X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    In order to reject oppression, one must be aware that they are being oppressed and then realise that they do not need to be oppressed. One needs to understand liberty and crave after it. Judging from their views and actions, the majority of Macedonians worldwide do not undertand liberty, let alone crave it.
    I had been raised in a (Macedonian) politically active household for much of my life. The notions of liberty, oppression, desire for change etc. were woven into our daily familial patterns. I am quite sure many Macedonians in the Diaspora have similar recollections of their childhood and teen years. This desire or craving for liberty is still very strong in the Diaspora in my opinion.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

I think this says it all. Bratot, you either don't understand what you're arguing about or you have some other motives.

Negotiating our identity is a violation of our natural rights. Ending this violation is an end in itself. You seem to think this is some sort of "game" where the negotiations are a "tactic" to achieve some "greater end". National self-determination is the Macedonian cause. The FREEDOM of the Macedonian people to FREELY make their own decisions is the Macedonian cause. The negotiations are in direct contradiction to this cause - ending them is not a "means", its an act of exercising our FREEDOM.
      I think you don't understand anything of what you suggest nor aware of the point of my question.

The freedom is not self sustainable cathegory and no one is going to handout your right for self-determination if you aren't going to achieve it by yourself.

Again, my question, if you are not going to answer, don't reply me and allow the discussion to run.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        Do you think of ceasing the negotiations as a means, or ceasing of the negotiations as a goal?
        Definitely not a goal in the big picture. The negotiations on identity are merely an impediment that needs to be swept aside so that more important things can be tended to.

But we are talking about the Interim Agreement on this thread.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

So is it more as a means or more as a goal, be more precise?

I know what we are talking about, we have to go step by step in order to demarcate our positions.
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Here you go Bratot:

Bratot, you reject the interim accord but do not reject the consequences arising from it.

Clearly it has not been rejected in your heart and mind.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

I think you don't understand anything of what you suggest nor aware of the point of my question.

The freedom is not self sustainable cathegory and no one is going to handout your right for self-determination if you aren't going to achieve it by yourself.

Again, my question, if you are not going to answer, don't reply me and allow the discussion to run.
              WHO suggested that our freedom is something that needs to be given to us? Do you understand what self-determination is and how it is attained? Do you understand what I have been saying - that we need to exercise our freedom OURSELVES???

Freedom is not self-sustainable??? Is that what you just said??? WTF does that mean??? Are you suggesting that self-determination is not possible for the Macedonians? Are you suggesting that we need a 'big brother'??? Didn't you just say that we need to achieve our own freedom and then in the same breath claim that freedom is not self-sustainable??? WTF are you on about???
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Risto,

when you do sign something as valid contract, are you able to cease it validity only by your heart and mind?

Was my question to complicated to give a plain answer?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Risto,

when you do sign something as valid contract, are you able to cease it validity only by your heart and mind?

Was my question to complicated to give a plain answer?
                  The IA is not a "valid" contract. A SOVEREIGN people are not subject to the whims of foreign governments, as is the case of the IA.

Now the cat is finally out of the bag - you consider the Interim Accord "valid", which means that you must consider Greece's "greivances" as "legitimate". This adds another layer to your ideological problems.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

WHO suggested that our freedom is something that needs to be given to us? Do you understand what self-determination is and how it is attained? Do you understand what I have been saying - that we need to exercise our freedom OURSELVES???

Freedom is not self-sustainable??? Is that what you just said??? WTF does that mean??? Are you suggesting that self-determination is not possible for the Macedonians? Are you suggesting that we need a 'big brother'??? Didn't you just say that we need to achieve our own freedom and then in the same breath claim that freedom is not self-sustainable??? WTF are you on about???

Take a breath or two and tone it down, save your assumptions and insinuations for someone who is adequately dumb to buy it from you.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Bratot, are you scared of the legal consequences of rejecting the Interim Agreement in your heart and mind? Is this the only reason why you have avoided admitting the contradiction of your thought processes in this regard? Unless you personally signed the agreement I fail to see why you feel the best strategy in this regard is to be nice and compliant for the Greeks. Feel free to avoid talking about the contradiction in your life.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Take a breath or two and tone it down, save your assumptions and insinuations for someone who is adequately dumb to buy it from you.
                        They were YOUR statements that I was responding to.

Comment

• Bratot
                          • Sep 2008

The IA is not a "valid" contract. A SOVEREIGN people are not subject to the whims of foreign governments, as is the case of the IA.

Now the cat is finally out of the bag - you consider the Interim Accord "valid", which means that you must consider Greece's "greivances" as "legitimate". This adds another layer to your ideological problems.
                          Lets work with facts.

The Government of Macedonia is legal entity or not?

Did Macedonia signed this agreement and ratified in her Parlament?

Or maybe start with answering what institution or body and on which regulations is entitled to give advisory opinions or to solve international disputes.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Bratot, are you scared of the legal consequences of rejecting the Interim Agreement in your heart and mind? Is this the only reason why you have avoided admitting the contradiction of your thought processes in this regard? Unless you personally signed the agreement I fail to see why you feel the best strategy in this regard is to be nice and compliant for the Greeks. Feel free to avoid talking about the contradiction in your life.
                          Risto,

have you consulted at least ONE expert on international law about this matter?

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Bratot, let's say we had a bet and you lost. Now, assume this bet was 'legal' in the strictest sense, in the same way as you view the Interim Accord as 'legal'. Suppose however, in that legal bet, the terms were that you are supposed to give up being Macedonian and your entire family is forced to do the same.

Would you accept your new predicament without argument, because it is 'legal' and accept it as 'legal'? Must your family too accept their new predicament of being forced to give up being Macedonian, because you signed some agreement without their permission?

Or would you understand that the legitimacy you place on this bet, is not real and cannot be real, for there is no human law that can supersede natural law and there is no goal greater than protecting the natural law, your rights and your freedom.

Questioning whether the termination of the negotiations and interim accord is a goal in itself, or a means to a greater goal, indicates you've missed, or misunderstood, what is most fundamental. Perhaps you can look into natural law versus positive law.
                            Last edited by Rogi; 12-14-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

We are talking about international law, if not we shoudln't even bother to sign any other agreement on a national level wether it regulates some economical, political or cultural issues.

The point is, when you say something is not legal, you are basing that argument on some regulations that regulate, I asked which?

Can civil rights exist within a country withour a strict regulative, how will you ensure respect for our human rights?

How our State is going to secure the rights of its citizens out of its borders?

How will our State defend the interests of our minority?

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

Again, you are completely missing the point. Again let me stress the point that you should seek to understand natural law first, because therein you will find your answers.

Perhaps our forum member 'Grotius' can offer you some more insight?

After all, Hugo Grotius is credited as laying the foundations for international law, based on natural law.
                                Last edited by Rogi; 12-14-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X