X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Does anybody know the political views of Artim Shakiri, the former captain on the Macedonian national squad? I remember one time where after a game a massive (real) Macedonian flag was held by the Macedonian players including Shakiri. That may not mean much, but I would be interested to know if he has also expressed irredentist views against Macedonia at some point.
    I think he would be one of the 'moderate' Albanians. There is some facebook page that describes him as 'One of the greatest Balkans athletes and great anti-nationalist and humanitarian. Great footballer, above all.' How legit this statement is, who knows.

He was a great player for Macedonia and I'll never forget his goal directly from a corner against England. Although, when you see videos like this, it makes you think twice.

Ballistet welcoming Artim Shaqiri - YouTube

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Does anybody know the political views of Artim Shakiri, the former captain on the Macedonian national squad? I remember one time where after a game a massive (real) Macedonian flag was held by the Macedonian players including Shakiri. That may not mean much, but I would be interested to know if he has also expressed irredentist views against Macedonia at some point.
      The incident I think you're talking about happened in 2003 I believe in Turkey when Turkish fans started throwing bottles at Macedonian players on the pitch then Sakiri took out the Macedonian flag and just started waving it to the crowd. I think it was coz we were winning at that stage, we went on to lose 3-2. That's how I remember the situation. I believe he isn't nationalistic considering he was the only Albanian that played for Macedonia for a long time even during the 2001 conflict. I saw him walking around Struga a few times last time I was there. His last club was Skendija from Tetovo and we all know about their fans so who knows but I don't think so.

Interesting fact the keeper of Skendija who represented Macedonia last year in the qualification for Champions League Suad Zendeli is a terrorist who participated in the 2001 conflict but was given amnesty shortly after. Here are the links of terrorists given amnesty: http://crisis.vmacedonia.com/doc/amnest.htm and the link of him joining his club just days after: http://star.vest.com.mk/default.asp?...&rubrika=Sport.

I guess it's no big deal having terrorists turned footballers playing in our league considering they became our politicians. Impossible is nothing in Macedonia.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

I stayed up to watch the final round of the 2011-2012 EPL season, and I'm so glad I did. The ending was absolutely spectacular. With 4 minutes left, man city needed 2 goals to win the title and they pulled it off in an unforgettable last few minutes. The emotions shown by not only the man city fans, but even the man united, qpr and Bolton fans was incredible.

Although my team (villa) was a thread away from being relegated in what was a dire season, I'll never forget this finale. Well done man city, you may be a bunch of glory hunters, but you deserved it this season.

I'm still full of excitement and adrenalin even though I don't even support the team. What a great sport.

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

Me too EM. I caught the second half and I can say I've never witnessed a finish to a season like that. Amazing and well deserved to City!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Yeh, we won't see something like that often, that's for certain.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

ФФМ нема да реагира кај УЕФА за паролата „Македонија е грчка“!
              13 јун 2012 16:24

Фудбалската федерација на Македонија реши да не реагира за провокацијата на грчките навивачи на Евро 2012, каде што на мечот Полска – Грција го истакнаа знамето од Кутлеш со порака: Македонија е грчка. Генералниот секретар на Федерацијата, Игор Климпер, вели дека ФФМ немала да реагира зашто не станувало збор за официјално знаме на нашата држава.

ФФМ реши да молчи на паролата напишана на знамето од Кутлеш, зашто тоа не било официјално македонско

„Тоа не е официјално знаме и ние затоа нема да реагираме. Кога беше случајот на Косово, кога ни беше запалено нашето знаме, веднаш реагиравме. Но сега нема да упатиме протестно писмо“, вели Климпер.

За разлика од ФФМ, ФАРЕ ја пријави Русија за истакнување на знаме на царска Русија на мечот со Полска, по што УЕФА покрена истрага и веројатно парично ќе ја казни Зборнаја.

Русите ќе заработат казна поради истакнување на знамето на царска Русија, за кое ФАРЕ оцени дека е провокација

УЕФА сигурно ќе поведеше постапка против Грција во случај нашиот јужен сосед да беше пријавен, но без реакција од засегната страна, нема да има ни казна. ФФМ во најмала рака можеше инцидентот да го пријави во ФАРЕ, кој на Евро 2012 е присутен со 31 стручњак за антидискриминација, па постапката ќе следеше автоматски. По нашето молчење, Грција и овојпат ќе си мине неказнета за истакнување политички пароли на спортски натпревар.
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

Is the FFM that stupid they should all be sacked.
                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Just watching the replay of Greece vs Bosnia that was played in Greece. Just after the 29 minute mark, i heard the Bosnian travelling fans chant
                  MAKEDONIA! MAKEDONIA! MAKEDONIA! followed by loud boooo's right around the ground by the Greek fans.

Can any Greek in this forum please shed some light on this as to why Greeks did not join in the MAKEDONIA chant instead of being irate and jeering??????

oh yeh......you are MAKEDONIA! only in your dreams and fantasies, but when you are awake and in reality (which is rarely), Macedonia and anything associated with it, is to painful.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• United MKD
                    • Jul 2011

Well done to the Bosnians.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Just watching the replay of Greece vs Bosnia that was played in Greece. Just after the 29 minute mark, i heard the Bosnian travelling fans chant
                      MAKEDONIA! MAKEDONIA! MAKEDONIA! followed by loud boooo's right around the ground by the Greek fans.

Can any Greek in this forum please shed some light on this as to why Greeks did not join in the MAKEDONIA chant instead of being irate and jeering??????

oh yeh......you are MAKEDONIA! only in your dreams and fantasies, but when you are awake and in reality (which is rarely), Macedonia and anything associated with it, is to painful.
                      Haha that's awesome. Have you got a link to a video? I might have a look around.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Upon searching up the game, it was reported that the Greek fans set fire to a Bosnian flag.

A small group of Greek fans booed while the Bosnian national anthem was being played at Karaiskaki stadium, and later set fire to a Bosnian flag. The traveling fans responded by taunting the Greeks with chants of "Macedonia, Macedonia."

Here's a full replay of the match.

If you go to 45:08 you can see the Greek supporters burning the Bosnia flag, and a few seconds later you can clearly hear the 'Makedonia' chant from the Bosnians. Needless to say the Greeks didn't like it.

Really poor form by the Greeks. Respect to the Bosnian fans who responded to their horrendous behaviour.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

Haha, I love how the commentator thinks the crowd is booing because of the 'time taken' for the throw in.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            Upon searching up the game, it was reported that the Greek fans set fire to a Bosnian flag.

Here's a full replay of the match.

If you go to 45:08 you can see the Greek supporters burning the Bosnia flag, and a few seconds later you can clearly hear the 'Makedonia' chant from the Bosnians. Needless to say the Greeks didn't like it.

Really poor form by the Greeks. Respect to the Bosnian fans who responded to their horrendous behaviour.
                            Can anyone upload the Macedonia chant part to YouTube? This stupid iPad won't let me view the vid.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                              • Sep 2008

Macedonia beats Serbia today 1-0 off a penalty from Agim Ibraimi
                              "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Serb Fans enter Stadium with Greek flags

There is no friendship when it comes to football.

Couple of hundred Serb fans entered the East section of the stadium with Greek flags which caused major reaction by Macedonian fans.
                                To settle the situation, police quickly entered the stadium where the Serb fans were and took away the flags, roughing up few of the fans who preferred to held on to the Greek flags. The police batons quickly changed their mind.

Macedonian fans were still displeased by the provocations from the northern neighbour so they booed the Serb national anthem. The Serbs did the same for the Macedonian national anthem.
                                Earlier tense moments between Macedonian and Serb simply moved from the city, into the stadium. This afternoon few scuffles erupted sending several Serb fans to the hospital.

It is unsure why Macedonian police allowed the arrival of Serb fans for the match, when they are well known to cause problems everywhere they travel. During the previous world cup qualifications two of their matches were suspended because of incidents. http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/22035/1/
                                trebashe pentrako vo gazojte da mu gi piknefne i da vidime setne kolku sakat grcki. da mu go ebam krvta srpska.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X