X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Lesser of 2 evils

So it seems many Macedonians are devastated the SDSm and their band of gypsies have found a way to form a government. Personally, I felt a sense of sadness.

After some deep self reflection, I wondered if the disappointment I felt meant I must have preferred DPmNE and their band of fat thieving pigs running the country. So I am still processing this dilemma in a way.

I resent both parties for their demonstrated anti-Macedonism. If I have to be honest, I will say I felt the Macedonian identity was under less threat under DPmNE.

BUT .....

Given the hatred both SDSm AND DPmNE have for Macedonia, I have concluded that SDSm should be allowed to show Macedonians the full extent of its anti-Macedonian stance. The slow death under DPmNE will now accelerate under under these pigs.

Perhaps trying to kill a frog by bringing water to boil slowly under DPmNE might work out better for Macedonians when SDSm attempts to kill the frog by throwing it in molten lava. The frog might get a few burns, but it will try to escape in no uncertain fashion.

Maybe Macedonians will wake up and fully appreciate the severity of their oppression. It might be cause for, dare I say it, revolution.

What are your thoughts?
    DPmNE should remain in government in preference to SDSm
    0%
    SDSm deserves a chance (insert a reason here)
    0%
    They are all shit, bring me my rakija nevesto
    0%
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

A) DPMNE should remain in government in preference to SDSM.......
    DPMNE were good, almost to good at disguising their horns as it took many years for people to see these horns. Some still can't see them.

B) SDSM deserves a chance (insert reason why) .....
    SDSM have made no attempt in hiding their horns and yet people want to still give them a chance

C) Bring me my rakija nevesto.....
    I'm not a drinker, but nevesto..... Make it a double.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

SDS needs to be allowed to show their true colors for the same reasons that Donald Trump had to become president in the USA.

In both cases the citizens of the respective countries have a harsh lesson to learn, and can't learn it unless they make the ultimate mistake.

In the USA Donald Trump stands for a lot of what wrong with American society, ignorant, arrogant, blowhard, racist, xenophobic, uneducated, impolite, faithless, without morality, worships fame and money, selfishness, stubbornness, and a host of other negative qualities and attitudes. Its like you took the worst of America and put it in one fat orange old man. By having Trump, and thus all those negative traits, out there, in your face, in the open, and seeing how destructive, and frankly unpleasant those qualities are, one can only hope it helps harden the resolve and raise the voice of the exact opposite. Hopefully people who are , decent, moral, compassionate, selfless and just overall good, realize that there is a need, more than ever to seek out other like minded decent people and band together against what is the worst of society. It should and already has, awoken a normally quiet class of good people.

Now that is in the USA where people are much more likely to take action.

How that relates to Macedonia is much of the same. Zaev represents the worst of Macedonian sellouts, the ones who don't even care enough to fake it. He represents the idea that economic gain is more important than anything else, and any price should be paid to "move forward". He represents the attitude that its okay to give in to any demand in order to be "tolerant" or "reasonable". Macedonians need to see this extreme version of treason, in your face, out in the open, to potentially fully awaken the people. The drip drip version of DPmNE coupled with their misappropriation of VMRO, coupled with their effective faux patriotism propaganda, fooled enough people, or kept enough people disinterested to keep the ball rolling. Similar t how the behind the scenes corruption of the Clinton's was too nuanced to really make people angry enough. If Zaev is as treacherous as he looks, he SHOULD get enough people angry enough to spark the fire. Now if he is that treacherous and absolutely nothing changes in terms of the people's apathy, then guess what, we might as well just close up shop because there is nothing you can do if the people are still indifferent to the status quo. That would mean they just don't care, or even worse, support it.

So in summation, I think you have to let it run its course and hope for the best, kind of like a vaccine if you will. You willingly inject yourself with a live virus and hope your body produces antibodies to fight it off and become immune, if you don't, then you DIE.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

RtG

I think the idea that Macedonians will learn something is too optimistic. I think they're too brain damaged to learn anything. They've had 25 years. That's the equivalent of going to school, uni and then doing a post-graduate course.

It'll be more of the same.

Couldn't resist posting this again
        Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-23-2017, 12:54 AM.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DraganOfStip
          • Aug 2011

I'm not a rakija fan, but I couldn't say no to a nice cold beer. A sixpack on table 2 please!
          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            RtG

I think the idea that Macedonians will learn something is too optimistic. I think they're too brain damaged to learn anything. They've had 25 years. That's the equivalent of going to school, uni and then doing a post-graduate course.

It'll be more of the same.

Couldn't resist posting this again
            Totally agree...there's no hope for them...way too ignorant, too passive, to compliant, too apathetic, too lazy...and they're their strong points.
            Call it groundhog day...or insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...either way they're fucked.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Totally agree...there's no hope for them...way too ignorant, too passive, to compliant, too apathetic, too lazy...and they're their strong points.
              Call it groundhog day...or insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...either way they're fucked.
              We'd have better chances with a herd of mentally retarded goats that ran around in circles all day. At least they'd kick when getting raped by Albanians.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great
                Given the hatred both SDSm AND DPmNE have for Macedonia, I have concluded that SDSm should be allowed to show Macedonians the full extent of its anti-Macedonian stance. The slow death under DPmNE will now accelerate under these pigs.
                There is some logic behind this gamble, although it is heavily reliant on triggering the following outcome:
                Macedonians will wake up and fully appreciate the severity of their oppression. It might be cause for, dare I say it, revolution.
                If that doesn't happen, we're screwed. You have one party which does demonstrate some patriotic tendencies yet makes gradual concessions to our detractors (the slow death), then you have another party which seems largely indifferent to Macedonian patriotism and has made past indications that it is ready to deal more definitively on matters of national importance (the quick death). If the Macedonian people haven't been able to reverse or even put a stop to the former, then what makes us think that they will be able to reverse or put a stop to the latter? The slow death allows some more time and the veneer of hope for better days, but its subtle impact doesn't provoke Macedonians into action. In that respect, the prospect of a quick death may have the opposite effect, however, when it arrives, it will be promptly rubber stamped by the EU and the US and that will be that. Then the Macedonian people will have to contend with a much larger force opposing it.

It's a mess. And it's a dangerous gamble. It could be our way out or it could be the end. As neither of the first two options in the poll are desirable and there is no fourth option for Macedonians to do something before it gets even worse, I think I will have a rakija and ponder on the miserable situation that is Macedonia.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Looks like we learned something about this forum.

27% are DPmNE supporters

9% are gamblers

and apparently 64% are damned alcoholics!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post

27% are DPmNE supporters

9% are gamblers

I guess it's a matter of perspective. One could also suggest that 27% don't wholeheartedly support DPNE but see them as a lesser evil, 9% are SDS supporters and 64% enjoy a real drink every now and then.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

It was a trick poll. It confirms everyone is actually on drugs. Especially if we think there is any upside to any of this.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post

27% are DPmNE supporters

9% are gamblers

Hey c'mon, beer is hardly even an alcoholic beverage man!
                        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

The one SDS vote was me lol.

I already explained my reasoning.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          I guess it's a matter of perspective. One could also suggest that 27% don't wholeheartedly support DPNE but see them as a lesser evil, 9% are SDS supporters and 64% enjoy a real drink every now and then.

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

Sit back and drink while things fall apart around you?

I didn't vote, where is option four?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                              I didn't vote, where is option four?
                              option 4 was some Macedonian guy dancing on Facebook. But feel free to provide an alternative option.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X