• Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Germany debates Macedoni's name

Bundestag to debate the name issue

Germany unblock MACEDONIAN European Integration

The German Bundestag will soon debate the Macedonian-Greek name dispute in order to help unblock the Macedonian EU integration.
    The initiative comes from the government of Angela Merkel, after MP Stefan Libih asked her office to take a position on the name issue and $ help Macedonia, Macedonian media write.
    German Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Cornelia Piper, in a letter to the MP Libih says that Macedonia has not yet begun negotiations, though Germany supports it.

"The reason is opposition from Greece, which clearly give its opinion would not allow to proceed according to the recommendation of the Commission until the name issue is resolved. The Government, in accordance with its powers, will propose to the Bundestag debate on the issue of the negotiations Macedonia's full accession to the Union, "writes the German Portal and political magazine" Revolution. "
    The MP believes Libih dispute is unrealistic and that Greece has no right to block Macedonia's NATO and EU membership. According to him, the name should not be a condition for starting negotiations, but only the usual criteria for candidate countries.
    Just another indicator as to how the EU are thinking. The ICJ case will give momentum to such preemptive discussions.

Comment

• Ljubanec
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fyrOM View Post
      Just another indicator as to how the EU are thinking. The ICJ case will give momentum to such preemptive discussions.

Or more like the fact that Greece can no longer afford to buy off E.U. members and losing complete leverage in the E.U. (and the Balkans). I believe that time is on our side, but now it is just a question of do we want to be part of the E.U. ?

My short answer- No!

In Macedonia today, we have idiots that listen to old vinyl records of Lepa Brena and pine for the days when everyone loved Tito rule and we were Jugoslavian.
      I predict that once we do get into the E.U. we will have a new generation of nostalgics that pine for Branko or Gruevski or Shekerinska.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

If only Macedonian politicians would debate the name issue.
        That would be nice.
        Instead they play their cards close to their chest and the ones in power are trying to secure the most favourable payoff before sacrificing our identity.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

What ever happened to standing one's ground & not wavering.I can't beleive other countries are deciding our fate still by the stroke of the pen or politics.One should be able to pull out of any talks unscaved.What could possibly happen if we say no to them/Nothing.It comes to the point we can call ourselves what we want greece go jump if they don't like it.
          Last edited by George S.; 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM. Reason: edit
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            What ever happened to standing one's ground & not wavering.I can't beleive other countries are deciding our fate still by the stroke of the pen or politics
            George .... good points!
            The last time other people determined the fate of Macedonians was in 1913 and we did not have a formal nation. It appears we still don't have a functioning one.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• ennea
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

One should be able to pull out of any talks unscaved.What could possibly happen if we say no to them/Nothing.It comes to the point we can call ourselves what we want greece go jump if they don't like it.
              Isn't it the election period? Are there any political parties (even minor or tiny ones) advocating such a strategy?

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Ennea do the politicians give a shit really they don't.Their only interest is to stay in power & nothing else.If they make any promises if then they are hollow & empty.To give you an example virtually most politicians lie & cheat so that they can stay in power.Look at the way our priminister julia gillard has retained in power.She did deals with the independents & greenies.Ennea if there are minor parties that advocate self identification & pull out of the talks who are they?The only thing of a turnaround i see is some sort of revolution in macedonia where the public can say enough is enough.The voting polls might be the way.Why can't the media get out & inform the public about the real truth??
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

What ever happened to standing one's ground & not wavering.
                  Sometimes, in a strong wind, it is better to be able to bend like a green sapling then break like an old dry trunk.
                  (don't know the author to quote them)

I can't beleive other countries are deciding our fate still by the stroke of the pen or politics
                  Would you prefer they did it with a gun and a bomb instead?

One should be able to pull out of any talks...
                  It would be nice...
                  So is dreaming.

One should be able to pull out of any talks unscaved.
                  You'd think so.
                  So do kids until they meet their first bully who thinks your, "lets agree to disagree", just doesn't cut it for them.

What could possibly happen if we say no to them/Nothing.
                  Why don't we just put the country on the table and roll the dice, just to test your theory - you never know you could be right!

It comes to the point we can call ourselves what we want greece go jump if they don't like it.
                  Do you mean IF/WHEN "It comes to the point...", otherwise it doesn't make sense in the context of what precedes it? More gibberish, George??

RTG Post005...
                  George .... good points!
                  mmm...??? Ahhh...???...mmm??? WT?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Another irrelevant, smartass and apologetic load of trash. Your only purpose is to serve as an idiotic government mouth-piece and to argue on points just for the sake of arguing. Your week away from here has clearly been of no value. Personally, I am tired of repeating myself to a dumb Macedonian. You have no more warning.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lügendetektor
                      Dude, any flag containing the fuckin macedonian sun!!!
                      the sun is the real symbol of the Macedonians, but i dont fuckin care about the rays
                      There are particular styles of the Macedonian insignia and the new flag of capitulation is not one of them. But, you accept that symbol of treachery with the schoolyard 'reasoning' that any sun is Macedonian. Good for you. I don't see why 'former Yugoslav' should bother you either, afterall, it still says Macedonia at the end of the name. This is the type of submissive approach wrapped in deluded 'patriotism' that Macedonians need to avoid.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fyrOM View Post
                        mmm...??? Ahhh...???...mmm??? WT?
                        Don't you get it FYROM?
                        I said the following statement:
                        The last time other people determined the fate of Macedonians was in 1913 and we did not have a formal nation. It appears we still don't have a functioning one.
                        In your "rape me but don't kill me" persona you can't seem to understand the above point.

Keep going.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• ennea
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

If the politicians make any promises if then they are hollow & empty.
                          Did Gruevski promise, before his first or second election, that he will withdraw the negotiations?

Ennea if there are minor parties that advocate self identification & pull out of the talks who are they?
                          Does anybody know? Don't ask ME.
                          In Greece there are many political parties, covering all political spectrum, from far left to far right, also ecologists, minority parties, weirdo or comical ones. Usually we have around 30 candidate parties in every election.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Same old miserable half baked ideologies. I propose Lugendetektor use the following sun:

Originally Posted by Lügendetektor
                            Dude, any flag containing the fuckin macedonian sun!!!

it looks kinda cool.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

none of that was ever made.That is not his modus operandi.Tha is to keep people in the dark & then when he wins he can do anything.I'm making a general statement generally
                              politicians don't keep their promises.If he is going to the polls you'd think he'd disclose if he is still negotiating the name.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• KingMac
                                • Apr 2009

Ennea do you respect the Macedonian minority in Greece?

Comment

Working...
                                X