times repeats itself. (we should not make the same mistakes again and again)
                              Last edited by King Makedon; 04-23-2009, 10:30 PM.
                              ]
                              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

You are right, KM. We are a free republic, and shouldn't wait for instructions coming from outside. We make our own laws, and can prosper without the E.U. About our own ideas not being accepted - that is very true also.

Comment

Working...
                                X