X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goce
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Truth Bearer View Post
    Back then when there's no schooling notr computers when the only language to speak was from yr mother's bossom.What's yr mother tongue Slovak??

Sorry for bringing back old post from this topic (pg#3), but your more like the idiot bearer.

There has always been schooling, not perhaps in the way we currently do things in a formal setting, but there was always schooling from antiquity to now.

The first university in the Balkans was actually in Thessalonica in the 1500's.

As well, you'd be suprised how well educated the people of the past were. They studied other languages early an often, including Greek and Latin.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

So you think that the peasant class which was the majority of the people could afford to go to school Goce??Do not compare the minority merchant classes that lived in the bigger towns that had private schools.There was no system no st ate sponsored education that forced the masses into education Goce.The Sultan didn't giove 2 hoots about the populace he just left it to the spiritual leaders of each community.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Petros Houhoulis View Post
        Contrary to your opinion, the memory of the Greek uprisings in Macedonia has lived in the memory of the Greek people. Otherwise, this would not have happened:

"Emmanouil Pappas (Greek: Εμμανουήλ Παππάς) is a municipality in the Serres Prefecture, Greece. Population 11,789 (2001). The seat of the municipality is in Chryso. The municipality takes its name after a local historical figure who played an important part as a leader in the war of the Greek revolution against Ottoman rule. Sadly, he met his demise before freedom was attained. Emmanouel Pappas was born in the village that was previously called 'Dovista', probably of Slavic origin, though historians are uncertain of the exact root of that word. One conjecture involves the mispronunciation of the Latin 'Dove est', meaning 'where is it?', because, apparently, the village was undetectable from a distance."

Of course we had many uprisings and wars over the centuries and only two of them are celebrated in all of Greece: The war of 1821 against the Ottoman empire and the war of 1941 with Fascist Italy.
        Garbage. Although you are banned, I will respond to your post here, because contrary to your delusional lies, you are wrong.

Where is the memory of this proclamation? Nowhere.

Emmanuel Pappas, born in a region with a Slavic placename (not probably, but surely), what other information exists about him apart from this Wikipedia article that you all drool over?

Of course Greece celebrates many uprising, but one wonders who and how many in these uprising identified as "Hellenes"?

The war in 1821 was won by foreigners, not "Hellenes".

The war in 1941 was won by locals from Macedonia, those locals were largely Macedonians, not "Hellenes".
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Emmanuil Pappas was a revolutionary who fought the Ottomans that's pretty well documented SoM.On the other hand Mr Petros and you in yr rush made an error the war against Italy was 28 October 1940.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Its ok, you made may errors too, so did your parents.

If Pappas is well documented perhaps some other Greek here who is willing to respect my people can explain it to us.

Bye-bye.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Svoliani
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

@ El Bre

How nice of you to concentrate on Grevena only where i did state that there were Vlach villages. Next time you show a quote please show me a link or the author who wrote it. Kupatshari (kutzovlachs) can be found in villages like Dotskiko and Perivoli. If we look at villages like Megaron, Zakas, Spylion, Kalyraxi these people were not Vlachs, we know many people from these villages. Considering in your statistics it states 15,000 Greeks 12,500 Vlachs and 10,000 Turks , you just prove what i am saying that Greeks composed the largest numbers. The thing i enjoy seeing is that not ONE ethnic Macedonian in Grevena but hey we all know that Ethnic Macedonians come from one place and one place only and that is around Florina.
              But when you do have time , please dissect the other areas like Katerini, Halkidiki and Serres, tell me what Hellenized people you can find there.

Since you know where my alias is, maybe u can tell us all what a Svolia means ? and then tell me what a Ziouban is also, you might know this place as well .

Comment

• goce
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Truth Bearer View Post
                So you think that the peasant class which was the majority of the people could afford to go to school Goce??Do not compare the minority merchant classes that lived in the bigger towns that had private schools.There was no system no st ate sponsored education that forced the masses into education Goce.The Sultan didn't giove 2 hoots about the populace he just left it to the spiritual leaders of each community.
                The same can be said today, does most of the population have higher education? No. State funded schools are nothing, have you went to them? They have little to not benefit to the kids, worse yet, they are all encouraged to seek higher education but cannot keep up with the standards. What is a BA in today's society?

The Church has always been an educational leader, the seeking out of the truth combines humility and/or faith with education.

Comment

• goce
                  • Sep 2008

hypocrisy at it's best, claiming to be a bearer of the truth and yet using wikipedia based arguments to support a fellow Greek. I haven't seen that before from pure ancient hellenes .

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                    • Sep 2008

Since you know where my alias
                    Be a little more creative Vancho, if you dont want to use your famous username here, then at least use the one from Makews,eh Mr. ED

Comment

• Svoliani
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MapleLeaf1 View Post
                      Be a little more creative Vancho, if you dont want to use your famous username here, then at least use the one from Makews,eh Mr. ED
                      I prefer this one, it was the Macedonian name of my village before those Greeks changed it. How have you been bate? save any kittys stranded on trees lately

Comment

• El Bre
                        • Sep 2008

Hey, una razza una fazza, your still talking the same bullshit I see.

Why are there so many Turkish words in your language...wah wah wah

Only ethnic Macedonians around Florina...wah wah wah

If I knew it it was you I wouldn't have bothered to answer your post, you'll become as redundant here as you did at Maknews

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                          • Sep 2008

El Bre, couldnt you tell it was him?
                          So typically worded you can smell him all the way to Kozani

Comment

• El Bre
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MapleLeaf1 View Post
                            El Bre, couldnt you tell it was him?
                            So typically worded you can smell him all the way to Kozani
                            Nah, I guess my 0=0 radar was off.

Comment

• Svoliani
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                              Hey, una razza una fazza, your still talking the same bullshit I see.

Why are there so many Turkish words in your language...wah wah wah

Only ethnic Macedonians around Florina...wah wah wah

If I knew it it was you I wouldn't have bothered to answer your post, you'll become as redundant here as you did at Maknews
                              Poor Skapan, using the quote from the Vlach from USA. I just returned from Aegean Macedonia and from Ierissos all the way to the Epirus border i couldnt find one Ethnic Macedonian. When i asked where i can find Slavophones i got the same response ' near Florina' . I visited Vergina or Kutlesh and saw the tombs and the writing on them. Highly recommend you visit.

Bre is of Turkish origin by the way

Comment

• El Bre
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                                Poor Skapan, using the quote from the Vlach from USA. I just returned from Aegean Macedonia and from Ierissos all the way to the Epirus border i couldnt find one Ethnic Macedonian. When i asked where i can find Slavophones i got the same response ' near Florina' . I visited Vergina or Kutlesh and saw the tombs and the writing on them. Highly recommend you visit.

Bre is of Turkish origin by the way
                                Poor Biz, still hating eh kid? one day when you get older, your envy will subside and then maybe you'll be able to go and look for true heritage. Until then, enjoy your delusions.

Son, as a "Greek" you'll never experience Aegean Macedonia the way I do, you couldn't, and that's too bad.

Everything is Turkish lad.

By the way, the quote isn't from from an American Vlach, it's from a Greek.
                                Last edited by El Bre; 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X