Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slovenec zrinski
    • Sep 2008

Are you trying to tell me that there are 200 000 people from Bosnia in Slovenia? About 10% of the population? Keep on dreaming.
    Almost every country after the war has tried to cleanse itself from "foreign" language influence. Croatia,Bosnia and also Slovenia to some extent...I can feel that it is laughable but probably only a phase that they are going through...

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
      Are you trying to tell me that there are 200 000 people from Bosnia in Slovenia? About 10% of the population? Keep on dreaming.
      Almost every country after the war has tried to cleanse itself from "foreign" language influence. Croatia,Bosnia and also Slovenia to some extent...I can feel that it is laughable but probably only a phase that they are going through...
      look national census,in kje so tisti z vizami?45.000 muslims in census results,where are thous that declared Bosniaks and Bosnians + workers with work permision??You are Slovenian right,look Velenje for example,how many are there?Which cleaning,in 1991 the number was much smaller!
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
        • Sep 2008

I was talking about "cleaning" of the language, not ethnic cleansing
        I was actually looking at the national census and was actually wondering what they meant by moslems. I know that the rate of ethnic slovenians have fallen from 88 % in 1991 to 83 % in 2003. But surely all of the rest are not from Bosnia?
        I know that there are many from the south in Velenje as I have relatives there. Have ot been there for many years though. It was always the pride of Jugo-slovenia

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
          I was talking about "cleaning" of the language, not ethnic cleansing
          I was actually looking at the national census and was actually wondering what they meant by moslems. I know that the rate of ethnic slovenians have fallen from 88 % in 1991 to 83 % in 2003. But surely all of the rest are not from Bosnia?
          I know that there are many from the south in Velenje as I have relatives there. Have ot been there for many years though. It was always the pride of Jugo-slovenia
          No hard fealings right,i'm proud citiesen of Slovenia,Bosninas hardly integrate in evry day life,i know peoples which are here for almost 45 years,and they steel dont know Slovene language?!Majorety at least.
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Sarafot, you are a Macedonian from Slovenia? Born there or in MK?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Sarafot, you are a Macedonian from Slovenia? Born there or in MK?
              ŠTIP-MAKEDONIJA!!!
              HERE 25 years!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Was it easy or difficult for you to pick up the Slovenian language?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Was it easy or difficult for you to pick up the Slovenian language?
                  I was 6 when i start a school(ZABAVAC),i didnt know a shit,techer saied to my mom,if he could know serbocroatian i could talk to him,but no,then in first grade i all ready had slovenian četvorka and so on, my slovene was perfect in third grade all ready.....Today for me Slovenian is like mother language,even it is identical to my mother language Macedonian,just NAGLASUVANJETO is diferent.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

That's excellent Sarafot, Slovenian would be a good language to know when discussing matters concerning Slavic languages in general.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

The Macedonians have been swimming against a current of academic and public opinion which has been strongly suspicious of the Macedonian identity.

Fk Hungary.

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

its time for the macedonian govt, to emphatically proclaim once and for all our name is not negoitable, and membership to the eu is not something we would trade our name for. the eu is a despicable hypocrite in this instance. sarafot there is nothing arabic about the bosnian muslims except their religion.
                        Last edited by osiris; 12-23-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Osiris, I agree with what you said about the Macedonian Government.

However, I will disagree with what you have said about the Bosniaks. No doubt the Arabic 'influence' in Bosnia today was virtually non-existent prior to the 90's, however, Sarafot is right, since the war many Bosniaks (indeed many of those that speak for and/or define the nation) have adopted Arabic cultural elements in their speech and everyday life. Of course, this does not account for all Bosniaks and it does not make them Arabs, but their 'rekindled' affinity for Islamic origins as a result of the war cannot be disputed.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

yes you are right to disagree som, what you say has happened. i am not sure if it will be a sustained trend and i dont know also how widespread it is within the community.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Neither do I, which is why I made sure to indicate that not all are in this category. Perhaps it will pass as a phase, although given that much of their national identity will be leaning towards that element of their history in their attempts to find what is unique in them, I am not sure how quick it will pass. In my opinion, Bosnians of all denominations could have (and probably did) formed a single national component, they have their history like all the others in the Balkans.

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

i agree som before the war during the 70s and 80s most bosnians i met regardless of tho their religion seemed quite content to be a bosanats, maybe in their own circles the situation was different.

Comment

Working...
                                X