Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Interesting topic and information. I would like to see more on the origins of Ataturk and other Turks from Macedonia.

Pelister, would the population of Turks in Macedonia during this period be largely made up of Janissaries and Muslim Macedonians as opposed to Albanians and actual Turks? What are you thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• VMRO
    replied
    I have read that his mother was of Macedonian ethnicity, however there is also other accounts that say he was of Jewish stock, i will post later where i got this information, there is a lot of conflicting information in regards to Attaturk's ethnicity.

Leave a comment:

• Pelister
    replied
    Isn't that interesting.

In my studies I've come across alot of Turks who were instrumental in the young Turk movement, and most of them were born in Macedonia.

It would be interesting to break it down to see just who came from where, and what their ethnic make up was.

Leave a comment:

• Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and his Macedonian ancestry

The Father of All the Turks (who left no legitimate heirs) was born in 1881 in Salonika, then part of the Ottoman Empire, of a mild Albanian father and a forceful Macedonian mother. Mustafa was a rebel from the start. His pious Mohammedan mother urged him to become a holy man, but he became a soldier; at 22, a captain, he rebelled against the Sultan and was nearly executed; at 27, he joined the Young Turks rebellion, then rebelled against the Young Turks. The army, fearful of him, shunted him from post to post, but could neither shake him nor subdue him. At Gallipoli, in 1915, he defeated the British; in the Caucasus, he checked the Russians; in Berlin, 1918, he drunkenly needled the high panjandrum of his allies, Field Marshal von Hindenburg; in Arabia, 1918, he held off T. E. Lawrence's Bedouin hordes. At 38, he came out of the crash of the Ottoman Empire the only Turkish commander untouched by defeat.
    Source: Time Magazine, Monday, Oct. 12, 1953.

The TRUTH will be known!
Working...
X