Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

well wheres onur to answer that.I would presume they would be but greeks seem to hate any statues of anyone.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
      • Jun 2011

A statue of ataturk belongs in Turkey if anything...he is the father of all Turks and regarded himself as 100% Turkish and nothing else through his entire lifetime. It's like taking Einsteins statue from Israel and putting it in Germany because he has partial German ethnicity, even though Einstein identified himself only as Jewish. You'd be basically pulling one on yourselves.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

You know how macedonia has friendly relations with turkey & also attaturk was born i think in solun & grew up & was educated in bitola that would be very fitting.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Mislam ovoj se preprava i ne lazi.Se znait deka e so nivnite i ne lazit.
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Ofc Turkish people would be very glad to hear that.

Dimko, you say big but how big it will be? I mean, a regular sized one beside his military academy school would be OK.

He was born in Salonika but today`s Salonika is completely different than his time. When he was born there, it was Macedonia but now it is not. Also, he lived in there `till he was 14 and then he was in Bitola afterwards. Bitola is not that different tough. It`s still in Macedonia, with more Albanians and less Turks but nevertheless, it`s Macedonia again.

SirGeorge, if there is no Einstein statue in Germany today, that`s Germany`s problem and if you looking for who belongs where, then i gotta remind you that Einstein had no relation with Israel in middle-east. Also, Ataturk was the Einstein of world politics. It`s a fact that he was one the greatest leaders of 20th century. While Italy had Mussolini, Germans had Hitler and Metaxas in Greece, we had Ataturk here doing series of reforms which was ahead of his era like giving woman rights to select and to be elected decades before the European countries like France, Sweden etc. and many other things.

He was also one of the greatest soldier of 20th century b4 he became a politician, by defeating British empire in Canakkale/Gallipoli, Italy in Libya, French in southeastern side of Turkey, British backed Greeks in Aegean. Already, that`s why Turkey was the one and only country who were able to decide his own destiny while being on the loser side in WW-1. Others like Germany (Austria), Hungary torn up to pieces.

Actually, not only Ataturk, nearly all the masterminds of new Turkish republic and it`s reforms was mainly from Bitola and then Skopje and Salonika. They were all friends when Ataturk was a young military officer in Macedonia.
            Last edited by Onur; 06-24-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

IF they say they are putting up a statue to ataturk then i think they are putting one up.The size i don't know.In my opinion one in bitola would be nice.Onur lets see if the greeks are offended by that.We can call it soldier with no horse.Incidentally i don't know if it is right or wrong but if the british etc were'nt fighting turkey in gallipoli the germans would have asked turkey to help them in the first world war & both the british & french would have lost.Any way correct me if i'm wrong.
              Last edited by George S.; 06-24-2011, 05:55 PM. Reason: ed
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Ataturk was half macedonian , born and raised and lived in Macedonia . It was documented he cried with the partitioning of Macedonia . I think it would be fitting to have a statue in bitola of him seeing they are putting crap up for Albanian refugees who terrorised our people10 years ago . Sir george is showing his greek anti turk stance . The Turks have a huge memorial at anzac cove gallipoli for our aussie soldiers fallen in the great war . On their soil , its a dedication to a great part Macedonian man , and Turks am sure would be honoured . Ovaj grk tuka e tuka da ne zajabeva I se preprava ke vidite posle vreme site po zborovite toj e protiv nash narod se preprava . I jas ne sakam da pulam grchkiot zname na ovaj forum .
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

golem lazgo so takvo zname julie i mislit deka ke ne zajabavat.Toj mozi da e nekoj od budalite so gi izbrkaat od forumot.Jac nesakam luge so ne lazat samo cekam nesto da recit.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Isto I jas mislam taka nemam nikakvo povorenie sprema niv
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Dimko after all the statues have been errected i want one of my own errected with the finger sticking it up giving it to greece that one will have to be the biggest there is.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

I don't think Greeks would care about that but probably they say something like "Skopians praising the Ottoman era" even tough Mustafa Kemal was the man who officially ended the Ottoman empire.

British&French attacked from Gallipoli cuz they wanted to capture Istanbul in the first year of the war to be able to end the war as soon as possible. Also their main goal was to invade energy sources in Ottoman middle-east (today`s Iraq and Arabian states) which was recently discovered at that time. They achieved that by letting us waste our sources in the heart of Anatolia in Gallipoli, so we couldn't handle the situation in middle-east afterwards. Turkey lost about ~250.000 soldiers in there while British&French only lost few battleships cuz all of their soldiers was from their colonies, mostly the Aussies who had no idea where was Turkey and what kind of trouble they were going to be involved in there b4 coming in to the battlefield. Brits simply put young Aussies in to the ships, gave them only 1-2 month of military training in India and then deported them in to the battlefield. I think about ~200.000 Aussie soldiers died in there while most of the British casualties was because of the sunken battleships. They were used as a tool for weakening Turkey`s resources in the first year of the war.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

AusItalians were cannon fodder for the brits and are always greatful to turkey for that recognition , many were young, 15 year old babies , and half million casualties on both sides thanks to the brits decision

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                            • Jun 2011

Yes, Brits know how to resource cannon fodder better than anyone else. They did the same thing with Greeks who fought by their side in Crete and other places in ww2, but can they complain seeing as how they retreated German occupation? They've done it in the UK, India, Africa, Southeast asia...I guess it's a famous tactic for them.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

the brits stand out like the proverbials.Don't let the stiff upper lip fool you they are the worst in the world & could teach people about how to committ attrocities.
                              Last edited by George S.; 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: edit
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Volk
                                • Sep 2008

Building a statue of Ataturk just dilutes the significance of the other statues. Not because Ataturk was not a great person, but because he was not Macedonian, he was Turkish and created and fought for the modern Turkish state.

He did absolutely nothing for Macedonia (from what I am aware of) and gives the impression we just build statues for PEOPLE from Macedonia NOT Macedonians! thus reducing our claim to the people we have built statues for
                                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

Working...
                                X