Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

To AH Alexander did not spread hellenism as you state earlier onIn fact Alexander spread Macedonism..Fact Alexanders army was was a Macedonian army & not a greek one evidence shows that the greeks were fighting with the Persians AGAINST The Macedonians.THe Ptolemies were Macedonian Generals who were rewarded with kingship after alexander.FAct Greece was not a country prior to 1832 only after 1832 i hope you got that.
    Last edited by George S.; 11-09-2009, 04:28 AM. Reason: edit
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• afterhours
      Banned
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
      my point is MAN, your view MAN is very narrow MAN and is only presented MAN to serve your purpose MAN

here is Harold Lamb pg 66 of his book 'Alexander of Macedon' written in 1946, MAN

Note the underlined part from Isocrates MAN. Philip was not actually a Greek MAN according to this source MAN

Hey man, we've come a long way since 1946.....who's Harold Lamb again? Old age MAN!!!

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by afterhours View Post
        Prove what exactly? That the museums that I've cited portray the Macedonians in a certain light? A light that isn't conducive to your take on history?

What you gonna do mang?!
        Prove all historians are in agreement that the ancients of Macedon spoke Greek and only Greek and had no other language of their own

and you're right punk, we have come a long way since 1946. shame the met and louvre haven't
        Last edited by Bij; 11-09-2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• afterhours
          Banned
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          To AH Alexander did not spread hellenism as you state earlier onIn fact Alexander spread Macedonism..Fact Alexanders army was was a Macedonian army & not a greek one evidence shows that the greeks were fighting with the Persians AGAINST The Macedonians.THe Ptolemies were Macedonian Generals who were rewarded with kingship after alexander.FAct Greece was not a country prior to 1832 only after 1832 i hope you got that.
          Mercinaries existed in every civilzation and throughout every time period! Nothing new here mang!

Here....go to a museum!
          “An abridged list of rulers for the ancient Greek world concentrating on the Hellenistic age (323–31 B.C.), after the time of Alexander the Great. In the preceding centuries, Greek city-states were governed by a variety of entities, including kings, oligarchies, tyrants, and, as in the case of Athens, a democracy.”

Digest that a bit Geo!

Comment

• afterhours
            Banned
            • Sep 2009

Prove all historians are in agreement that the ancients of Macedon spoke Greek and only Greek and had no other language of their own
            Dude, go to your local library! What the fuck do you want from me? I'm just the messenger!

and you're right punk, we have come a long way since 1946. shame the met and louvre haven't

Punk?
            Yeah, I like punk rock music....thank you very much!

Shame on The Met, The Louvre, The British Museum, The State Hermitage, The Field Museum, The Smithsonian, etc.....all these institutions are stuck in the stoneage, whereas you guys are a beacon of light in an otherwise dark universe!

You crack me up mang!

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

oh look! the GETTY FOUNDATION funding a study to prove ATG didn't spread hellenism!

Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for.Please try another menu item or go back to the homepage >>

and here are some back threads for you to read about history, i mean, why not? it's archaeology afterall!
              The following is from Brian R. Sullivan. Enjoy modern "greeks" :ostrich http://books.google.com/books?id=TSxud2zjVEgC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=williamson+murray+ancient+macedonians&source=bl&ots=FjQH9zhhmd&sig=84Rd3h8IVQwAkFtXRhRdnZiam3I

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/92479 Hellenization of the Ancient Macedonians Gandeto February 26, 2009 Greeks, in the past twenty or so years have embarked on a mission to show the world that Ancient Macedonians spoke a Greek dialect and thus, must be classed as Greeks. In fact we rarely find
              Last edited by Bij; 11-09-2009, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• Bij
                • Oct 2009

Dude, go to your local library! What the fuck do you want from me? I'm just the messenger!
                messenger of what? pro hellenistic bavarian brain washing? do you drive a BMW too?

i will take this statement as a vow of defeat then

Comment

• afterhours
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

messenger of what? pro hellenistic bavarian brain washing? do you drive a BMW too?
                  I drive an Avanti

i will take this statement as a vow of defeat then
                  How so?

Comment

• afterhours
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2009

[QUOTE=Bij;26516]oh look! the GETTY FOUNDATION funding a study to prove ATG didn't spread hellenism!

Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for.Please try another menu item or go back to the homepage >>

I had no idea that The University of California was in cahoots with Stanford, USC, UCLA, etc!

and here are some back threads for you to read about history, i mean, why not? it's archaeology afterall!
                    The following is from Brian R. Sullivan. Enjoy modern "greeks" :ostrich http://books.google.com/books?id=TSxud2zjVEgC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=williamson+murray+ancient+macedonians&source=bl&ots=FjQH9zhhmd&sig=84Rd3h8IVQwAkFtXRhRdnZiam3I

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...read.php?t=915
                    Dude, I give you The Smithsonian, The Louvre, and The Hermitage....and you give me biased material?

Come on mang!

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

go to bed, afterhours. you're clearly not thinking straight

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

AH thanks for the link to your MUSEUM! what did i find BIAS! it says that the Macedonian KIngs were Greeks.False they were Macedonian.The rise of Macedonia & Conquests of Alexander the Great.What did i see there bIAS as to it all being appropriated as GReek.Why are they doing it so that they can say its ALL Greek.(to Me)
                        When we see how many greeks fought with the Macedonian Army we see that there were hardly any.What we see is heaps of greeks fighting with the Persians aGAINST
                        the Macedonians.What does Greece trying to do to appropriate Macedonian history & etc to say its all Greek even though Macedonian & Greek people are different.Macedonian aRT is completely different to Greek Art.What does GReece want you to beleive that's the same.On this LInk it says that Hellenism spread after Alexander the great died.This is totally false.On this link there are heaps & heaps of anomalies where history is not reported in a distinctruthful fashion it's hell bent on just saying its all Greek.Come on AH you must think were stupid or something.We can see right through this link & it's not convincing as it omits clear historical differences & denies reality.You guys need a reality CHECK.
                        Last edited by George S.; 11-09-2009, 06:18 AM. Reason: edit
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• afterhours
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2009

I always think straight in the early hours of morning!

Ps, I'm a dj, so I spin every weekend and then I hit the afterhours parties. My head wasn't screwed on straight for a reason!

Comment

• afterhours
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2009

That's the way I like it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Afterhours, I have no desire to read your profanity here. I see no need for it and do not think it helps your credibility.

Let me summarise your presence on this forum:

You feel that Universities and Museums calling historical artifacts as Greek justifies something that we are clearly not understanding. I suspect it is the Greekness of Macedonians.

You have stayed well clear of defining ethnocide even though you gave the impression there has not been such a thing endured by Macedonians. You have helped perpetuate the ridiculous myth that modern Greeks have something to with the various antique races that are erroneously described as Greeks. We are supposed to look at a glass vase that is described as being Greek and endure dramatic introspective moments as we wonder about our mistaken sense of Macedonian identity. Are you really all there sweetie? Perhaps the ecstasy tablets are clouding your mind.

Let me ask you this .... what is ancient Greek on you?
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonin
                                • Sep 2008

you give me biased material?
                                If it does not fit your agenda, everything is biased. BUT before you don't prove it is biased, your word ain't worth taking it for.

If we were to play your game, we would say, that those museums you so kindly posted support your agenda cause they have to protect their little creation called greece.

Take look at this, just in case you managed not to see it from the other thread:

Original caption: 1897.

So prove it, that your museums are not biased!
                                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X