X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    Tom do you think after the icj.The macedonians can revoke the interim accord as it was only mean't for a short time.It is not in macedonia's interest to be tied down by it.Whil'st the greeks can literally do what they want.I have never seen such a blatant disregard for macedonian rights as the interim accord.How our politicians can sell us short for this agreement amazes me.
    George, my view is that they can declare the Interim Accord 'null and void' whenever they want to. They don't need to wait for anything. The problem is that our political elites are vassals and quislings (yes, those dirty words that noone dare speak). They are a mixed bunch of careerists, traitors and plain morons that either think they can gain personally, just plain don't care, or enrich Macedonia with Euro's by selling out Macedonian freedom.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

nothing but vassals & serfdom yes master like in the old days.Lookslike they were destined for that &they will never change.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Add a little more detail, some direct quotes and the first post produced by Tom should be made a permenant, stand alone one.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
          • Sep 2008

Erdogan: There is Only One Macedonia

Thursday, 29 September 2011

Macedonia has a natural right to use its constitutional name under which it became an independent state. We see the Greek position as unreasonable and unjust. We cannot comprehend any additions such as upper, lower or northern. Everyone knows there is only one Macedonia. We live in a global world where peace and understanding should prevail, said Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Thursday's joint press conference with Macedonian counterpart Nikola Gruevski.
          Erdogan urged for Macedonia's deserved place in NATO and EU, saying that Turkey would continue to support the country in the European and Euro-Atlantic integration process.
          Pertaining to Macedonia's efforts for EU membership, the Turkish PM stressed that the country makes swift progress, promotes stability and prosperity, implements its commitments, and that is why it will become part of the EU sooner than Turkey.
          The two PMs stressed Macedonia and Turkey do not have any open political issues, close bilateral cooperation will be enhanced, whereas commercial-economic cooperation and exchange will intensify.
          PM Gruevski emphasized the excellent bilateral relations, which is best confirmed through the Agreement on Strategic Partnership.
          He thanked Turkey for its strong support to Macedonia's NATO accession, as well as the respect of the identity and the constitutional name.
          Erdogan said both countries have mutual history and culture, recognized through friendship among people.
          Gruevski and Erdogan agreed that economic cooperation and commercial exchange, which amounts to approximately US$ 400 million in 2011, could intensify.
          Turkish PM Erdogan, who pays a two-day official visit to Macedonia, is set to meet later today with President Gjorge Ivanov and Parliament Speaker Trajko Veljanoski, as well as DUI leader Ali Ahmeti.
          In addition, the PMs' wives Borkica Gruevska and Emine Erdogan will visit children's embassy "Megjasi" in Skopje.

a kick ass for the greeks
          1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

WEll with that kind of support how can we lose.Macedonia must also remember her friends & to support them in their hour of need.Even if macedonia doesn't make it to nato or eu it can still have a future they have to be smart about it.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Macedonia has a natural right to use its constitutional name under which it became an independent state. We see the Greek position as unreasonable and unjust. We cannot comprehend any additions such as upper, lower or northern. Everyone knows there is only one Macedonia. We live in a global world where peace and understanding should prevail, said Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Thursday's joint press conference with Macedonian counterpart Nikola Gruevski.
              Erdogan urged for Macedonia's deserved place in NATO and EU, saying that Turkey would continue to support the country in the European and Euro-Atlantic integration process.
              Pertaining to Macedonia's efforts for EU membership, the Turkish PM stressed that the country makes swift progress, promotes stability and prosperity, implements its commitments, and that is why it will become part of the EU sooner than Turkey.
              The two PMs stressed Macedonia and Turkey do not have any open political issues, close bilateral cooperation will be enhanced, whereas commercial-economic cooperation and exchange will intensify.
              PM Gruevski emphasized the excellent bilateral relations, which is best confirmed through the Agreement on Strategic Partnership.
              He thanked Turkey for its strong support to Macedonia's NATO accession, as well as the respect of the identity and the constitutional name.
              Erdogan said both countries have mutual history and culture, recognized through friendship among people.
              Gruevski and Erdogan agreed that economic cooperation and commercial exchange, which amounts to approximately US$ 400 million in 2011, could intensify.
              Turkish PM Erdogan, who pays a two-day official visit to Macedonia, is set to meet later today with President Gjorge Ivanov and Parliament Speaker Trajko Veljanoski, as well as DUI leader Ali Ahmeti.
              In addition, the PMs' wives Borkica Gruevska and Emine Erdogan will visit children's embassy "Megjasi" in Skopje.

With the GRK mess dragging the EU down, I can't comprehend the stupidity of Macedonia pushing for entry into an organisation that is a drowning ship. Ireland is in financial dire straits as an example, and the EU flag is nowhere to be seen flown. Yet Macedonia flies the EU flag everywhere!
              Macedonia should be encouraging economic investment within the country as it is doing with Turkey, it does not need to be part of the EUto be encouraging what it is doing with Turkey, I have been saying this all along.
              Macedonia will only stand to not only be in debt to the EU, but also be "owned" and held accountable by that organisation. Stupid
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

Contrast this to every single European that visits Macedonai they cant utter the M word rather they say "Your Country" and "This Country" Turkey is a real friend.

Comment

• Zarni
                  Banned
                  • May 2011

Yet Macedonia flies the EU flag everywhere
                  I think the MTO need to make a Press release about this I can stand the fact the EU and NATO flags are diplayed

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Julie, i am also sick of that EU talks too but Erdogan keeps repeating same words about EU in every potentially EU (in paper) country he visits. While at the same time, neither our government nor the majority of Turkish people doesn't believe the concept of EU by a tiny bit. Thats why when he speaks for our own behalf, he said that "probably Macedonia becomes EU member sooner than Turkey" in an ironical, satirical way even tough Turkey is an official candidate (in paper again) while Macedonia is not atm.

Actually, there are other solutions for us but these "other solutions" is not difficult to achieve while it`s VERY difficult to convince whole world for that. For example, for years, Georgia and Azerbaijan keeps asking to us for creating a confederation. I am saying this cuz i recently read the speech of Georgian PM last week. In fact, a confederation like that would be VERY useful for us but ofc Turkey remains silent to that due to extreme Russian hostility towards that idea because if Georgia and Azerbaijan creates a confederation, then Ukraine jumps to the wagon to finally set themselves free from Russian grasp and then Blacksea becomes completely enclosed for Russia and already isolated Armenia gives it`s last breath then. This kind of confederation would be useful to Macedonia if Bulgaria wouldn't be an EU member atm or if Macedonia would be united with Aegean part because then we would have a land connection, a border. Therefore, this would create a complete path for energy sources from Caucasus to Europe.

These things are just wishes of Georgia and Azerbaijan, far from reality atm but when you think about this geopolitical issues then we can better understand why Macedonia is not united, why a poor country like Bulgaria hastily became an EU member, why Russia constantly beats up Georgia and using Armenian card against Azerbaijan or why Greece keeps inventing problems for Macedonia....................... goes on like that

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Onur
                      Thank you for posting this information, you beat me to it! I just finished reading it on Mina and was about to open a thread when I noticed you already opened it. Your President and indeed your country honours Macedonia with much welcomed support and defence of our identity and I personally cannot thank you and your country enough! Your President is a shining example of what our politicians should be doing and it is actually embaressing that President Erdogan and the Turkish people show greater resistance to the world when it comes to the Macedonian identity, than the Macedonians themselves!
                      Once again I thank you, your President and your country for their unwavering support of Macedonia.

PS - I find it amusing that the hellenes have no comment to make when Erdogan makes statements about Macedonia! Why aren't they kicking and screaming and demanding he say FYROM? My guess is they are a bunch of chickenshits who would get kicked back into their box if they tried it!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                        Contrast this to every single European that visits Macedonai they cant utter the M word rather they say "Your Country" and "This Country" Turkey is a real friend.
                        I say to hell with Europe. Your right. The Turkish State refers to us as Macedonia, while Europe, Soros Foundation ...etc, will not as a matter of policy ever use our name. European policy is diabolical. Someone needs to name and shame the E.U, while the Macedonian leadership need to realise that their best assets are still in their hands, why give them away or risk them? I have said it before, its ironic but I would accept a temporary Turkish and/or Ukrainian military presence on Macedonian territory. It is the Turks that are holding Western Macedonia from going to the Albanians. The Turkish leadership is really honoring Macedonia, but it is sad that it has come to a point where we feel such great joy everytime someone uses our rightful historical name. You know, another 100,000 Turks in Macedonia can only strengthen that country greatly.
                        Last edited by Pelister; 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Turkish prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan visits Macedonia - We support your name Macedonia (2011) - YouTube

and for Onur

Başbakan Erdoğan. Makedonya Başbakanı Nikola Gruevski ortak basın toplantısı. - YouTube
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

All this talk about turkey has started me to think,What if turkey & macedonia forget eu.Like onur said they link with countries that don't want to be in the eu.It makes sense rather than join a sinking ship.I think countries should be lose & adaptable to the situation.THere are other countries that could join loosley they can improve their trade & other matters & probably do better than iunder the eu.
                            Last edited by George S.; 09-30-2011, 02:24 AM. Reason: ed
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                              • Jan 2009

Great support from the Turks as always, well done and thanks!

True friends of macedonia

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

BBS that puts our neighbour greece to shame.If we could only list the many shocking things it has done & tried to do to hurt us or destroy us is shocking.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X