X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Macedonians were the first to jump on this club at the inception of the club and league. We had no club in the top flight to support. While the Hellarss and Croatia were still throthing over the state league. Even today, Hellarss hate Victory and visa versa because of envy that Victory taking the mantle as being the biggest club in the country. Not only that, Hellarss are pushing to enter the A league, but fat chance.

LOL......
    I disagree. From what I've seen Melbourne Victory have a large Greek following. Are you forgetting all the 16 year old muzzas that attend Victory matches? A fair few of them are Greeks. Melbourne Heart seems to have a larger Turk/Croat and even Maco supporter base.

Either way, there is no way to prove one over the other. Chances are the clubs probably have a similar ethnic distribution of supporters.

There's only one team in Melbourne mate and it aint that Olympiacos/Crvena Zvezda jumper wearing club of yours that have a habit of collecting Melbourne Victory rejects. But seriously, your team is a joke and it wont be long before they suffer Gold Coast demise. You have a handful of supporters that are turncoats and very weird looking ones at that. But atleast you guys don't have to wary about pre purchasing tickets or lining up at food stalls or toilets. Shit you are lucky lol.

PS: Rumours going around you soon are to relocate to Bob Jane Stadium because of financial reason. The beginning of the takeover by St Melbourne.
    I've gone over this several times on other forums and even in real life to Victory supporters who hold this view. Some Victory supporters insist that the 'one team in Melbourne' attitude is simply banter, but I think a significant proportion of their fan base actually believe in this crap. The bottom line is, Victory is and always will be better off with Hearts in the competition.

The FFA are to blame here. To only have one Melbourne club from the get-go was an incredibly stupid and incompetent decision. People can joke about Heart's small fan base all they want, but this is heavily attributed to the free reign that Victory had for years before the introduction of Melbourne Heart. Melbourne doesn't share the same geographic divisions found in Sydney, which is part of the reason WSW has had a successful first season in terms of support.

FWIW, I'm not a reject Victory fan. I've supported Heart since their introduction, albeit relatively passively. I've only gained a greater interest in the A-League this season. I refused to support the A-League for a number of seasons purely because of their treatment of the ex-NSL clubs (including Preston). The FFA essentially spat on the clubs that introduced and developed football in this nation. At the time it seemed wrong to support a modern league built on these ideals. I'm over that now and realise that the A-League is here to stay for the foreseeable future. I support the growth of the world game. This is part of the reason I support the Heart. It should be in every true football fan's best interests to see every club grow. It's not like Victory and Heart have a rivalry built over a century, whereby 'it's more than just a game.' If you want to see Heart follow the path of Gold Coast then so be it, but don't expect the game to grow.

Why would South Melbourne take over the club? That will never happen. Bit rich coming from Victory, who have Ange Postecoglou at the helm (ex-South Melbourne PLAYER and COACH).

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
      WSW are a quality side to watch. Even with 10 men they were on the attack for the greater part of the match.

I haven't been following the Maco cup really, but I saw a few of Altona's results earlier in the day. Sounds like a fun event that seems to be quite successful every year.
      Turns out Rockdale Iliinden won it. Went to Jensen Park yesterday to watch a bit, not that interesting to be honest not even 150 people there. Might have been more tonight at Illinden for the finals I suppose. There has really been crap crowd attendances for Macedonian clubs in the past few years compared to they way it used to be...
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
        Turns out Rockdale Iliinden won it. Went to Jensen Park yesterday to watch a bit, not that interesting to be honest not even 150 people there. Might have been more tonight at Illinden for the finals I suppose. There has really been crap crowd attendances for Macedonian clubs in the past few years compared to they way it used to be...
        That's a bit disappointing to hear, hopefully things pick up next year. It's a shame Preston hasn't been able to compete the last few years.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

I disagree. From what I've seen Melbourne Victory have a large Greek following.
          How have you seen this when you follow Heart and would most likely attend only Heart games? On top of that you admitted you have only gained a greater interest in the A-League this season which means it's highly unlikely a passive (your words) supporter like you have been to a game. I'm telling you drapash jajca. Victory can not stand Hellas or its supporters. I am not going to say there isn't one Greek following this club it would be ludicrous... but to make it out its some Greek club is ludicrous.

Are you forgetting all the 16 year old muzzas that attend Victory matches?
          Pathetic mate, Every club have these 16 year olds muzza's, Shit even Aussies look and act like muzza's these days. I don't know where you are getting at with this. But i will tell you one thing, at least we don't have fucken Mormans leading our supporters behind the goals. lol

Either way, there is no way to prove one over the other.
          We both know your claims a bullshit, but i can back my claim by some degree that Victory is supported by a large Macedonian following. This quote (off a supporters forum) coming from the head of the Melbourne Victory supporters group in reply to a member suggesting we need more Macedonian players.
          Originally posted by Tunna
          There is a big Maco Victory following out there.

Why would South Melbourne take over the club?
          If you weren't so new to the A League (only gained a greater interest in the A-League this season) , You would have known about the suggestions They (SMH) were pushing for a license to enter the League. Some say at the expense of Heart which they believe they can pull bigger crowds. They have a fat chance in getting one. But if Heart end up at Bob Jane Stadium the home of Hellarss (which will financially make sense), i bet you anything they and their supporters will infiltrate the club and gradually take over.

Bit rich coming from Victory, who have Ange Postecoglou at the helm (ex-South Melbourne PLAYER and COACH).
          lol......yes he has the power to take over the club and League single handedly ffs.....you Heart supporters are not normal seriously.

I will not bother getting into how your idea with Ange is not possible because i don't want to find out you are serious, i am talking to a heart fan after all, but i will say one thing about the Turk. As soon as he did take the helm, he brought in Dilevski from another club and on top of that, had faith in Celeski who has became one of our best and most loved by all at Victory. This brings me to Another point, we have two Macedonians carrying our flag and the many many Macedonians that follow Victory are so proud.

Ti so koj se radvash? D.VRANKOVIC......A.BEHICH.....M.DUGANDZIC....ili ce krstish na E.BABALJ lol
          Last edited by Bill77; 01-28-2013, 02:47 AM.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

How have you seen this when you follow Heart and would most likely attend only Heart games? On top of that you admitted you have only gained a greater interest in the A-League this season which means it's highly unlikely a passive (your words) supporter like you have been to a game. I'm telling you drapash jajca. Victory can not stand Hellas or its supporters. I am not going to say there isn't one Greek following this club it would be ludicrous... but to make it out its some Greek club is ludicrous.
            What difference would going to Victory games make? It's not like I would go around asking everyone if they are nashi. I didn't need to have an interest in the league to interact with avid Victory fans. After all, they are just everyday people. I didn't say it was a Greek club, I'm simply defending against your absurd claims. Whatever, I don't really care. Clubs in the A-League aren't ethnic based, so it doesn't really matter.

Pathetic mate, Every club have these 16 year olds muzza's, Shit even Aussies look and act like muzza's these days. I don't know where you are getting at with this. But i will tell you one thing, at least we don't have fucken Mormans leading our supporters behind the goals. lol
            I know that. There are dickheads in every club. Those kids in that picture are probably a part of the KGB (Kindergarten Brigade). I'd bet that a fair few of them are tossers anyways.

IMO this photo is just as embarrassing. This kid probably has no idea about football in Australia prior to the A-League, yet holds a banner that says 'against modern football.' This was displayed during the Melbourne derby, obviously aimed at Heart. Last time I checked Melbourne Victory is a modern football club.

We both know your claims a bullshit, but i can back my claim by some degree that Victory is supported by a large Macedonian following. This quote (off a supporters forum) coming from the head of the Melbourne Victory supporters group in reply to a member suggesting we need more Macedonian players.
            Not sure why you are getting so worked up about this. I didn't particularly say anything to provoke Victory supporters. Again, I don't really care. If some bloke on the Melbourne Victory forums says they have a large maco supporter base, then good on them. Guess most of them don't bother attending Preston Lions games anymore.

If you weren't so new to the A League (only gained a greater interest in the A-League this season) , You would have known about the suggestions They (SMH) were pushing for a license to enter the League. Some say at the expense of Heart which they believe they can pull bigger crowds. They have a fat chance in getting one. But if Heart end up at Bob Jane Stadium the home of Hellarss (which will financially make sense), i bet you anything they and their supporters will infiltrate the club and gradually take over.

lol......yes he has the power to take over the club and League single handedly ffs.....you Heart supporters are not normal seriously.

I will not bother getting into how your idea with Ange is not possible because i don't want to find out you are serious, i am talking to a heart fan after all, but i will say one thing about the Turk. As soon as he did take the helm, he brought in Dilevski from another club and on top of that, had faith in Celeski who has became one of our best and most loved by all at Victory. This brings me to Another point, we have two Macedonians carrying our flag and the many many Macedonians that follow Victory are so proud.

Ti so koj se radvash? D.VRANKOVIC......A.BEHICH.....M.DUGANDZIC....ili ce krstish na E.BABALJ lol
            Like I said earlier, it's not going to happen. The A-League is essentially based on disassembling ethnic based teams. There is no hope in hell that South Melbourne will be given a license, unless the FFA is prepared to backtrack on the very reason they formed the A-League.

Heart is steadily growing, and any decent football fan should be happy to see that. If you want soccer to always be the 4th or 5th most popular sport in Australia, then continue this 'one team in Melbourne' bullshit and keep hoping that Heart folds. The only loser will be the sport. The FFA already made a massive blunder during our successful world cup campaign in 2006. They did shit all to build on this hype.

I was exaggerating with Ange obviously. He's a good coach. Victory are probably playing the best football in the league at the moment.

I hate Geelong with a passion in the AFL, yet I respect them greatly. Why can't Victory supporters show even a shred of respect for other A-League teams. This kind of arrogance has become a disease amongst your fans, and frankly it's quite disturbing. This rivalry has only been going for 3 seasons. Yeh, we get you're the biggest club in the league...congratulations. But ffs your not ultras or some kind of firm. Start supporting the sport as a whole and not just Victory.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

What difference would going to Victory games make?
              Difference would be, that you would get your facts right. You seem to think you know about all the 16 year old Muzzas and the large Greek community but you have not yet attended a game

I didn't need to have an interest in the league to interact with avid Victory fans.
              So you make judgements on a club based on a few avid Victory fans that you might know out of 20,000 average that turn up to games?

I didn't say it was a Greek club,
              But you did say they have a large following (implying stay away Grci se) but nothing to back these claims except for mabe knowing a few avid Victory fans. Well you haven't attended any games to mingle amongst the crowd, so how would you know?

I'm simply defending against your absurd claims.
              Not attending games, knowing only a handful of avid Victory fans, only recently took up interest in the league, admit you only support one club and its pasive at best, then you think you are qualified to make ridiculous unfounded claims. Who is really absurd?

Whatever, I don't really care. Clubs in the A-League aren't ethnic based, so it doesn't really matter.
              I never said they are ethnic based (not yet for Sth Melbourne Heart) But Lavce came up with "Grci se" and you follow with bullshit Victory has a large Greek following. All i am doing is pulling you guys up on this false information and asking you in particulor to back this up. All you can come up with is you know a few avid Victory fans

Not sure why you are getting so worked up about this.
              Initially it was typical Victory v Fart
              Victory v WSW banter amongst you, Momce and i, Momce laughed it off but then you start with fairy tales, You probably know to many Greeks and the lying is rubbing off on you.

Again, I don't really care. If some bloke on the Melbourne Victory forums says they have a large maco supporter base,
              Mate you wanted proof. Showing you a statement made by someone who would know more than anyone else the ethnic composition in our club, is more than you can produce. I could have told you i have followed this club since day 1 and attended games since 2007 and have came across many many Preston Supporters and hearing plenty of Macedonian being spoken amongst groups, but your stubbornness would not allow you to take my word for it.

There is no hope in hell that South Melbourne will be given a license,
              You are repeating what i said. Though i used fat chance. But same shit nonetheless.

unless the FFA is prepared to backtrack on the very reason they formed the A-League.
              No they wont (backtrack), which is why Sth Melbournes only alternative is to cunningly take over an existing one. What do you think will happen if Heart becomes their bitch after using their facilities? Do you doubt Greeks are cunning lying bastards? do you think Hellas fans adopting the club then the club using followers as a reason to merge or change the name to Sth Melbourne Heart, as something unachievable or improbable?

Heart is steadily growing, and any decent football fan should be happy to see that
              Steady as a rock. Not going anywhere mate. Infact, i find it hard to come up with a current A League team that Heart has more numbers of supporters. Its not a boast, but a fact.

and any decent football fan should be happy to see that.
              Any decent Heart fan should not bite the hand thats feeding it. Mate, if it wasn't for that 25,000 Victory supporters attending your home games once or twice a season, Heart would sink. 25,000 is more than 4 times your home games takings. Thats a fact and you know it. Or probably have no idea...yeh most likely the latter.

If you want soccer to always be the 4th or 5th most popular sport in Australia, then continue this 'one team in Melbourne' bullshit and keep hoping that Heart folds.
              lol

1st of all, Football (soccer) isn't in 4th or 5th position. Thats another inaccuracy of yours. There are more kids playing Soccer than any other sport, mabe only Aussie rules has taken over this mantle recently. I don't know what your reasons are for a sport to be ranked at a certain position, but i bet its going to be funny lol

The only loser will be the sport.
              Oh Please, Heart are hardly the vitality this sport needs and depends upon. You are to stubborn to admit the only way for Heart to have a chance of succeeding, is to relocate. Geelong might be the best option (though many there are already staunch Victory supporters) or the Sth East suburbs of Melbourne, even back to Morwell. Melbourne (Central) aint big enough for the two clubs and don't kid yourself if you think Victory fans will keep on converting. The rivalry is deep rooted and so are the followers to their clubs. Heart can't continue on the way things are.

I hate Geelong with a passion in the AFL, yet I respect them greatly. Why can't Victory supporters show even a shred of respect for other A-League teams.
              To begin with, You guys are shite. Re WSW......don't wary there is respect for the new boys. Both sets of supporters claim are the best in the nation and we welcome the challenge both on the field and on the terraces. We welcome the news that there finally is a challenge, it makes the sport more exiting which is good for the sport. Sydney FC.....well the rivalry between the two cities has been going on for 100 years in all sports. You know the joke? they deliberately put Canberra in between to separate the two so we don't become neighbours and war. Sydney disrespect us as much as Melbournians do to them. I don't know which other clubs you are refering to as we don't respect. I suppose its another one of your imaginations.

This kind of arrogance has become a disease amongst your fans, and frankly it's quite disturbing.
              I find your assessments of Victory disturbing. Our club show arrogance, disrespect etc etc...yet all the other clubs are in bed with each other lol
              Give me a break, its sport...and not just any sport, its Football FFS. Which club don't show arrogance and pride.

Yeh, we get you're the biggest club in the league...
              And don't forget it....ooops sorry the frigan arrogance in me lol

But ffs your not ultras or some kind of firm. Start supporting the sport as a whole and not just Victory.
              yawwwwwwwn.......
              Last edited by Bill77; 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Difference would be, that you would get your facts right. You seem to think you know about all the 16 year old Muzzas and the large Greek community but you have not yet attended a game
                But they aren't even facts lol. You can attend every game of the season and still not know the ethnic composition of a supporter base. It's only fact if you actually conduct an official census, and I highly doubt that this has taken place. Again, I was only providing a counter-argument to your claim that Melbourne Heart will become a Greek team (i.e South Melbourne)...which mind you is completely ridiculous.

So you make judgements on a club based on a few avid Victory fans that you might know out of 20,000 average that turn up to games?
                Well, how many of those 20,000 do you know personally or have spoken to? I don't need to attend Victory games to know Victory supporters. I happen to know a fair few, and I'd say their opinion is just as informed as yours. I don't mean the ethnic background of those few Victory supporters I know. I'm talking about their views on the club.

But you did say they have a large following (implying stay away Grci se) but nothing to back these claims except for mabe knowing a few avid Victory fans. Well you haven't attended any games to mingle amongst the crowd, so how would you know?
                When did I imply to stay away from Melbourne Victory because 'grci se'? Obviously I'm going to tell others to support Heart. They need all the support they can get at the moment. Victory has enough supporters to sustain a long-term and viable existence. How many Heart games have you attended to mingle with the crowd? What gives your opinion more authority than mine? If someone chooses to support Victory, that is their choice. I certainly wouldn't base my choice on the ethnic composition of an A-League club. All fans unite under the same name.

Not attending games, knowing only a handful of avid Victory fans, only recently took up interest in the league, admit you only support one club and its pasive at best, then you think you are qualified to make ridiculous unfounded claims. Who is really absurd?
                I was passive in previous seasons, but follow the team quite closely now. I'll probably purchase a membership next season. I don't need to attend games to be in the loop and know what's going on. There is plenty of information in the news and on the web for me to read up on. I don't go to matches to research the demographics of a supporter base.

I never said they are ethnic based (not yet for Sth Melbourne Heart) But Lavce came up with "Grci se" and you follow with bullshit Victory has a large Greek following. All i am doing is pulling you guys up on this false information and asking you in particulor to back this up. All you can come up with is you know a few avid Victory fans
                Firstly, South Melbourne will not change their name. Not sure how many times I have to say this, but it isn't going to happen. Perhaps it's some kind of dream of yours to see Heart fold and for a Greek team to take over, but these kind of rumours have absolutely no foundation. You ask me to back up my 'false information' yet you continue to push this South Melbourne crap with out a shred of evidence. That is far more ludicrous than me talking about 16 year old muzzas (which mind you was not meant to be taken seriously).

Initially it was typical Victory v Fart
                Victory v WSW banter amongst you, Momce and i, Momce laughed it off but then you start with fairy tales, You probably know to many Greeks and the lying is rubbing off on you.
                Bill, I'm all for banter, but what you said in your initial post seemed more like an insult than banter. Making comparisons with Greek and Serbian teams, accusing us of being weird looking rubbish reject supporters and a teamed destined to become South Melbourne...where's the banter in that. I don't think many Macos appreciate being compared to Serbs/Greeks or told that a club they support will become Greek. The banter between you and Momce was fine and is how it should be.

Mate you wanted proof. Showing you a statement made by someone who would know more than anyone else the ethnic composition in our club, is more than you can produce. I could have told you i have followed this club since day 1 and attended games since 2007 and have came across many many Preston Supporters and hearing plenty of Macedonian being spoken amongst groups, but your stubbornness would not allow you to take my word for it.
                Some post by a Victory fan on their boards is meaningless to me. He hasn't conducted a census either. All this speculation of the ethnic composition of our clubs is a waste of time and not even relevant. I'll take your word for it, but since when did this become a game of who has more Macos supporting their team? Obviously there will be supporters of all sorts of ethnic backgrounds supporting Victory. They had a 4 year head-start on Heart...do the math.

You are repeating what i said. Though i used fat chance. But same shit nonetheless.
                They aren't going to take over Melbourne Heart FC.

No they wont (backtrack), which is why Sth Melbournes only alternative is to cunningly take over an existing one. What do you think will happen if Heart becomes their bitch after using their facilities? Do you doubt Greeks are cunning lying bastards? do you think Hellas fans adopting the club then the club using followers as a reason to merge or change the name to Sth Melbourne Heart, as something unachievable or improbable?
                Cunningly??? Are you serious? How in God's name would that be 'cunning?' It'd be pretty damn obvious I reckon. I know the FFA are dumb, but I don't think they are that stupid. I'm sure a fair few South Melbourne fans would be opposed to changing the name to South Melbourne Heart. They aren't that plastic.

Steady as a rock. Not going anywhere mate. Infact, i find it hard to come up with a current A League team that Heart has more numbers of supporters. Its not a boast, but a fact.
                No, attendance numbers are slowly increasing. That is a FACT and the only fact that has probably been presented so far in this dialogue. I'm happy to back that up with numbers if you'd like. Did you expect Heart to become a huge success in 3 seasons? I guess you don't really understand that having one team in Melbourne for 4 years has an impact on the introduction of a second team. It is inevitable that the second team will take far longer to grow. WSW is an exception because people in Sydney use 'east' and 'west' as a divider far more than we do in Melbourne.

Any decent Heart fan should not bite the hand thats feeding it. Mate, if it wasn't for that 25,000 Victory supporters attending your home games once or twice a season, Heart would sink. 25,000 is more than 4 times your home games takings. Thats a fact and you know it. Or probably have no idea...yeh most likely the latter.
                Well at the last derby (Heart home game) the crowd attendance was 26,457. In fact, the previous two Heart homes games against Victory had similar attendance figures. In each case, there were more than 1000 Heart fans there. Get your facts right.

lol

1st of all, Football (soccer) isn't in 4th or 5th position. Thats another inaccuracy of yours. There are more kids playing Soccer than any other sport, mabe only Aussie rules has taken over this mantle recently. I don't know what your reasons are for a sport to be ranked at a certain position, but i bet its going to be funny lol
                In terms of attendance figures, the A-League is ranked 4th or 5th. That's another fact Bill, I'm not pulling these out of my arse. It wouldn't hurt for you to look into these figures before you comment. At grass roots soccer has always been successful. But I'm talking about different leagues and codes put head to head. AFL, NRL, Rugby and even some cricket competitions have a larger average attendance than the A-League.

Oh Please, Heart are hardly the vitality this sport needs and depends upon. You are to stubborn to admit the only way for Heart to have a chance of succeeding, is to relocate. Geelong might be the best option (though many there are already staunch Victory supporters) or the Sth East suburbs of Melbourne, even back to Morwell. Melbourne (Central) aint big enough for the two clubs and don't kid yourself if you think Victory fans will keep on converting. The rivalry is deep rooted and so are the followers to their clubs. Heart can't continue on the way things are.
                No, I agree. I think that Geelong would have been a great place for Heart to be based out of. It wouldn't hurt to play a few matches there every season. Similarly, the SE suburbs has a massive population catchment that could prove successful. Heart lacks a geographic distinction to set it apart from Victory. Melbourne is big enough for two teams, it's just a matter of selling the product properly.

To begin with, You guys are shite. Re WSW......don't wary there is respect for the new boys. Both sets of supporters claim are the best in the nation and we welcome the challenge both on the field and on the terraces. We welcome the news that there finally is a challenge, it makes the sport more exiting which is good for the sport. Sydney FC.....well the rivalry between the two cities has been going on for 100 years in all sports. You know the joke? they deliberately put Canberra in between to separate the two so we don't become neighbours and war. Sydney disrespect us as much as Melbournians do to them. I don't know which other clubs you are refering to as we don't respect. I suppose its another one of your imaginations.
                Of course it's good for the sport. That's what I've been saying all along. But for some reason when it comes to Heart trying to expand, it isn't good for the sport in your view. Bit hypocritical.

I find your assessments of Victory disturbing. Our club show arrogance, disrespect etc etc...yet all the other clubs are in bed with each other lol
                Give me a break, its sport...and not just any sport, its Football FFS. Which club don't show arrogance and pride.
                Show arrogance if you want, that's fine. But stop trying to dictate everything that happens in this city. Let the Hearts be. I'm sure you will miss the banter and derby games if Heart were to fold and Melbourne returned to one team. Victory pales in comparison to Australian football clubs of the past. But it's all good if Victory fans go to derby matches with 'Against modern football' banners...I guess their 7 year history in the A-League speaks of real football culture.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

"WSW is an exception because people in Sydney use 'east' and 'west' as a divider far more than we do in Melbourne." Agree with that I could never jump on the bandwagon and start supporting Sydney FC and all the rich boys from the Eastern Suburbs. WSW is the best thing they have done to the A-League to date in my opinion. You have people who were always against the A-League and even NRL fans attending the games. Is there really no divider like east and west in Melbourne??
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                    • Jul 2012

Just wait mate haha Who do you go for anyways??
                    Nobody lol

I'm neutral

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                      • Jul 2012

You got it wrong Lavce. Come to the Sth End amongst the supporters and you would think you are at Tumbe Kafe.

Macedonians were the first to jump on this club at the inception of the club and league. We had no club in the top flight to support. While the Hellarss and Croatia were still throthing over the state league. Even today, Hellarss hate Victory and visa versa because of envy that Victory taking the mantle as being the biggest club in the country. Not only that, Hellarss are pushing to enter the A league, but fat chance.

LOL......

There's only one team in Melbourne mate and it aint that Olympiacos/Crvena Zvezda jumper wearing club of yours that have a habit of collecting Melbourne Victory rejects. But seriously, your team is a joke and it wont be long before they suffer Gold Coast demise. You have a handful of supporters that are turncoats and very weird looking ones at that. But atleast you guys don't have to wary about pre purchasing tickets or lining up at food stalls or toilets. Shit you are lucky lol.

PS: Rumours going around you soon are to relocate to Bob Jane Stadium because of financial reason. The beginning of the takeover by St Melbourne.

I hear Falafel is a good seller at your home ground.

Mate, wait till all this hysteria (which naturally occurs not long after inception of a new club) subsides. The hype will wear out after it becomes old and You will be another Sydney FC (samo pomalce pederi).
                      Melbourne Victory Hellass

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

"WSW is an exception because people in Sydney use 'east' and 'west' as a divider far more than we do in Melbourne." Agree with that I could never jump on the bandwagon and start supporting Sydney FC and all the rich boys from the Eastern Suburbs. WSW is the best thing they have done to the A-League to date in my opinion. You have people who were always against the A-League and even NRL fans attending the games. Is there really no divider like east and west in Melbourne??
                        There is, but not to the extent of Sydney I don't think. I often use the terms western and eastern suburbs but not really in terms of a rivalry. I live in the east but most macos live in the western suburbs, so from my personal perspective there's no point creating territorial divisions.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

You can attend every game of the season and still not know the ethnic composition of a supporter base.
                          Well i'll be......

You seem to know the ethnic composition of the supporter base of Victory........ even Hearts
                          Infact you have seen them

From what I've seen Melbourne Victory have a large Greek following...... Melbourne Heart seems to have a larger Turk/Croat and even Maco supporter base.
                          It's only fact if you actually conduct an official census,
                          sega nogu barash i nogu drapash.

Your claims that "Victory has a large Greek following" was intended by you to come across as "Fact" and no census was needed back then.

Well, how many of those 20,000 do you know personally or have spoken to?
                          Irrelevent.....i didn't make a claim what ethnic base and size of them that follow a particular club. You did and you based it on a few avid Victory supporters you knew. I stated that i will not deny there are Greeks that support the club, i just challenged this Large amount you dreamed about. I also mentioned how i have (personal expeiriance) noticed there is a large numbers of Macedonians at the club, i even supplied a comment made by a non Macedonian who is head of the Melbourne Victory supporters group, which large majority of our supporters know him personaly (and obviously visa versa) who is also involved at club meetings as a representative on behalf of the supporters and is privy to certain information such as lists of names of members. But you want a census, (and there could have been one at the club for all we know for the sake of marketing) but next you would probably only accept a UN sanctioned one only lol
                          Your stubbornness can't be pleased.

Bill, I'm all for banter, but what you said in your initial post seemed more like an insult than banter.
                          Mate.....you have the problem for feeling insulted. Banter is banter.

Making comparisons with Greek and Serbian teams, accusing us of being weird looking rubbish reject supporters and a teamed destined to become South Melbourne...where's the banter in that.
                          Yeh funny wasn't it lol
                          Get a spine mate. I spoke in a similar manner to Momce and he took it on the chin.

I don't think many Macos appreciate being compared to Serbs/Greeks
                          Is this a joke??? seriously, is it a joke? za grevota si dete, which Maco did i compare to a Serb or Greek?

The banter between you and Momce was fine and is how it should be.
                          Bagged his club just the same, no difference numbnuts JK

Some post by a Victory fan on their boards is meaningless to me.
                          Anything anyone says is meaningless to you. Geeeeeesh, now i know what Vangelovski was dealing with.

He hasn't conducted a census either.
                          Neither have you, so next time molchi.

All this speculation of the ethnic composition of our clubs is a waste of time and not even relevant.
                          Then why bring it up

I'll take your word for it,
                          No you wont, you want a census, have you forgotten?

They aren't going to take over Melbourne Heart FC.
                          Yes they would, they need your witches hats, the only thing thats worth anything at your club

THIS IS ALSO BANTER MATE PLEASE DON"T HAVE A BABY

No, I agree. I think that Geelong would have been a great place for Heart to be based out of. It wouldn't hurt to play a few matches there every season. Similarly, the SE suburbs has a massive population catchment that could prove successful. Heart lacks a geographic distinction to set it apart from Victory. Melbourne is big enough for two teams, it's just a matter of selling the product properly.
                          Its easier just to pull the plug on those inbreeds
                          AGAIN THIS IS ALSO BANTER WHAT DO YOU EXPECT A VICTORY SUPPORTER TO SAY

But for some reason when it comes to Heart trying to expand, it isn't good for the sport in your view. Bit hypocritical.
                          I wouldn't say Heart trying to expand isn't good for the sport, its just that this expansion idea is unattainable proof is in the pudding. Though i will say, televised games with empty seats is bad advertisement for the sport, therfor.....its detrimental to the game.

Show arrogance if you want, that's fine. But stop trying to dictate everything that happens in this city. Let the Hearts be.
                          OMG
                          I think people in here have overestimated you, in particular your mentality. Seriously wtf is all this about.

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                          Melbourne Victory Hellass

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Well i'll be......

You seem to know the ethnic composition of the supporter base of Victory........ even Hearts
                            Infact you have seen them
                            Why do you keep bringing this up? I already said that we can't know for sure without an official census. Anything else is just speculation.

sega nogu barash i nogu drapash.

Your claims that "Victory has a large Greek following" was intended by you to come across as "Fact" and no census was needed back then.
                            Nope, I used the words 'from what I've seen' and 'seems.' These imply a personal opinion, not a fact. If I were expressing a fact I would've used the words 'I know' or 'does.' Read my posts more carefully or brush up on your English chojek. I'll say it one last time, I don't care. Let's say hypothetically Melbourne Heart has a larger Greek following as a percentage of their supporter base. And...? Unless they decide to bring politics into a non-ethnic club, I'm struggling to see what the issue is here.

Irrelevent.....i didn't make a claim what ethnic base and size of them that follow a particular club. You did and you based it on a few avid Victory supporters you knew. I stated that i will not deny there are Greeks that support the club, i just challenged this Large amount you dreamed about. I also mentioned how i have (personal expeiriance) noticed there is a large numbers of Macedonians at the club, i even supplied a comment made by a non Macedonian who is head of the Melbourne Victory supporters group, which large majority of our supporters know him personaly (and obviously visa versa) who is also involved at club meetings as a representative on behalf of the supporters and is privy to certain information such as lists of names of members. But you want a census, (and there could have been one at the club for all we know for the sake of marketing) but next you would probably only accept a UN sanctioned one only lol
                            Your stubbornness can't be pleased.
                            Lavce mentioned that Melbourne Victory are grci. I just replied with my opinion in regards to the ethnic composition of the two Melbourne clubs. Why do you find this offensive? I note that you're only pissed off about my opinion on the Victory supporters...you didn't pull me up on my claim that I believe a fair few Turks follow the Heart. Obviously you don't want Melbourne Victory to be associated with Greeks in any shape or form, and you find this offensive. No different to how I found your references to Olympiakos, Red Star and South Melbourne in poor taste.

I highly doubt he has met the majority of Melbourne Victory supporters. People may know who he is, but he won't know every Melbourne Victory supporter...unless he has met tens of thousands of people. I don't want a census, I'm just saying that it is the only way that you can possibly declare the ethnic composition of clubs as fact. Members don't disclose their nationality when they sign up as a member, so a list of names (let alone only members) is barely adequate to satisfy the requirements of a census.

No I don't need a UN sanctioned census either. I don't care who follows Melbourne Victory or Melbourne Heart. They are only supporting the world game.

Mate.....you have the problem for feeling insulted. Banter is banter.

Yeh funny wasn't it lol
                            Get a spine mate. I spoke in a similar manner to Momce and he took it on the chin.
                            There's a difference between bagging the actual club (which is banter) and bringing in completely irrelevant ethnic based attacks. FWIW, Victory have blue and white as their colours...go figure. Childish isn't it?

I'm just sick of hearing the same shit everytime I say I go for Hearts. It gets rather old, trust me.

Is this a joke??? seriously, is it a joke? za grevota si dete, which Maco did i compare to a Serb or Greek?

Bagged his club just the same, no difference numbnuts JK
                            You compared Heart to Greek and Serb clubs. I happen to support Hearts. Even in my reply to that 'banter' I was relatively tolerant and just wanted to express how I happened to start following the Heart. I turn around and throw in an association between Greeks and Victory and you get pissed off all of a sudden. What's the difference? Am I the only one who is meant to brush it off as banter, yet you can't adhere to the same standard?

Anything anyone says is meaningless to you. Geeeeeesh, now i know what Vangelovski was dealing with.
                            I may disagree with Tom on a few topics, but his opinion is always well informed. He does his research, something you haven't done here. You continue to tip-toe around the facts I've presented in my last few posts. Perhaps because I pointed out the misinformation you were spreading, and now those comments you made look somewhat unhelpful to the agenda you are pushing here.

Neither have you, so next time molchi.
                            I don't need to, it doesn't bother me who supports the Heart. I'm happy to see anyone from any ethnic background jumping on board.

Then why bring it up
                            I'm more than happy to end the discussion on the ethnic composition of the clubs right now.

No you wont, you want a census, have you forgotten?
                            No, I'm saying that anything that has been said thus far is simply speculation. If you want fact, go do your own census.

Yes they would, they need your witches hats, the only thing thats worth anything at your club

THIS IS ALSO BANTER MATE PLEASE DON"T HAVE A BABY

Its easier just to pull the plug on those inbreeds
                            AGAIN THIS IS ALSO BANTER WHAT DO YOU EXPECT A VICTORY SUPPORTER TO SAY
                            Wheelie Bin FC, Green Seat Elite, etc...heard all this before. I find it pretty funny and am fine with that kind of banter.

I wouldn't say Heart trying to expand isn't good for the sport, its just that this expansion idea is unattainable proof is in the pudding. Though i will say, televised games with empty seats is bad advertisement for the sport, therfor.....its detrimental to the game.
                            Hopefully one FTA game per week on SBS will help boost interest in the league next season. Should be good. There is always going to be empty seats. You can't expect to introduce a new team and pack out the stadium in the first game. Most teams struggle to fill up their respective stadiums, so empty seats are inevitable. Hardly worth folding a club over.

OMG
                            I think people in here have overestimated you, in particular your mentality. Seriously wtf is all this about.

Think what you want about me. You were pretty quick to get stuck into me over barely anything, so you've probably held this opinion for a while now. By all means, keep using this thread as fuel. If you've got an issue with me then PM me and we'll discuss it there. No point creating dramas on the main board, this dialogue just seems to be in a loop at the moment.
                            Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 01-29-2013, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Why do you keep bringing this up?
                              A reminder for you to see what exactly it was you said

I already said that we can't know for sure without an official census. Anything else is just speculation.
                              Yeh you did back peddle (slightly) after i challenged your ludicrous unfounded estimation.

Nope, I used the words 'from what I've seen
                              And what you have seen, is a few avid Victory supporters that you know, and based your assumption from that.

Then you go on to say how seeing is not believing QUOTE: "You can attend every game of the season and still not know the ethnic composition of a supporter base." and would only accept a census.lol

These imply a personal opinion, not a fact.
                              Spare me your English lesson.
                              I challenged your Personal opinion (its all i did) and it came out to be this opinion of yours is definitely not a fact but in your head, im sure it will remain a fact.

If I were expressing a fact I would've used the words 'I know' or 'does.'
                              'Does' = 'Have' same shit.
                              QUOTE=EgejskaMakedonia: "Melbourne Victory have a large Greek following"

Oh and you, QUOTE: "seen it" (just to make it sound more a fact...... a mate).

I note that you're only pissed off about my opinion on the Victory supporters...

No different to how I found your references to Olympiakos, Red Star and South Melbourne in poor taste.

Why do you find this offensive?
                              pak se fati vo stapica lol
                              Questioning (sounding dumb founded) to my feelings and reactions while you admit to react the same way to similar banter.
                              Is this a double standard or what.

Obviously you don't want Melbourne Victory to be associated with Greeks in any shape or form,
                              Nonsense, I just challenged your figures after your defence (more a confirmation on your behalf) of Lavce implying Victory is a Greek club "Grci se"

Note i didn't take offence with to Lavce (so much for your association with Greeks theory) i just corrected his theory and gave him advise if he wanted to see my point. But you are different, you babble on about we Ultras, firm, leave us Heart alone and don't tell you what to do, census, now you see it now you don't etc etc.

FWIW, Victory have blue and white as their colours...go figure. Childish isn't it?
                              Well since you brought it up, dete.......all Victorian representitive clubs in all sports wear the Navy blue with white and some with the V. VFL (Aussie rules) Bush Rangers (Cricket) etc. Its the Victorian colours stemming from the Eureka Flag in Victory's case, (apart from sticking with Victorian tradition) the idea was it represents a Union amongst many nationalities colour or race, (not just Greeks). I know you are being silly, but i thought i will give a history lesson of my club. What is yours? Why red and white stripes? Are they possibly marketing for Olympiakos fans (Greeks) who would be a large number in Melbourne? I'm only guessing.

You compared Heart to Greek and Serb clubs.
                              To use your words, "Why do you find this offensive?"
                              By the way, Do you deny there is a big resemblance in the strip of all three clubs?

You continue to tip-toe around the facts I've presented in my last few posts.
                              Facts or opinions, i cant keep up with you mate.
                              Re tip toe, we've seen your back peddling and double standards mate trying to weasel away from ridiculous comments you made.

I'm more than happy to end the discussion on the ethnic composition of the clubs right now.
                              I accept your surrender. Next time ne se pray nogu pameten deka sve snajsh za site.

Think what you want about me. You were pretty quick to get stuck into me over barely anything, so you've probably held this opinion for a while now..
                              Don't give us this victim crap, if you (a passive supporter who recently found interest) can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

If you've got an issue with me then PM me and we'll discuss it there. No point creating dramas on the main board,
                              Oh please....we are discussing a football matter on a forum and nothing to hide. Why and what would i pm you, i love you? if you can't handle this stop writing fucken responses like a smart ass in the size of dictionaries like you always do. Two can play that game. Initialy, all i asked was how you came to the number of Greeks conclusion. Rest was club banter.

this dialogue just seems to be in a loop at the moment.
                              Caused by you straying

"I am offended, Why are you offended", "ive seen it, No i haven't", "its Fact........ no hang on its an opinion" "its Banter.....no its not"
                              Last edited by Bill77; 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X