• Show
Clear All
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

England lost, rubbish

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

2 officials caught & suspended for trying to sell the vote count breakdown.THe fact that qatar got selected is a joke because they have to build 6 airconditioned stadiums.The place
      is 1/6 the size of tasmania.Qatar threw huge amount of resources$$$$$$$.Qatar never even qualified for the fa cup.Their population is 1.6 million,there's nothing to see except camels,oilwells & desrt & 50degree stinking heat.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

its briberry & corruption thats how qatar got it.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Ottoman
          Banned
          • Nov 2010

Qatar? is this a joke?

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
            Qatar? is this a joke?
            No.....But Australia received only one vote and got knocked out in the first round, therefor Sth Korea who could be Nuked any day now was favored ahead of Australia, Now that's a joke.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

I'm very dissapointed, but Australia's bid was half-arsed and half-hearted.

Qatar pledged far more money on preparation for the World Cup, as well as promising to build their stadiums in such a manner that they could later be disassembled and those world-class stadiums sent to the world's poorest nations, for free, to promote football/soccer. That's a pretty big card to play and if you have the money, then why not?

Anyway, Brazil in 2014 should be great, I won't be missing that one and Russia should be good too, a great reason to see Russia again.

Comment

• makalek
                • Apr 2010

Here were the complete voting results for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups:

First Round

England, 2 votes,

Belgium-Netherlands, 4

Spain-Portugal, 7

Russia, 9

(England eliminated)

Second Round

Belgium-Netherlands, 2

Spain-Portugal, 7

Russia, 13

(Russia wins with an absolute majority)

Australia, 1

Japan, 3

United States, 3

South Korea, 4

Qatar, 11

(Australia eliminated)

Second Round

Japan, 2

South Korea, 5

United States, 5

Qatar 10

(Japan eliminated)

Third Round

South Korea, 5

United States, 6

Qatar, 11

(South Korea eliminated)

Fourth Round

United States, 8

Qatar, 14

(Qatar wins with an absolute majority)

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Rogi, Thats $40 million flushed down the dunny

To spend so much money,time and effort its absolutely disgusting. This was by far Australia's best chance of hosting the world cup im not sure there will be another opportunity like this maybe in the next 30-40 years or so. I honestly thought that Australia had realistic chances but now seeing the scorecard and Australia finishing dead last with one lousy vote i feel sick in the guts, its obvious that it was fixed just look at the Qatar votes. I cant see anything positive about this, i would rather see USA win it or Japan.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Frank
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2010

To spend so much money,time and effort its absolutely disgusting. This was by far Australia's best chance of hosting the world cup im not sure there will be another opportunity like this maybe in the next 30-40 years or so. I honestly thought that Australia had realistic chances but now seeing the scorecard and Australia finishing dead last with one lousy vote i feel sick in the guts, its obvious that it was fixed just look at the Qatar votes. I cant see anything positive about this, i would rather see USA win it or Japan.
                    40 million is a small amount for the Work done and not a waste of Money although the FFA would have had it hard to convince the Federal Government to spend money on the Domestic game (without the other sports crying foul) just like how in the 90's how Japanese and South Korean Govts worked to eclipse baseball and not be caught up in the protection of domestic past times.

But in saying that Australia from a perspective looking outside truly DOES NOT deserve to host Footballs show piece. Football in this Country still is largely disrespected and the Ignorance to it is embarrassing. Here in little ol Perth the call by the West Australian Premier was "We don't need to build a Soccer stadium know" - Wow what a relief Mr Premier we can go back to the Beaches and those potato shufflers we call our 'Footy' teams.

Honestly it is a relief for many and ignorance, Football is more then then World Cup much more. I would like to see the Tournament here absolutely but not until Football has a position in this Country were domestic oval ball games rank less, much less.

FIFA awarded the Cup to SA out of a conscience vote, the USA in 94 for obvious North American exposure whilst Qatar offered more in terms of Development of Football beyond the Tournament Australia did not, what could a 1.6 million patch of Oil rich land offer you all ask that Australia could not, read Graig Fosters opinion on the World Game it is a little more then the ring of $ that swayed FIFA to the other side.
                    Last edited by Frank; 12-03-2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Frank, Whats the url on the story?
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Frank
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2010

Australia's multicultural and multilingual broadcaster. Includes news, sport, entertainment, documentary, film, food, radio and television schedule with program information.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post

Prolet, $40M is serious coin but if Australia was successful it would have created some 74,000 jobs, regional Australia would have had stadium investments in the order of $300M each, it would have been a massive economic windfall for Australia and the game itself...in that light, $40 million was possibly chicken shit to lure the World Cup circus to Australia...one now wonders how much the Russian and Qatar bids put up to win the rights...?

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Phoenix, I agree, it makes me sick in the guts to know that Qatar won it before the votes where put in. Australia would have made billions in tourism no doubt about it, however when you think about it $40 million is alot of money and its gone down the toilet when you consider the fact that we only got one vote. I think England should have won 2018 realistically but again Russia is not a bad choice however Qatar shouldnt be in the running at all. The Asia Cup was moved to January because they cant host it in June/July.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Makalek, Ivan Trickovski and Boban Grncarov both scored for Apoel Nicosia in a 2-2 draw. The Trickovski goal was a cracker, a wonder goal.

YouTube - AEL apoel 2-2

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

What a Vassal scoring for a Greek team
                                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
                                X