• Show
Clear All
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

Macedonia vs Romania

what are our chances in this match up?
    Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Warrior
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
      Macedonia vs Romania

what are our chances in this match up?
      I think we should open up a new thread for this one. Prolet please proceed with the honours!!!

Australia played their defensive game and at no stage were threaten by the Danes, which moved the ball so slowly that a turtle would have out ran them. It did nothing to unsettle the Aussies defensive formation with the two screen midfielders. As football laws go, if the opposition does not score you are always with a chance to score a flukey goal, so Kennedy did.

It will be interesting against USA.....as both teams might sit back for each other to attack.
      Btw good games by Neill and Moore at the back and i dont mind the wing backs in Chipperfield and Wilkshire, certainly worthy of their team selection.

Ghana lost 4:1 to Holland, but i wouldnt read too much in that result as the last two goals were conceded in the last 5 minutes when number of subs were made.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Thanks Warrior

I think the USA game will be a good test, Australia should win it.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Warrior
          • Jan 2010

Good to see Pim kept Vidosic on board. As an x-factor i think he should have kept Oar and probably sent Jedinak packing or Valeri. He has too many similar midfield players and Oar is a future possible star!!

P.S. Administrators, is it possible to make this topic sticky please whilst the WC is on?

Comment

• sydney
            • Sep 2008

valeri was solid against denmark and jedinak is becoming a class act, so i can't understand your views there. no time for 'x-factoring' at the world cup my friend, you slip up once and you're gone. i think the squad pretty much picked itself.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
              http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/au...-1225874705117

Good to see Pim kept Vidosic on board. As an x-factor i think he should have kept Oar and probably sent Jedinak packing or Valeri. He has too many similar midfield players and Oar is a future possible star!!

P.S. Administrators, is it possible to make this topic sticky please whilst the WC is on?
              I agree...Vidosic provides some genuine pace up front, he can be used late in games when the opposition starts to tire...

I thought the Aussies were good against Denmark and I reckon they looked a bit fitter than the Danes as the game approached full time...I'm looking forward to the game against the americans, if the aussies can run out the game well and show good composure for the 90 mins we will be a good chance to get out of our group...

Comment

• Warrior
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                valeri was solid against denmark and jedinak is becoming a class act, so i can't understand your views there. no time for 'x-factoring' at the world cup my friend, you slip up once and you're gone. i think the squad pretty much picked itself.
                If you look at the striking option you have Kennedy, Kewell and Rukavytsa. Kewell is still a 50/50 proposition. Maybe Holman can play forward but he is more of an attacking midfielder. I think he needs more striking power, he has ample defensive midfielders. I dont see Jedinak getting much game time, but time will tell....Oar can play as an attacking winger like Kewell and also can partner a lone striker. So he could have been a safety if Kewell does not come up. I still dont see how he is going to be match ready as he hasnt played a single match in the past few months. He will have only one match agaist USA and if he does not come through, i am not sure if he can be replaced in the squad.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                  If you look at the striking option you have Kennedy, Kewell and Rukavytsa. Kewell is still a 50/50 proposition. Maybe Holman can play forward but he is more of an attacking midfielder. I think he needs more striking power, he has ample defensive midfielders. I dont see Jedinak getting much game time, but time will tell....Oar can play as an attacking winger like Kewell and also can partner a lone striker. So he could have been a safety if Kewell does not come up. I still dont see how he is going to be match ready as he hasnt played a single match in the past few months. He will have only one match agaist USA and if he does not come through, i am not sure if he can be replaced in the squad.
                  There's no way known Kewell will be able to play a full game...it will be interesting to see how he's used, whether he starts games or comes off the bench...

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Kewell really needs to play against USA, he needs match fitness otherwise it will be very tough for him against Germany.

Warrior, Word has it that Vince Grella is wanted by Galatasaray.
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Warrior
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                      Kewell really needs to play against USA, he needs match fitness otherwise it will be very tough for him against Germany.

Warrior, Word has it that Vince Grella is wanted by Galatasaray.

It looks like Serbia and Greece will be making up the numbers going by the results in their friendlies.

If Vince does go to Galatasaray, at least he will be exposed to a decent brand of football and not kick and rush crap that they have at Blackburn at the moment. It might be a good move.....

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Poland is not a weak side believe me and the conditions were terrible, it was worse then the Port Adelaide-Richmond game only it was heavily raining. If you watched the game it wasnt so bad, both sides had their chances and looked for a win i dont think Serbia is playing badly i just think they cant score thats all. Ghana got thumped 4-1 by Holland but it makes no difference, as long as they play their game and get match fitness it counts in the end.

Im not sure if you recall in 2006 for the world cup, Ecuador's preparations where terrible they lost something like 4-5 friendly games in their preparations, they even lost to us 2-1 if you recall the Goran Maznov goal when he was on his arse and the Igor Mitreski penalty yet in their group with hosts Germany they got 2 wins and made it to the next round. It was only a classy David Beckham free kick that knocked them out of the tournament.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                          Poland is not a weak side believe me and the conditions were terrible, it was worse then the Port Adelaide-Richmond game only it was heavily raining. If you watched the game it wasnt so bad, both sides had their chances and looked for a win i dont think Serbia is playing badly i just think they cant score thats all. Ghana got thumped 4-1 by Holland but it makes no difference, as long as they play their game and get match fitness it counts in the end.

Im not sure if you recall in 2006 for the world cup, Ecuador's preparations where terrible they lost something like 4-5 friendly games in their preparations, they even lost to us 2-1 if you recall the Goran Maznov goal when he was on his arse and the Igor Mitreski penalty yet in their group with hosts Germany they got 2 wins and made it to the next round. It was only a classy David Beckham free kick that knocked them out of the tournament.
                          Prolet have you blown a vuvuzela...?

Comment

• Warrior
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Prolet have you blown a vuvuzela...?
                            Some of his posts do point to the fact that he is blowing something at times.....

Comment

• Warrior
                              • Jan 2010

Italy has been beaten by Mexico overnight. Sprain and Germany struggled to overcome Korea and Bosnia respectively in their warm up games, even though they fielded close to their best teams.

Comment

• Warrior
                                • Jan 2010

The wives and girlfriends of the players who will play at the tournament in South Africa.

Iker Casillas has done very well.........

Comment

Working...
                                X