NY Daily Tribune, Turkish constitution attended by Macedonians, 1908!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post
    Before it was a decorative stylized pattern ,used in thousands of ancient Greek art artifacts,including a gold larnax dug out in Vergina,Emathia district.
    Thats all.

as first, it is arguable if Vergina was Greek. It is more likely that it was Macedonian, and don't come to me with Macedonia is Greek bull ....

second, the Star is not restricted only on Greek artifacts. There are Illyrian,Thracian artifacts with the eight and sixtinth ray symbol all over the place.

And we don't have to go so far in the Past to find it. this symbol is drawn on the Church walls of Macedonian through many Centuries. Macedonian painters have brought this symbol as far as to Russia and this is very easy to track.

so was it Greek?

It may be that Greeks knew the symbol, but only the Macedonians have used it as their Ethnic symbol and Greeks hated this symbol cause it meant slavery to them
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• toothpaste
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
      as first, it is arguable if Vergina was Greek. It is more likely that it was Macedonian, and don't come to me with Macedonia is Greek bull ....

second, the Star is not restricted only on Greek artifacts. There are Illyrian,Thracian artifacts with the eight and sixtinth ray symbol all over the place.

And we don't have to go so far in the Past to find it. this symbol is drawn on the Church walls of Macedonian through many Centuries. Macedonian painters have brought this symbol as far as to Russia and this is very easy to track.

so was it Greek?

It may be that Greeks knew the symbol, but only the Macedonians have used it as their Ethnic symbol and Greeks hated this symbol cause it meant slavery to them
      1.Greeks hated it so much that you can find it on coins of Corfu,Cyprus,Corinth ,on Athenian and Corinthian shields (shield and coin images where symbols -not just art) ,on Spartan vases and Boetian artifacts...

I havent seen Illyrian or Thracian artifacts-any pics? (i can post the above Greek that i mentioned one by one)
      And if it was so...would it mean that this is an "exclusively Macedonian symbol" ?The exact opposite

2."ethnic symbol" ?More accurately the royal symbol of the Argead royal family.
      Read Herodotus ,about Perdikkas and his two brothers from Argos (the Temenidae).

3.I won't get in the bull.. of secret use of it the last 2000 years by Macedonians...you can find same patterns throughout Greece,as well all over the world ,depicting stylized stars or suns.
      "Ethnic use" started early in the '90s and officially ended with the interim agreement some years later .Short life.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

1. I havent seen Illyrian or Thracian artifacts-any pics?

2."ethnic symbol" ?More accurately the royal symbol of the Argead royal family.
        Read Herodotus ,about Perdikkas and his two brothers from Argos (the Temenidae).

3."Ethnic use" started early in the '90s and officially ended with the interim agreement some years later .Short life.
        1. Bulgarian reserchers found it in Thracian royal tomb:

eigt rayed star on the tomb throne or on the walls. but unlike the Greek artefacts thracian and illyrian are not that well documented, since no foreign nerd had got financed to unearth them.

2. and not only the argeads. eight rayed for the army, sixteen rayed for the royals. the army represented the ethnic group of those times.

3. and which interim agreement can put my star away from the wall. while we used it on houses, churches or jewery, no body cared for it, now interim agreements are employed to protect stupid claims.

greeks hated it's guts since they got kicked by the star of Makedon
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

It was nice with you fella, but Im getting bored and fall in sleep.

Comment

• toothpaste
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

2. Eight rayed for the army, sixteen rayed for the royals. The army represented the ethnic group of those times.
            source please.

Comment

• toothpaste
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

It was nice with you fella, but Im getting bored and fall in sleep.
              Too early for me to sleep...

the sun is up here,in Macedonia...

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

source please.
                if I bother providing source, will you than turn the blind eye on it as you always do? I have no interest in that so I pass, find your own source if you need it.

Too early for me to sleep...

the sun is up here,in Macedonia...
                sun of my Macedonia

should I provide you a source for that one too???
                Last edited by makedonin; 09-19-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• toothpaste
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

if I bother providing source, will you than turn the blind eye on it as you always do? I have no interest in that so I pass, find your own source if you need it.
                  I won't "turn the blid eye".After all the fact of use 8 rays in the army and 16 in the court does not mean anything for origin and culture of Macedonia.
                  It is just a matter of credibility.
                  -A story of a untrustworthy site you read once,is easily mixed as it is the same by you, with a quote of Thucidydes,findings on Macedonian tombs and ancient Epigraphs.

sun of my Macedonia
                  ..whatever you say ...

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

you are just another prove for my own experience:

when ever you get to discuss with greek about Macedonia, you will find your self stuck in the History BC.

I wonder why, cause you don't have anything else to cling on in order to prove that you have something to do with Macedonia? could it be that? and even that connection you try to establish is vague and insecure, my gosh

how was it that again? 2400 .... what ever. in a thread about 1908 you stucked me in the BC's, it is only typical greek I would say....

Comment

• toothpaste
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

when ever you get to discuss with greek about Macedonia, you will find your self stuck in the History BC.

I wonder why, cause you don't have anything else to cling on in order to prove that you have something to do with Macedonia? could it be that? and even that connection you try to establish is vague and insecure, my gosh

how was it that again? 2400 .... what ever. in a thread about 1908 you stucked me in the BC's, it is only typical greek I would say....
                      So...help me to help you..
                      You want to stick in the period 1903-1912 ,and ignore the rest?

Just think that every rare docu

Comment

• toothpaste
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

A new thread is opened every time a controversial document (quiet rarely it's true..) is discovered that implies that a distinct Macedonian nation was there in early 1900's.
                        Precious findings i must admit...
                        Do you want to stick on every single of these 5...6..10?? documents ,and ignore thousands of others of the same period as well as millions since ancient,medieval or early modern era?

Thats ok.

Comment

• El Bre
                          • Sep 2008

Of course this period is important to us Toothpaste.

Tell me, who was questioning our identity before this time? for 500 years the Turks didn't. All of a sudden we had not 1, but 3 burgeoning colonial powers trying to impose their own version of an identity on us. There was only one problem, we identified with none of them and for the first time we began to assert our own identity because we had to.

You use antiquity like a crutch because you know that when all else fails you can always come back and hang all of your arguments on language. Your hanging by a thread.
                          Last edited by El Bre; 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• toothpaste
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                            Of course this period is important to us Toothpaste.

Tell me, who was questioning our identity before this time? for 500 years the Turks didn't. All of a sudden we had not 1, but 3 burgeoning colonial powers trying to impose their own version of an identity on us. There was only one problem, we identified with none of them and for the first time we began to assert our own identity because we had to.

You use antiquity like a crutch because you know that when all else fails you can always come back and ang all of your arguments on language. Your hanging by a thread.
                            Ela Bre ,i understand the importance of it..but we cannot underestimate all the other past...moreover the present!

to the point...

Did the peasantry of north Macedonia had an ethnic identity at all?
                            There was a lack of significant middle class,a burgoise that would form the national identity from local traditions,together with the scholars.

The handful of burgoises who would today be recognized as modern Macedonians' ancestors identified themselves mostly as Bulgarians.

Macedonian as a distinctive identity,was in fact,a product of the struggles between Sofia,Athens and Belgrade,you always blame ,and not a self-growing, isolated phenomenon.

Comment

• Вардарец
                              • Sep 2008

Toothy Pasta

Theodosious, the archibishop from Skopje, around the 1870's. Try to find something about him
                              For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

A new thread is opened every time a controversial document (quiet rarely it's true..) is discovered that implies that a distinct Macedonian nation was there in early 1900's.
                                Precious findings i must admit...
                                Do you want to stick on every single of these 5...6..10?? documents ,and ignore thousands of others of the same period as well as millions since ancient,medieval or early modern era?

Thats ok.
                                you negate and you are gone......
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X