X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
    The ancient Macedonian language utilised a Greek alphabet, and on a worse case scenario, even if it wasn't the same language, it was definitely a Hellenic dialect intelligible to other Greek speakers.
    That is utter bullshit,even ancient contemporary Greek historians noted that Macedonians and Greeks needed translators to understand each other when macedonians spoke in their native tongue (there are a lot of examples where Alexander talks to the Greek forces in his army in Attic and then talks separately to his Macedonians in ancient macedonian,because they couldn't understand each other).
    As far as the use of the Greek alphabet is concerned,back at that tame it was practically the only alphabet around so they didn't get much of a choice,did they?
    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

So we got proof of the doctoring that went on to falsiy data,f
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

Niko, all I can see is Hellenic sounding names
        Breaking news everyone, names that appear on the list above such as Angelofski, Vasilofski, Andonofski, Stoicho, Stoyian, Nedelko, Bozin and so on are now Greek sounding names according to Poligiros

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Poligiros
          However, these people become pure Hellenes within 10 years, I remember the Russo-Pontians that came in the late 90s, most had a Hellenic grandfather, they are very Hellenic today as a their children.
          Every time you apply terms like "pure Hellene" to people of a multi-ethnic background you open yourself up to ridicule and mockery.
          .......as far as I know, for the last few hundred years at least, a part of my family........have been Hellenic speakers for millenniums......
          Impossible to verify. And contradictory. Look up the definition of a millennium.
          ......can read the ancient Macedonian inscriptions at the local museum
          Aside from some citations of personal names, place names and a small corpus of words recorded in foreign tongues, the language of the ancient Macedonians did not have a literature (at least none that we're aware of at the moment). What you read at your local museums are inscriptions in an ancient Hellenic language which can also be found in other parts of Europe and Asia. Be it your intention or not, your generalisation appears to purport that all of the scribes who wrote in that language were Hellenes. Given the prestige of this language in antiquity as one of trade, administration and education, that is tantamount to assuming that all documents in Africa written in French, English and German were produced by Europeans. This has been explained ad infinitum to others of your kind here who have presented their perspectives in a disingenuous manner.
          Even though I am not Pontian, I believe they have some right to claim Macedonian descent....
          Sure, as much as somebody from Pakistan has the same right.
          .......Hellenic Byzantium...
          Anachronistic. Contradictory. Increasingly easy to anticipate.
          The Pella curse tablet, a text written in a distinct Doric Greek dialect, found in 1986 and dated to between mid to early 4th century BC, has been forwarded as an argument that the ancient Macedonian language was a dialect of North-Western Greek, part of the Doric dialects.
          A false argument given that the language on the tablet does not exhibit the same sound changes as Macedonian, therefore rendering it decidedly non-Macedonian.
          However, what posters are missing is the fact that the Hellenistic age commenced with Alexander......
          Actually, such a notion did not exist during the alleged "Hellenistic age". The people of that era simply did not see it the way you see it today. The whole concept and label was conjured in the 19th century as a means of simplification. But it was never that simple.
          ......unification of the Greek city/states.
          The city-states were subjugated and 'unified' at the end of Phillip's sword. They were subject to the will of another power. Name one people in history who wished to be unified in such a manner?
          ........us Hellenes love Alexander for spreading Hellenism to the known world and commencing the Hellenistic age.
          Many of the real Hellenes who were alive during that period mourned the loss of their freedom, mocked the death of Alexander and rose up in rebellion at the slightest sign of Macedonian weakness. The last thing those Hellenes cared about was some Indian learning how to speak Hellenic, which in itself was a by-product of Alexander's campaign and not the determining factor for Macedonian conquest.
          However there are Macedonian "slavs".......
          That will be the last time you use such a phrase here.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Som,

That my friend, was more precise, damaging and subjugating than the end of Phillips sword. Phillip would have been so envious.......

You know now, you will become a Greek and their hero right?
            Last edited by Bill77; 10-02-2015, 09:12 PM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

The word Hellene is a meaningless term a play on words.You can only be one thing you cant decide one day you are greek the next day you are hellene some mythological made up beast for an identity.We know you are fooling some people.You think you can just tap in to some fancifull identity.You are up to ridicule.Even the name Greece is only a recent creation.You know you only got solon or Pisistratus to fall on why don't you reinvent yourself as you do a Hellene what a joke.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                This is not true for the majority of Aegean Macedonia. Church Manuscripts written in Macedonian from the middle ages were being destroyed by Greek clergy since the 1700s.
                Myth No 1

Records from Ottomans and Bulgarians were destroyed by the Greeks after 1913.
                Myth No 2

Most of the post 1913 records were destroyed in the Greek Civil War.
                Myth No 3

The records that did survive the civil war, such as marriage/baptism records that were kept in local village churches, were destroyed during the Papadopoulos regime in the 1960s.
                Myth No 4 (at least this is an original one)

The 1914 Greek census that took place in Aegean Macedonia survived but today's authorities won't let you see the original hand written list of names, they only show you a data entry list printed off a PC that was completely Hellenized by some stupid data entry clerk in the dimarxio. Here is a sample page from the 1914 Greek census for a village in Lerin region. Tell me Poligiros, what do you see? Looks like someone tried to Hellenize it, but was not completely successful
                What makes you say that? Are you sure you can read it?

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Remember how anything slav writing etc deemed was destroyed as well as place names.So what else is new .Do you think they didnt do itlIts part and parcel of being conquered.I'm not surprised at all.Attrocities etc are committed on people all the time.Of course there are
                  denials that it didnt happen.The people know and much has been written.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

"However, these people become pure Hellenes within 10 years, I remember the Russo-Pontians that came in the late 90s, most had a Hellenic grandfather, they are very Hellenic today as a their children." You cant change people's ethnicity or your imagination runs wild you are suddenly a hellene.Its all made up myths and legends to deceive the greek people .It like hitler telling the german people they are the supreme aryan race,
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                      Myth No 1

Myth No 2

Myth No 3

Myth No 4 (at least this is an original one)

Amphipolis......
                      You make some convincing arguments there mate.
                      Ever thought of becoming a Lawyer ?
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Why dont you just change it to big lie 1,2. big lie 3.We are dealing with morons who wont admit to anything.You havent convinced me you may not become a lawyer if your life depended on it.We know how greek clergy and the govt destroyed macedonian inscriptions etc.Remember greek claims macedonians didn't exist.So they went on a literary crusade to prove the greekness of macedonia.They forgot to destroy all their own writings that prove macedonians exist.
                        Last edited by George S.; 10-03-2015, 09:40 AM.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
                          • Sep 2008

Finally some sense. The ancient Macedonian language utilised a Greek alphabet, and on a worse case scenario, even if it wasn't the same language, it was definitely a Hellenic dialect intelligible to other Greek speakers.
                          Some sense? Where did I write or state that the ancient Macedonians utilized a Greek alphabet? Where?

However, what posters are missing is the fact that the Hellenistic age commenced with Alexander and unification of the Greek city/states.
                          Anachronistic term. Borza debunked this concept of hellenization long ago, as Alexander the Great had no concept of spreading Hellenism anywhere.

The ancient Macedonians were of Dorian stock, not totally exclusive of the other Greek city/states. If they were totally dissimilar, a different culture and language would have been spread east and the likely scenario is that modern day Hellenic republic would be using Alexanders "different" language today!
                          Strange concept to Herodotus, as ancient Macedonians were considered foreigners.

You have failed to address anything written regarding this and other issues.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Hellenism ended with alexander not spread,There is evidence of that for the next 2500 years after alexander.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              Amphipolis......
                              You make some convincing arguments there mate.
                              Ever thought of becoming a Lawyer ?
                              or a Greek history teacher? Like the ones that are employed in Macedonian villages where they brainwash our young children into thinking they are descendants of Pericles and Pavlos Melas...

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post

What makes you say that? Are you sure you can read it?
                                I wouldn't post it if I couldn't read it. The list I posted contain Macedonian names both in their original form and in obvious Hellenized form. Why are you and Poligiros choosing to ignore this fact?

Comment

Working...
                                X