Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Regarding this so-called 'proclamation' posted at the beginning of this thread, with its citation in a book that has a title which includes “Greece-Macedonia 4000 years”, I think the notion of it being dubious is well founded. However, even if it were authentic, during this period Macedonia was in constant turmoil and it remained so until the early 1880’s, I am sure there were a few groups trying to make efforts at liberation, even half-ass one’s like that.

Unlike the Kresna Uprising of the Macedonians during the same period, this so-called effort doesn’t live in the memory of the Greek people, does it? For, but 25 years later, these so-called ‘Greeks’ were nowhere to be seen, and the ‘great’ fighters of the Greek efforts to absorb Macedonia, these so-called “Macedonian Fighters”, were nearly all to a tee from outside of Macedonia.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Not really sir again you fail to realise the Hellenistic consciousness of the people in Macedonia.You are in denial of the facts .
      Last edited by Truth Bearer; 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

There was no "Hellenistic" consciousness in the people of Macedonia.

There was Neohellenic propaganda emanating from the newly created state from the south. You are in search of 'facts' that don't exist, hence it is you in denial.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Hellenism survived in Macedonia even after the fall of Constantinople.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Proof please.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonia
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Proof please.
              Prove otherwise.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

No need to prove otherwise, you made the claim, now prove it.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Why don't we start a new thread and continue the discussion with our claims and yrs that way we don't spread out bb/w various threads and don't double up as I'm about to do now SoM and RTG??You get yr best and I'll get a coupe of my lads and we'll have a proper shoot out.No holds barred shoot out and lets see how we go maybe you never know we might find a middle ground??RTG,Daskalot SoM and Slovak and whover open a thread lets go for itI'll get some of the other Greek lads like Makedonia and Leonidas for example.......We amalgamate in one thread and lets go for it post yr stuff we'll post ours with proper neutral evidence what do u all reckon??
                  Can you guys face the music??

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

As I said I don't want to double up but since I've been told to produce the facts lets see......

Byzantine Greek language known also as Medieval Greek
                    Since as early as the Hellenistic era, Greek had been the lingua franca of the Eastern Mediterranean, spoken natively in the southern Balkans, the Greek islands, Asia Minor and the ancient and Hellenistic Greek colonies of Western Asia and Northern Africa. This continued after Roman expansion in the region. Latin was also introduced by Roman administration but nearly all significant literature was written in Greek.After the reforms of Constantine the Great the ancient Greek city of Byzantium became Constantinople and the "Greek East" gradually evolved into a separate political and cultural entity, having Greek as its main language, while Latin was used as an official language of administration. However Latin had never been a spoken language in the East, and it was gradually displaced by Greek in all sectors. The evolution from the Eastern Roman into the Byzantine Empire, properly speaking, starts with the reign of Heraclius, when Greek replaced Latin completely in law and administration. At the same time the Empire lost most of its non-Greek speaking territories in the near East and Africa, along with its second largest city, Alexandria.

The main vernacular language of the Eastern or Byzantine Empire had been Medieval Greek, spoken natively in Constantinople and the largest part of the empire. Spoken Medieval Greek was an evolution of Koine Greek, which was the popular language of the Hellenistic world, and an intermediary stage between ancient and Modern Greek. Written Greek varied considerably, embracing an archaising "high" style which imitated classical Attic, and a moderate "middle" style continuing the tradition of written Koine. Relatively few written specimens of the spoken or "low" variety of the vernacular language have been preserved. The resulting diglossia of the Greek-speaking world (which had already started in ancient Greece) continued under Ottoman rule and persisted in the modern Greek state until 1976 - although Atticist Greek remains the official language of the Greek Orthodox Church. As shown in the poems of Ptochoprodromos, an early stage of Modern Greek had already been shaped by the 12th century AD and possibly earlier. Vernacular Greek continued to be known as "Romaic" up until the 20th century.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Well, I must say I am absolutely sick of every thread being contaminated by you lot.
                      You are like teenage boys seeing a girl with her underwear on. Why don't you excitable lads post a topic and try to stick to it. But remember, if it is about history ... we have a section for it. And also, saying "prove otherwise" is not an answer. Say it again and I will delete any one of you. The whole Greek myth is based on the POT (prove otherwise theory) that the Western world propagates because it cannot stand the thought of Slavic Europe, Arabic and Asian intellectualism and other non Western contribution to civilisation.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• MAKDON
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Truth Bearer View Post
                        Why don't we start a new thread and continue the discussion with our claims and yrs that way we don't spread out bb/w various threads and don't double up as I'm about to do now SoM and RTG??You get yr best and I'll get a coupe of my lads and we'll have a proper shoot out.No holds barred shoot out and lets see how we go maybe you never know we might find a middle ground??RTG,Daskalot SoM and Slovak and whover open a thread lets go for itI'll get some of the other Greek lads like Makedonia and Leonidas for example.......We amalgamate in one thread and lets go for it post yr stuff we'll post ours with proper neutral evidence what do u all reckon??
                        Can you guys face the music??
                        LOL! Are you the same clown Truth Bearer that has like 5000+ useless posts on macedoniaontheweb?

No offence lad but you are far to dumb to go up against SoM or Slovak

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2008

Why don't you try I have challenged them but alas to no avail they are hiding behind their mother's skirts.......All they can do it scold me for not being politically correct.....

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

We are not hiding.
                            I am still waiting for an intelligent post from you.
                            Not some seedy card playing Cafe ouzo laced style of "facts" being presented so far.

When you are eventually deleted, please don't go back to where you came form and say "they were no match for us". Because you have not done anything other than whinge about why you can't call us FYROM so far.

Actions TB, actions.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• MAKDON
                              • Sep 2008

LOL!!!
                              Read RTGs last post and go for it.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2008

So the best way for you to win RTG is to delete me??Banish me to the dungeons?Where's yr democratic ideals for someone like you that's been born in the West and raised on the principles of fairness and open speech?What type of upbringing have you had oh Risto the self declared great??I'm but a poor siomple minded Gkrman who seeks the truth and only but the truth I come into yr domain oh GREAT ONE to openly challenge you in an open dialogue so as maybe just maybe between all this rubble of racism and hate we may find a middle ground......
                                Last edited by Truth Bearer; 09-07-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X