X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Macedonian Embassy in Australia wins "Diplomatic World Cup"

Macedonia has won the "Australian Diplomatic World Cup" organized by the Australian Government in which 26 Foreign Embassies and Consular offices took place during the past month.

In its first match, Macedonia defeated Papue New Guinea's Embassy 18-1. In its second match it beat the Spanish Embassy 5-3, while in the next match it defeated the Italian Embassy 5-2.

After the first three wins, the Macedonian Embassy qualified in the semi final where it met with South Korea. Macedonian diplomats once again proved too strong for their opponents winning 4-0.

In the final Macedonia crushed the High Commission of Malaysia 7-1. The Macedonian roster included all of its personnel, starting with the Ambassador himself Pero Stojanovski, Kostadin Tasevski, Toni Trpeski, Toni Tasevski, Goran Josifovski, Gjoko Jankulovski, Vlatko Tomeski, Toni Aleksoski, Zmejko Trajkovski and Jordan Petreski.

During the trophy and awards ceremony the Australian organizers admitted the Macedonian Embassy was too good and deserved to win the tournament.

There has been big publicity in Australia around this tournament. Senator Steven Conroy appearing as a guest during "Ed Sam and Santo Cup Fever" show, spoke of the tournament and noted Australia would not go to the final having lost to the High Commission of Malaysia.

During the middle of September this year, Australia will gather its top footballing gurus across the political spectrume and try their luck against the Macedonian Embassy. The match is expected to attract a lot of publicity for Macedonia.

Now lets hope the Macedonian national team can emulate what our politicians in Australia are doing.

Well done to the Macedonian diplomats on winning the diplomatic world cup.
    Bravo.

Comment

• Grotius
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
      The Liberals referred to Macedonia as Macedonia at all our meetings in February 2010.
      why, what did you call Macedonia at the meetings?

Comment

• Frank
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

What ever......

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Under what name did our boys play...?

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

good call Pheonix, That is what I would like to know too
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daniel the Great
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Under what name did our boys play...?
              Originally posted by julie View Post
              good call Pheonix, That is what I would like to know too

My guess would be FYR Macedonia, but i don't really know.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

Well this is the Australian Government website displaying the Macedonian embassy.

Last edited by Daniel the Great; 07-03-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Cheers Daniel
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                    Cheers Daniel

No problem Julie, i hate mentioning it but it is a fact in this racist country of Anglo-Saxon Australia.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

What, you mean the Former British Colony of Australia, FBAC, lol

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

Haha true true.

Comment

• MacoLionHeartSun
                          • Jun 2010

Great result, Let's take the opportunity marketing the Republic of Macedonia won the Australian embassy football games? (make sure the F word is exempt) I like Julie's FBAC idea, well said!

Comment

• Makedonetz
                            • Apr 2010

What do they do as these games? see who can staple pamplets the quickest?
                            Makedoncite se borat
                            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

Even a racist greek will say Macedonia (although it seems like they are constipated) under the right conditions...

Australia will not recognise us under our name and the UN talks are a perfect cover not to do so.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                                Even a racist greek will say Macedonia (although it seems like they are constipated) under the right conditions...

Australia will not recognise us under our name and the UN talks are a perfect cover not to do so.
                                Finally something we agree on.
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X