Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Just a warning for some that might find this as animal cruelty of two dogs fighting..

Mind you I do not condone this sort of thing I find it barbaric especially when it’s a organised fight..
    You have a Sharplaninec and if I’m not mistaken a Kangal Dog the national breed from the Kangal region of Turkey fighting..?

No surprise this fight was organised by a bunch of Albanians and I think it may be around the Tetovo region of Macedonia..

One positive thing out of it, is that The Macedonian Sharplaninec the smaller dog, overall one the fight from start to finish..
    What was disturbing out of it, was the other dog losing, actually surrendered but the Albanians kept encouraging the dogs to fight..
    I assuming they wanted to see a kill...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

Disgusting I hate seeing shit like this, why couldn't the dogs just attack those dirty shiptars around them. Смердени шиптари.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

What a tenacious dog!
        The video was disgusting but compelling.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

The Ukranian Ovcharka is no lap dog:

Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Looks like a polar bear.If it had dark spots it would be a panda.Massive dogs.A chiuwawa would look like a mouse compared to that dog.
            Last edited by George S.; 03-26-2012, 12:23 AM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Astibus
              • May 2012

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
              The TRUE type of Sarplaninac. Notice how he moves, how his body is structured, and look at just how dedicated he is to the kids. You can see something off in the distance has peaked his interest, and instead of running off to investigate, he looked ahead to the kids, ran in front of them and laid down TO STOP THEM from going closer to the threat and farther from his and his owners protective "circle". Every single time I watch this video, I get the goose bumps at the exact same spot. It is when he closes his mouth, fixes his eyes and ears in the direction of the "threat", and turns into his role, protecter of the family, Amazing dog.

Love the music
              TLwR, Thank you so much for your kind words! This is actually my dog Arx in the video. You are absolutely correct, true Macedonian Sharplaninci are phenomenal dogs. There's just nothing like them. By the way, Arx is still alive, I bred him once about three years ago to get 6 beautiful puppies out of him. I've retired him last year together with a female Shar on a remote goat farm in Montana. As it turns out, that farm happened to be severly infested with predators. Coyotes and wolves had frequently come by to snatch livestock before. This abruptly ended with my Shars on the ground - so much for retirement I guess. Well, they came one more time to go after the livestock as usual, got the full Sharplaninec experience never to return to that farm again. Zero losses in livestock ever since, not even little chicks are missing. In his old years Arx is still going strong, in fact last winter he decided to have one more litter of four male Shar pups. This dog never backed down against any adversary, in his life he gave more "dancing lessons" to predators than any dog should, yet he's always remained the most loving companion to his family. His loyalty and bravery greatly outshines what's in that video, I just didn't always have a camera around to film it.

There's simply no dog on this world like the Macedonian Sharplaninec.

Astibus

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Astibus View Post
                TLwR, Thank you so much for your kind words! This is actually my dog Arx in the video. You are absolutely correct, true Macedonian Sharplaninci are phenomenal dogs. There's just nothing like them. By the way, Arx is still alive, I bred him once about three years ago to get 6 beautiful puppies out of him. I've retired him last year together with a female Shar on a remote goat farm in Montana. As it turns out, that farm happened to be severly infested with predators. Coyotes and wolves had frequently come by to snatch livestock before. This abruptly ended with my Shars on the ground - so much for retirement I guess. Well, they came one more time to go after the livestock as usual, got the full Sharplaninec experience never to return to that farm again. Zero losses in livestock ever since, not even little chicks are missing. In his old years Arx is still going strong, in fact last winter he decided to have one more litter of four male Shar pups. This dog never backed down against any adversary, in his life he gave more "dancing lessons" to predators than any dog should, yet he's always remained the most loving companion to his family. His loyalty and bravery greatly outshines what's in that video, I just didn't always have a camera around to film it.

Astibus
                What a great first post!
                Welcome Astibus.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i've seen the sharplaninec in action in macedonia.They guard the sheep,obey the shepherd.Very playfull.If the master is not there & you walk in & the dog doesn't know you it will literally rip you to shreds.Vry placid when the master is around.It will follow the masters commands.I'm told it behaves like a child when the master is around, very obedient to the master..
                  Last edited by George S.; 05-22-2012, 03:34 AM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Astibus View Post

Astibus
                    No, thank you Astibus for sharing this with us
                    Amazing dog and a amazing breed
                    What made you choose the Macedonian Sharplaninec ..?
                    I see you live in Montana USA, and you chose the name Astibus are you originally from Stip..?
                    Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Astibus
                      • May 2012

Hi TLwR,

Yes, I am originally from Stip, I was born there. I remember the mighty Shar since my early childhood, it may even have been the first dog I've ever seen. My father and grandfather also told me countless stories about Sharplaninci, wolves and bears. Later on my parents immigrated (with me) to Germany for work, and as a young adult I moved on to the US. I love it here in Montana, but I also miss Macedonia a lot actually. So I decided to go back one day and import a puppy. Then another, then eventually I started breeding them. Somehow they are my daily reminder of my rich heritage, if you will. Here in the US I also employ them as 'ambassadors', i.e. as living proof for what amazing treasures Macedonia has to offer to the world. Once Americans experience the Shar in person, they are more likely to believe that there's much more to this small country named Macedonia than at first glance. ... And on a lighter note, it's really fun having these grumpy, stubborn companions around. LOL

Astibus
                      Last edited by Astibus; 05-24-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                        • Jan 2009

Here in the US I also employ them as 'ambassadors', i.e. as living proof for what amazing treasures Macedonia has to offer to the world
                        You know what, I didn't look it that way...
                        Your right the Macedonian Sharplaninec that are living outside of Macedonia should be used as Ambassadors of Macedonia
                        Pozdrav

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

Comment

• Perun
                            • Jul 2012

The sharplaninec is dog-genius. Not only are they the most intelligent breed of dogs I've ever seen in my life (they practically UNDERSTAND what their owner says to them), but they're also the most loyal.
                            A friend of mine owned one until about 5 years ago. The dog knew who I was since it was a pup. We used to play with it when we were kids, walk it, even took it camping with us. Then, one day, about 3-4 years after - when it was fully grown - I went to visit my friend. We were joking around, and I grabbed my friend as if I was arresting him (we were still kids, lol), and when the dog saw me do this - it leaped towards me, threw me to the ground and placed his huge open jaw just above my neck. No need to say it, but I was frightened. My friend realized what's going on, and he just said "No!". And it immediately got off me, and started wagging its tail in a friendly manner.

Did this make me hate or fear the dog after? -Not at all! It just increased the respect I already had for it. It was protecting his master, and I was the only one to blame in the situation. But I was much more careful when playing with my friend after that... :P
                            Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Perun, it is my dream to hopefully have one of these beautiful dogs hopefully in less than a year - I had a love affair happen with a 4 month old pup who was BIG at the Bay of Bones Lake Ohrid, would not let me go, wanted to play, they are gorgeous animals
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Perun View Post
                                The sharplaninec is dog-genius. Not only are they the most intelligent breed of dogs I've ever seen in my life (they practically UNDERSTAND what their owner says to them), but they're also the most loyal.
                                A friend of mine owned one until about 5 years ago. The dog knew who I was since it was a pup. We used to play with it when we were kids, walk it, even took it camping with us. Then, one day, about 3-4 years after - when it was fully grown - I went to visit my friend. We were joking around, and I grabbed my friend as if I was arresting him (we were still kids, lol), and when the dog saw me do this - it leaped towards me, threw me to the ground and placed his huge open jaw just above my neck. No need to say it, but I was frightened. My friend realized what's going on, and he just said "No!". And it immediately got off me, and started wagging its tail in a friendly manner.

Did this make me hate or fear the dog after? -Not at all! It just increased the respect I already had for it. It was protecting his master, and I was the only one to blame in the situation. But I was much more careful when playing with my friend after that... :P
                                Welcome Perun,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us...
                                A superb, Loyal and obedient dog, one can really say and describe the sharplaninec as "Man best friend"....

Comment

Working...
                                X