Why all the names of the cities of the people and months and gods were greek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Agamoi Thytai,

Help me out here champ. I could be wrong but how would you pronounce this,

Using the chart below, i think its "ELAZ"

Is this correct? and what would that word mean?
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Serdarot
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai View Post

If someone is called Risto his name derives from Christos.

how could i miss this

You donīt see similarities between Orest and Riste / Risto?

A-Risto-tel must be turning in his grave, when "watching" what kind of idiots are trying to convince the world that they are his descants

AT, dude, i dont know with what they are feeding you in your country, but change something, this is not good for the human race...
      Bratot:
      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Serdarot,

Check this out.

Many classical scholars teach the world that the Greek language is entirely Indo-European. This view of Greek is wrong.

Dr. Anna Morpurgo Davies, has made it clear that "less than 40% of the words which have an Indo-European etymology". According to Dr. Davies, 52.2 % of the Greek terms in Chantraine's Dictionnaire Etymologique de la langue Grecque (1968) have an unknown etymology. The mixed nature of the Greek language results from the early settlement of the Aegean by Blacks from Africa.

Some of these words are of African origin. Robert K.G. Temple, in The Sirius Mystery, shows that many of the most common words of the Greek vocabulary are of Egyptian origin. Diop (1991) has also discussed the Egyptian origin for many Greek terms.
        I suppose the likes of Dr Anna Davies and Robert Temple will not be good enough for AT or he will claim they are Macedonian. He picks and chooses who is respected and who is not acording to what he wants to believe. AT is the Judge.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Serdarot
          • Feb 2010

Bill, that is great citation

They must be Tito-paid propagators , or some crazy skopianos, to claim that the (non exsiting) blond greeks with blue eyes have african ancestors :P

From Plato to this days, there was never a mystery that the Ancient Greeks were settlers, who loaned many words from the natives. It is "mystery" only for our souther neighbors, who are ashamed from their origins and their true identity (without reason, there is nothing shamefull to have African or Asian origin), and try to steal our Identity, claiming to be descants from OUR ancestors. (our = Macedonian)

@ AG:

And before i go to do some shoping:

You mentioned one of THOSE Macedonian names, beside Aleksandro and Filip.

Dimitri / Demetar / Dimitrius and all other variations of that name.

Will you say it means "Earth Mother"?

Do you have a female veersion of the name Dimitri?
          Last edited by Serdarot; 01-05-2011, 05:24 AM.
          Bratot:
          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Regarding greek names they weren't originally greek they were macedonian.

The golden 16 pointed sub symbol is an indication that the ancient macedonians revered/worshiped the sun god "iliy".THe greeks adopted the sun god & called him helios in about 1600 bc .To prove that macedonian names existed in ancient times prior to the greeks adopting them..Philip>Ph-ili-p,Aleksander>Ale.iliy,San>sun,Dar>gift(gift of iliy,The sun god)Note ilija (male) ilinka (female).The modern greeks hellenised these names eg Philip>philipos,Aleksander>Alexandros,Ilija>ilias,
            Ph-ilip>ph-ilip>iliy leo>lion>ilion>iliy the sun god in the form of a lion.)
            Illiad means "the land of the sun"
            Last edited by George S.; 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM. Reason: edit
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

George, i dont agree with the "translation" of Iliad as "the land of the sun"

Ad / Had is the Hell or hole.

Iliad translated would be: Ili-Ad, where Ili is Ilion or Troy, and Ad is Ad (Had, Hades, Hell)

na Makedonski: Pekolot na Ilion, ili Iliad(a)

further, the letter "j" is "new", or said otherway, i guess the Ancient Macedonians didnīt used it.

It is
              Ilo
              Ile
              Ilia
              Ilko
              Ilina
              Ilinka
              Ilino
              Eleno

hint: Ele , Eli, Ile, Ili <--- all names for God

another hint: we have sort of soil called "ilovina", "ilovica". Mother Earth as Godess, Mother Earth

And it is also (most probably) Aleksandro or Alesh-andro
              Bratot:

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Serdarot Iliy is the name of the sun god.The The macedonians worshipped the sun.The greeks a re very good at colonising b& copying other people about1600 bc they adopted the sun god & called him Helios.After that they hellenised all the macedonian names.For example phillip is a derivation of the sun god meaning lion & aleksandar is a gift of the sun god.Also the macedonians had a 16 ray sun that shows that they worshipped the sun.Tye modern greeks don't realy know & understand their
                history.They even adopted the koine language which is not even greek.That's what happens when you are brainwashed at the greek schools with government fed propaganda.They are taught to take pride in crap when they are unrelated to the ancients & everything is simply copied & hellensied then they say hey this is greek what utter BS.What simpletons.The problem is they beleive all that shit.
                Last edited by George S.; 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Akzion
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  I could be wrong but how would you pronounce this,

Is this correct? and what would that word mean?
                  As far as I know there's no such word (unless it is misspelled). Where did you find it?
                  No, it would sound as elas. You're confusing zeta (ζ) with word-final sigma (ς).

Comment

• Akzion
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2010

Serdarot, George S.,
                    (Before you write a book about it),
                    it's Ilias with an s. Iliad is the Latin transliteration of the Greek word.

Comment

• Akzion
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
                      how could i miss this

You donīt see similarities between Orest and Riste / Risto?

A-Risto-tel must be turning in his grave, when "watching" what kind of idiots are trying to convince the world that they are his descants

AT, dude, i dont know with what they are feeding you in your country, but change something, this is not good for the human race...
                      I admit I thought Risto is a diminutive of Christos (maybe because of Risto Stefov). Isn't this the case? You tell me.
                      I could find that name only in 20th Century and I see it is very common in Finland and the Baltic States (where it's usually a diminutive of Christopher) and it also appears in all former-Yugoslavia countries.
                      Greek similar names are
                      Christos or Christophoros (Greek words)
                      Aristos (usually a diminutive of Aristotelis or Aristidis) (the root word is aristos=excellent).
                      Orestis is a rather different case. It is believed that it comes from oros=mountain.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I have no (personal) doubt that Risto comes from Christian influences.
                        I have some doubt as to whether Jesus was in fact Greek ... but think if we let the Greeks have their way long enough, it may well be the case.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Akzion
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2010

Dimitri / Demetar / Dimitrius and all other variations of that name.
                          Will you say it means "Earth Mother"?
                          Do you have a female veersion of the name Dimitri?
                          Yes, the name Dimitrios (Demetrius in Latin) comes from Goddess Demeter (a female name, Dimitra is the common modern equivalent).

Comment

• Serdarot
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Akzion View Post
                            Serdarot, George S.,
                            (Before you write a book about it),
                            it's Ilias with an s. Iliad is the Latin transliteration of the Greek word.
                            it is MAYBE ilias how the Ancient Greeks saved it / pronounced it.

On Macedonian it is Iliada.

The half-literate Ancident Greek, specialy Homer, if he ever existed, wrote so much as they could understand

Or it is new to you, that most of the serious scientist never agreed that Homer is the Author of those works?

busy watching something with my wife, some ethymologies you can find in one topic opened by me, something like

Serdar von Makedon invites you on Ethymology Excursions

but you need to understand Macedonian, to understand the ethymologies.

Once you understand , at best Lerin-Kostur dialect, all names have perfect meaning
                            Last edited by Serdarot; 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM.
                            Bratot:

Comment

• Akzion
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2010

it is MAYBE ilias how the Ancient Greeks saved it / pronounced it.

On Macedonian it is Iliada.
                              It is Iliada in Modern Greek (just as Hellas is Ellada). These forms came from the genitive and accusative cases of the original words (nom: Ilias, gen: Iliados, acc: Iliada)

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

Maybe you already know that but there is one interesting coincidence with Homer`s Iliad. There is a Jewish prophet named Elijah. He was related with sun, rain and thunderstorms in folkloric traditions and it`s believed to be that Elijah opposed the landlords and helped Jewish people by leading them.

The thing is, the name "Elijah" is the westernized, latinized, christianized version of it. His real name in Hebrew is "Ilias or Ilyas". He is also mentioned as "Ilyas" in original Arabic Koran. According to Jewish sources, the prophet Ilias(or Ilyas) lived in 9th century BC, few decades b4 Iliad started to be composed in Anatolia.

All in all, i agree with Serdarot about the etymological origins of many ancient Greek words actually comes from semitic languages. This was probably the result of cultural exchange between the people of anatolia and middle-east. This was something deliberately kept hidden with the latest philhellene movement in western world after 17th century.
                                Last edited by Onur; 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X