X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
    As a side note, I think that by now there should be no doubt by anybody on this forum that the Government of the Republic of Macedonia is indeed committed to finding what they describe as a 'solution'. The 'solution' they are working toward is a replacement of the 'The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia', for some other term they deem more acceptable, but in any case, an international name that is not 'Macedonia', or more bluntly, an international name for the Macedonian State, that is different from the official name 'Macedonia', different from the name determined by the Macedonian people. This is, regardless of who tries to spin it and how, a name change. Only this time, the Macedonian people wont be lied to with stories of '3 month interim', rather it would be a permanent decision for a new name for the state of the Macedonian people, or perhaps more correctly, a final nail in the coffin in which the idea of a Macedonian state for the Macedonian people, is buried.
    You've hit the nail right on the head Rogi!
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Very concerning. Does anyone know more on this.

This year can be expected solution zasporot name

Skopje, January 3, 2011 (AP) - In the statements of top officials is expected this year to finally be resolved the dispute with Greece, we can read that the Macedonian side sends a message to Nimetz to Athens and they were ready to compromise on finding solution, according to Professor Dimitar Mirchev. Speaking to Radio Free Europe, he estimated that this year we can expect the dispute to reach a mature stage, even to come to the end of this process.

- More months are needed to prepare the public for a change and for a solution. After that procedure to be performed, whether the referendum, whether in Parliament, ratification in the parliaments and so on. So, it takes several months and now I think there is more time and maneuver space, governments are burdened with some immediate tasks, so I think it can be used productively to the space weather, said Mirchev.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Ozemak they said that last year & the year before..i hope the professor is wrong & we don't capitulate.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Skopje optimistic about name dispute

SKOPJE -- Macedonia President Gjorge Ivanov says that he is convinced there will be an agreement in the his country's name dispute with neighboring Greece.

Ivanov told reporters in Skopje on Saturday that his country believed there can be a solution, and that this was the reason they were taking part in negotiations.

He also stated a meeting was possible in late January between representatives of Greece and Macedonia and UN envoy Matthew Nimetz.

"We expect that meeting... and it should bring a dynamic into the process and enable for a final solution to that problem which has burdened us for almost two decades," said Ivanov.

Greece has contested Skopje's right to use the constitutional name of "the Republic of Macedonia", considering that a northern Greek province is also called Macedonia.

Athens blocked Skopje's NATO membership bid on account of this, while the country joined the UN as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FRYOM).

The latest proposal tabled by Nimetz is for the country to be called "Northern Macedonia".

Skopje, however, pointed out that the change of the name was not the only problem, with its officials saying that Greece "also wants to change the name of the Macedonian nation, language, passports and other elements of national identity".
          Just as a thought. If Macedonia agrees to a name change, will we in the Diaspora hold all Macedonians in Macedonia responsible for this treachery?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

This is a disaster.

These politicians are not only agreeing to change the name, they are discussing legal qualification of when the name can be used, and in what way. They will be agreeing to "restrictions" on the use of the word 'Macedonia'. Gruevski has suggested that much up to now. You can bet that once these fkn idiots in the government sign something - they will be shitting all over Macedonians world wide, and it will be Macedonians in the diaspora who care about their country and their history, who will suffer for it. Can you imagine what the Greek lobby in this country will do if the governmnent puts restrictions on the name 'Macedonia'? They will be smiling with joy everytime a Macedonian decides to cal himself a Macedonian.

What is a Greek citizen (Gruevski), who nobody knows anything about, doing in the Macedonian parliament and negotiating our identity against the wishes of the Macedonian people?

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              http://www.b92.net/eng/news/region-a...2&nav_id=71881

Just as a thought. If Macedonia agrees to a name change, will we in the Diaspora hold all Macedonians in Macedonia responsible for this treachery?
              I always have and always will.

People here have mistaken me as a Pro Ivanov (even though i have pointed at certain comments he has made that sound good does not mean I would put total trust in him, just like if i am posting a Greek author who comments on the truth would not make me a Philhellene) . I am far from trusting politicians.

I just don't understand and frustrates me when People on One hand have expectations in Politicians to do the right thing, and on the other they rightfully so perceive them as corrupt, untrustworthy and so on. Can you see the oxymoron in this?

It defies logic, when groups sit back, blaming someone or something (that you have accepted is not an answer to your problem), instead of these groups doing something about it. And thats Taking matters in their own hands.
              Last edited by Bill77; 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                I always have and always will.

People here have mistaken me as a Pro Ivanov (even though i have pointed at certain comments he has made that sound good does not mean I would put total trust in him, just like posting when a Greek author would comment on the truth would not make me a Philhellene) . I am far from trusting politicians.

I just don't understand and frustrates me when People on One hand have expectations in Politicians to do the right thing, and on the other they rightfully so perceive them as corrupt, untrustworthy and so on. Can you see the oxymoron in this?

It defies logic, when groups sit back, blaming someone or something (that you have accepted is not an answer to your problem), instead of these groups doing something about it. And thats Taking matters in their own hands.
                I know one Egejec who will never call himself a Macedonian again, if they change the name and put restrictions on its use.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

I know one Egejec who will never call himself a Macedonian again, if they change the name and put restrictions on its use.
                  That would have to be one of the silliest things I have heard in quite a while. I couldn't even imagine giving up my Macedonian identity because of some Macedonian traitors who sold us out. Instead, I'd be working out ways to get them out of power and change things, it is absolutely never too late to stand up and fight for your rights and your identity.

As for Risto's question, I think every Macedonian including those in the Diaspora, should be blamed, for doing nothing to stop it.

When the Government is selling out the Macedonian people, it needs to be stopped. The only people who can stop it, are the Macedonian people and when letters and lobbying fail, then the only way, is through an organised or unorganised revolution.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Macedonians have been stateless before and have fought for their identity for much longer than the Macedonian republic has existed. I will have to fight every spiteful inclination I have to be of any use to a Macedonian Republic that capitulates to this final lowest level.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• BigMak
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

That would have to be one of the silliest things I have heard in quite a while. I couldn't even imagine giving up my Macedonian identity because of some Macedonian traitors who sold us out. Instead, I'd be working out ways to get them out of power and change things, it is absolutely never too late to stand up and fight for your rights and your identity.

As for Risto's question, I think every Macedonian including those in the Diaspora, should be blamed, for doing nothing to stop it.

When the Government is selling out the Macedonian people, it needs to be stopped. The only people who can stop it, are the Macedonian people and when letters and lobbying fail, then the only way, is through an organised or unorganised revolution.
                      agreed, ultimate responsibility does fall on all Macedonians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I disagree. We in the Diaspora do not vote to get these tikvi running the country. We in the Diaspora have also been extremely critical of the capitulations of the past. You cannot tar us with the same brush as the people of the Macedonian Republic.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

if the diaspora had a say in the running of macedonia then it would not be in the mess it is.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            If Macedonia agrees to a name change, will we in the Diaspora hold all Macedonians in Macedonia responsible for this treachery?
                            I wouldn't blame all Macedonians in Macedonia, but, as you say, they are the people that vote in these traitors, so who else can be blamed? Why aren't the patriots in Macedonia, groups or individuals, making some serious noise??
                            Originally posted by Pelister
                            That is immature. What sort of Macedonian would renounce their identity in protest against the actions of others? If anything, it should give him more resolve to maintain the heritage of his ancestors instead of throwing it out of the window.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

Macedonia's Government Must Cease all Negotiations with Greece. Macedonia - one and only. Macedonian identity, people, language - one and only.
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Is that what you told Macedonian politicians and media while you were in Macedonia?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X