Hellenism NEVER exists, its all greek falsifications !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

No Borders, No Nations: Making Greece in Macedonia

Author: John Agnew

Affiliation: University of California, Los Angeles.

DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-8306.2007.00545.x

Annals od the Association of American Geographers, Volume 97, Issue 2, June 2007, pages 398 - 422.

Abstract

Macedonia's centrality to the making of Greece over the past century provides the empirical grounding for an exploration of how cultural-symbolic borrowing rather than cross-border othering has been crucial for border making in Modern Greece and, by extension, everywhere in the world.

There has been a recent revival in studies of borders between states and what they mean in relation to both the history of state formation and the effects of globalization on state power.

Typically, however, the borders between modern “nation-states” are seen as originating in cross-pressures between pairs of neighboring states just the same in Africa today as, say, in nineteenth-century France.

The wider contemporary geographical context may be invoked in terms of the “sides” taken in particular border disputes by other nearby states or by the Great Powers.

Rarely, however, is the wider historical-geopolitical context invoked as the primary source of the practices, simultaneously material and symbolic, that produce the desire for precise borders in the first place. With increased globalization, however, the making of Greece in Macedonia may become increasingly problematic because the political logic of all national border-making is increasingly in question.

P.S. Someone to add something ?
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      TerraNova, as you yourself do notice, Italy's flag is a version of the French one, thus your little propaganda stunt in 1995 is a joke, we had the Macedonian sun as our national flag long before you had your version of it.
      According only to current findings, the worshiping of the 8 and 16 rays SUN by Macedonians has roots 3000 years back.

But now we go even earlier plus 5000 years

Enjoy
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Sarafot
        • Dec 2008

Bravo! Hm? Where are our Ellini friends?
        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
        - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
          Bravo! Hm? Where are our Ellini friends?
          Do you seriously want to comment this stone....?

Comment

• Sarafot
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
            Do you seriously want to comment this stone....?
            You can comment the word ''ELA'' and ''Ellini'', in my language we use ela for come,how about you?
            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
              You can comment the word ''ELA'' and ''Ellini'', in my language we use ela for come,how about you?

We too.
              Since it's an ancient Greek word,i guess it's a loan.

Do you have any other idea?

Comment

• Sarafot
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                We too.
                Since it's an ancient Greek word,i guess it's a loan.

Do you have any other idea?
                How about ''ELLINI'' the one who commed?

Comment

• Venom
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                  This "historian" should apply to Oxford...I'm sure they need janitors for their toilet cleaning department.

Other than historical revisionism or sensationalism, do you have any proof beyond wild and unsubstantiated speculation?
                  PLEASE explain how you understood a word he said??!!
                  S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Vasil argues that the purpose was to destroy Old Christiandom which he argues was Macedonian, in language and faith.

I would have found this hard to believe, until I discovered that MOST of the old monastaries on Mt.Athos (we call Sveta Gora) were Macedonian, and that they too like most Macedonian objects, place names and churches were "hellenized" (i.e, given new names ..etc). These Macedonian monastaries once held vast libraries of rare and priceless Macedonian knowledge and literature, which the Greeks began copying and translating and destroying the old copies written in Macedonian. It was a "project" to destoy any and all traces of a Macedonian Christian civilization, and the MOST VALUABLE items was knowledge, i.e., literature, books, writing, parchment in the Macedonian langauge.

The Macedonian monks and priests new what was coming so they sent as much of it away as they could.

The earliest time we can identify where there appears to be a concerted campaign by the new Greeks to trace, hunt down anything "in Macedonian" and destroy it where ever in the world it may be dates back to the 1850s.

Vasil Bogov talks about a Macedonian Christian civilization (because the Albanians and the Greeks had no civilization of their own), and the efforts by Greeks to destroy all traces of a Macedonian christian civilization, i.e., destroy libraries, books, parchments, papers all written in Macedonian and other priceless treasures; to prove that from a ecclesiastical point of view the entire region of Macedonia was "Hellenic", even though a Greek patriarch was put in charge of all the christians of Ottoman Europe for the first time in 1850.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Do Greeks deny destroying Macedonian texts?
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Do Greeks deny destroying Macedonian texts?
                        I don't know. I don't even know if its been brought up before. Its probably something than needs to be brought up.

The only time I had read about it was in a book by someone 'Perry' on the Macedonians, and I recall that a Greek bishop went to Prilep and that there were huge bonfires of books taken from the homes of the Macedonians there.

V.Bogov, and Douglas Dakin have added a whole new dimension to the campaign, which according to Bogov appears to have really taken off around the time the Ottoman put a Greek as the head of all christians in Europe, which was sometime in the 1850's.

Comment

• Demos
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          PLEASE explain how you understood a word he said??!!
                          I didn't understand a word he said, but then again neither would Alexander the Great, Phillip, Philotas or any other Macedonians for that matter.

I'm sure though most people in Bulgaria would need no translation.

Comment

• Venom
                            • Sep 2008

Now that was a fucken STUPID response and if you were in front of me I'd break your nose. Anyways...

So what you're saying is you didn't understand a word he said but you still find the need to dismiss anything he said?!

Based on what???????
                            S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

neither would Alexander the Great, Phillip, Philotas or any other Macedonians for that matter.
                              Alexander the Great was as 'Greek' as the Africans in modern Greece, with whom he could have communicated in some sense using the adopted Greek language. Damn, I guess between Big Alekos, Shaka Zuloglou and yourself there is no stopping the "Hellenafricanabarbarianos" ethnos, lol.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                                Now that was a fucken STUPID response and if you were in front of me I'd break your nose. Anyways...

So what you're saying is you didn't understand a word he said but you still find the need to dismiss anything he said?!

Based on what???????
                                Feel free to comment on how you explain that this guy who is Bulgarian is able to read Macedonian newspaper articles word for word. How is it possible?

Bulgarian skata.... gone.
                                Last edited by Daskalot; 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: flushed

Comment

Working...
                                X