Why all the names of the cities of the people and months and gods were greek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. MASO
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
    Mr. Maso, that is trash. Don't get it wrong, but that is not what we should rely upon.
    Sorry makedonin, wasnt so sure it was reliable as well anyway just needed some view on it.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ATHANASIOS View Post
      i am expecting the meaning of the names in your language.

the funny thing is that many of the names listed here were found mostly in Makedonia Amuntas lets say or Karanos or Antipatros or Antigonos
      these are pure greek names and the fact that are found almost only in Macedonia sows that the Makedonika were pure reek dialect with the ability to built names.

i chalenge you give me any atymology please
      I will, as soon as your answer the handful of questions that I have asked you for the 50th time. You are claiming all Macedonian names to be Greek, then when I challenge you, you ask me what the etymology of the names are in other languages?

Can you not back up your own words? Should I list the questions again, or can you flick back a couple pages and provide a reply? You are the one who came to this Macedonian forum making all of these wild and baseless claims, time to start backing your garbage up.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. MASO View Post
        Sorry makedonin, wasnt so sure it was reliable as well anyway just needed some view on it.
        Don't be sorry. It is ok.

It is true that there are Homeric words present in our language. But to make a statement that the Greek tongue is Macedonian is far fetched.
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Mr. MASO
          • Jan 2009

i really don't understand you i am sorry

ok i'll change it
          U claim "The greek language exists here in Makedonia for 4000 years" .

The Emperor quickly chose to send Constantine, accompanied by his brother Methodius, justifying his decision with the words "You two are from Salonika, and all Thessalonians speak pure Slavonic."

1. Doesnt this quote state the fact that if they speak slavonic in Thessalonika means that greek language was never spoken at all in Macedonia.

2. And for those 1000 years why were these "slavophones" speaking Slavonic when you claim 4000 years of the greek language spoken in macedonia.

Anyway if you want your answers, you have to answer all the questions. Including SOM'S and I hope you'd have the answers to those ones from som cause it get more embarressing as time progresses for you.

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
            Banned
            • Sep 2009

Don't be sorry. It is ok.

It is true that there are Homeric words present in our language. But to make a statement that the Greek tongue is Macedonian is far fetched.
            your language is slavic without any doubt
            this is a fact

i am not talking about your language but for the language of ancient Makedones

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
              Banned
              • Sep 2009

ok i'll change it

The Emperor quickly chose to send Constantine, accompanied by his brother Methodius, justifying his decision with the words "You two are from Salonika, and all Thessalonians speak pure Slavonic."

1. Doesnt this quote state the fact that if they speak slavonic in Thessalonika means that greek language was never spoken at all in Macedonia.

2. And for those 1000 years why were these "slavophones" speaking Slavonic when you claim 4000 years of the greek language spoken in macedonia.

Anyway if you want your answers, you have to answer all the questions. Including SOM'S and I hope you'd have the answers to those ones from som cause it get more embarressing as time progresses for you.

slavic people and slavophones were indeed here in Makedonia

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

slavic people and slavophones were indeed here in Makedonia
                You will refer to us as Macedonians or you can go back to your Prosfiga horio gajduri, katalaveno?

We are not here to amuse you. Understand or get lost, you are of no need to us.
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

ok i'll change it

there are 6000

there are 6000+ inscription here in Makedonia all in Greek do you deny that ?

i tend to believe that you have a psychological denial problem
                  i post many times about the names i haven't received any answer

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    You will refer to us as Macedonians or you can go back to your Prosfiga horio gajduri, katalaveno?

We are not here to amuse you. Understand or get lost, you are of no need to us.

i told you do what ever you whant since you cannot confront the truth

in fact the donkeys are very nice amable animals thank you

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

Comparing your self with odysseus shows your lunacy.

And with that said Case closed!

speak the truth

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

i told you do what ever you whant since you cannot confront the truth

in fact the donkeys are very nice amable animals thank you
                        Then we have an agreement, goodbye, you are hence forth banned.
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

14 pages of dribble by an intellectually challenged birdbrain from Salonika's Turkosporoi community. These people really are deluded.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

Another one bites the dust

Comment

• El Bre
                              • Sep 2008

no ofcourse not my objection here is that there is a delibarate continous ignorance of all the archeological and historical findings.
                              you know it is very easy to defend the obvious but it is very hard to accept the truth

slavic tribes are a part of the region which politicaly called Macedonia during the centuries but the slavic tribes has nothing to do with Ancient Macedonia on the other hand Greek culture and language and ethima as we call them exists here as a core of the Macedones
                              for thousands of years.

i am not trying to change things and i tend to study history from foreign neutral sources
                              thank you
                              I know this member has been banned, but I just couldn't leave this one alone.

When discussing Macedonia, the greek argument, as above, always gets stalled in antiquity. The slavic tribes may or may not have any relevance to Ancient Macedonia, this is beside the point. Macedonian history doesn't begin and end in the hellenistic period. What is important in this debate is not was Macedonia was, but what it became.

Another often used but equally dubious argument that would have undoubtedly been put forth had the member not been banned is the haggared "Geographic Ancient Macedonia didn't include medievil Macedonia". This in my opinion is nonsensical. Historiacally various regions of the world have expanded and sometimes contracted. The history of Macedonia has been fluid and to simply take a snapshot in time is doing it's history an injustice.
                              Last edited by El Bre; 09-24-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                                Another often used but equally dubious argument that would have undoubtedly been put forth had the member not been banned is the haggared "Geographic Ancient Macedonia didn't include medievil Macedonia". This in my opinion is nonsensical. Historiacally various regions of the world have expanded and sometimes contracted. The history of Macedonia has been fluid and to simply take a snapshot in time is doing it's history an injustice.

Evangelos Kofos
                                :"....The period between 1878 and 1886, covers the critical years from the Congress of Berlin to the annexation of Eastern Rumelia by Bulgaria, when Greek policy on the Macedonian Question was undergoing a general reappraisal. Balkan historiography tends to view this policy in terms of its adverse effects on the national movements of the other Balkan nationalities; it is understandable. Now, with the aid of hitherto untapped archival material—mostly from the Archives of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs (AYE) this paper will attempt to examine how Greek policy was formulated, what its aims were and how it was carried out.

Prior to the 70’s, the Greeks viewed Macedonia as one of the Ottoman regions which would form part of an enlarged Greek state....

To support their claim, the Greeks argued on a number of points. Historically, they sought to trace the region’s hellenic ties all the way back to antiquity and Alexander the Great. Ethnologically, they identified the nationality of the inhabitants on the basis of their Church affiliation; and this meant the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. Politically, they felt they could move into a vacuum, once the Empire collapsed. Serbia was a small and far away state, while Bulgaria did not even exist an the political map of the Balkans.

With such reasoning in the 40’s, 50’s, and even the 60’s, the Greeks of Athens were betraying an ignorance of basic facts about the situation in Macedonia, and the Balkans as a whole. Their distorted vision, however, prevented them from drawing out a realistic policy in their discussions for an alliance with the Serbs in the 60’, as well as in the ecclesiastical dispute with the Bulgarians.

Their illusions, however, were shattered by the events of the 70’s. First came the establishment of a Bulgarian National Church, by Ottoman firman. Then followed the San Stefano treaty, which placed under Bulgarian rule—on paper at least—most of the Macedonian districts. Both these developments, which affected Macedonia, came about as a result of forces which Hellenism could not control. Greek reaction to both occasions was negative. On the San Stefano treaty, they sided with the revisionist Balkan and European Powers. And although, at the Congress of Berlin the voice of the Greek Kingdom was no more than a whisper, the "Greek card" was used by Western diplomats—particularly the British—in order to restore Macedonia and Thrace to Ottoman rule.

So the stage had been set at Berlin for a long inter-Balkan conflict. The political status of Macedonia had remained unaltered. But the Macedonian Question had taken up new dimensions....."

So, there was a time when they claimed it was all Macedonia! Someone should remind BakoYani, Karamanli and the rest of the Neo-Hellenes about historical revisionism and rewriting of history that is set in stone. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X