X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homer MakeDonski
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    The megalo-golemo and kade-deka examples show that re-arranged words generally have the same or similar meanings. If this is the rule, ...
    SoM
    What about Belasica
    If
    Me-Ga-Lo -
    Ga-Lo-Me
    Go-Le-mo

than
    Be-La-Si -ca out of case ending -ca
    Be-La-Si
    Si-Be-La
    Cy-Be-Le
    Thus would say that our toponyms has something ancient as well
    Belasi-ca i.e. one of the Earth Mother Goddesses name ?
    Last edited by Homer MakeDonski; 08-23-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      Bāgh (Persian: باغ) is a word common to Persian,[1] Kurdish, Lurish, Urdu and Azarbaijani and means garden and orchard, specifically one containing fruit- and flower-bearing trees.[2] In Persian, the plural of Bāgh is Bāgh-hā (باغها or باغ ها) and in kurdish, Baxan (بيغان).

In Armenian the word Bagh, pronounced Bakhg, means Garden or field. The Old Persian word Baga, or Bag, as in such word as Baghdād, means God [3][4] and should not be confused with Bāgh. Similarly for the Avestan word Bagh (note the difference between a and ā) and the Vedic Sanskrit word Bhag, both of which also mean God.[5]

The Russian language utilizes the words bakhcha (бахча) and bakhchevye kultury (бахчевые культуры) to designate melons and gourds.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagh_(garden)

And in Macedonian language we do have Bog for God and Bavcha for Garden.

The word "bagh" is Persian originated as you noted but it`s probably an ancient word cuz i just checked Turkish etymology web dictionary and it says that the word "bagh" was recorded in a 10th century Turkish texts. So, this word might even be from Sumerian, dunno.

On the other hand, the word "baghche, bakhcha" is Turkified version of it cuz the suffix "che, cha, chik, chuk" is a suffix to make things smaller. "Bagh" means field in turkish. "Bahçe, Baghche" means garden. There are lots of words like that in Turkish. I mean, we borrow a foreign word, then if it`s possible we create a new word from it by adding our suffixes. So Russians must have taken this word from Turkish and probably Macedonians too for the word "Bavcha".
      Last edited by Onur; 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Onur,

on the other hand I think you have adopted this word from us.

These words precede your arrival to Balkan sprachbund and your linguistic appearance in Middle East.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          Onur,

on the other hand I think you have adopted this word from us.

These words precede your arrival to Balkan sprachbund and your linguistic appearance in Middle East.

This might be the case as well. I cant be sure about that but both the suffix of "-che" and the meaning it adds to the word "bagh"(from "field" to "garden") corresponds with Turkish grammar rules.

Btw, i got another probable theory. The word "Bavcha" might came to Balkans at 8th century with Bulgars. There are some Turkish words still present in today`s Bulgarian which are not related with Ottoman influence cuz It`s been proved that they were using those words pre-Ottoman era.

Most famous example is the Bulgarian word "obicham" which means "I love...". In Turkish, we use same word(öpücük, öpüchem) for "I kiss..."
          Last edited by Onur; 08-23-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

The Turks use the word Bagh by way of the Persians, who share this word in common with Sanskrit, hence, the Baghavid Gita. All Slavic-speaking groups use the cognate of Bog for the same meaning, and this is attested in a Paleo-Balkan language through Phrygian.

Ultimately, it is an old PIE root that is shared Aryan and Slavic-speaking IE groups.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Som there is a lot written that we macedonians are descended from the Phrygian people.We know that the phrygian people ceased to exist but who are they?I read somewhere that perhaps they might be related to the caananites???
              Last edited by George S.; 08-24-2010, 12:14 AM. Reason: edit
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

George,

there is enough reading matherial on the net, please don't defocus this subject.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
                  • Jan 2010

I hope you won't mine repeating one post .
                  Well, i am sick of some ignorance. I am sorry, but it is nessesary to speak Macedonian to understand the following text. If you do, feel free to make any comments / join discusion. Bez Vlakna na Jazikot. I will start with the "Beginning" Od Prvoto. Proto(s) http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=proto&

It's over the word lamb and it does well fitted with a topic tittle
                  βάννε /'vannε/ ("lamb" for standard Greek αρνί) (cf. Cretan ϝαρήν).
                  Changes of V -J onto presen day Macedonian
                  eg.
                  Vaglen -Jaglen = Coal
                  vaze-jaze = rope
                  vadica - jadica - hook

Let's see Koine word
                  βάννε /'vannε/
                  and change the first letters
                  β/v -J
                  βάννε /'vannε/
                  [Javve or janne aka jagne =lamb

todays Greek language will state αρνί=lamb

todays Macedonian will state jagne =lamb
                  janne as wery close to present Bosnians dialectical *jannje or
                  janje= lamb

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Homer,

even in Slovakia they say Vajca for Jajca

Anyway, I have a task for everyone!

Go to www.translate.google.com and write < WORLD OF MOTHER >, then select translation from English to Hindi, and then press the Voice button

Enjoy

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
                      • Jan 2010

Bratot
                      even in Slovakia they say Vajca for Jajca
                      Was it you posting this note ?
                      “The Homeric MACEDONIAN SPEAKING LANGUAGE was increasing and gradually evolving into a more modern language, spreding and using a distinctive dialect from wich later came russian, polish, chroatian, slovakian, bulgarian, and other tongues, today they are known as slavic languages, based on the MACEDONIAN”. -1
                      You or anyone like you, I did save it I am very grateful for it .

There is one more sound opinion
                      A FB mate Методија Анѓелкоски has came foreword with it.He is typing:
                      Mom's World

same result
                      Методија Анѓелкоски Не сум по областа, ама мислам дека Македонскиот јазик е една од гранките на Индо-Европски јазици...
                      Она треба да е Mom's World, не World mother
                      17 August at 15:54 · Unlike · 1 person ·
                      Dali znaevte deka
                      _________
                      Source :
                      1-Hermann Kinder and Werner Hilgemann,“The Penguin Atlas of World History”1978 ....p.111. Vol.1
                      Last edited by Homer MakeDonski; 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Bratot
                        • Sep 2008

См. книгу "Империя". Напомним, что его образ в значительной степени состоит из
                        фрагментов биографий знаменитых османских = атаманских султанов
                        XV-XVI веков - Магомета II Завоевателя и Сулеймана I Великолепного.
                        Таким образом, в некоторых хрониках первых османских султанов
                        по-видимому называли МАКЕДОНЦАМИ, то есть - славянами. Слово
                        Македония могло означать просто Великий Дон, МАГ-ДОН, МЕГАС-ДОН, то
                        есть Великая Река.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Defintely Athens is not a greek name.If one searches one will find that the greeks are very good colonisers & borrowing other peoples words & adopting them.Also virtually all the Gods from greece are actually borrowed from macedonian.Even the word olympics is macedonian which comes from the word Ol the sun.The greeks are a bunch of copycats!
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
                            • Jan 2010

Old Avesta names
                            BAGHODAT: Created by God

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HomerMakeDonski
                              Let's see Koine word
                              βάννε /'vannε/
                              Homer, in which Koine dictionary is that word referenced? In the Oxford Classical Greek dictionary, which is centred on Attic, the word arnion for lamb exists.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
                                • Jan 2010

Since we have
                                A-lek-sa-an-dar at Babylon scripts!! discussion ,and Υ digamma changes mentioned at it,
                                The digamma survives even today as /v/ in the Modern Greek Tsakonian dialect, the only dialect not descended from ancient Koine Greek, the famous, and only, example being βάννε /'vannε/ ("lamb" for standard Greek αρνί) (cf. Cretan ϝαρήν).
                                I am searching for those references.
                                Sorry,so fare I have no success reaching them.

Comment

Working...
                                X