X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

What more evidence do you need George S other than the god of Abraham spoken of in the new testament and the Quran?

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Yes spitfire what have we got in islam A false god created by mohammed.They even worshipped the moon as if it were a god.They didn't know the moon orbits the earth and its not a god.In the bible god says in vain do they worship me teaching the commandments and doctrines of men.""Yes the islam religion has roots to the abrahamic religion but its not a god inspired religion but its mans attempt to invent a new religion from the existing one .A vain attempt at that.Does islam really represent god or their self impised god allah.The answer is obvious.People born in that area haven't got much of a choice but to accept their status quo.The real god not allah won't be too happy to see a religion such as the islam come up.Its just a rehash of someone elses' religion.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

And another thing if islam is an uninspired work and its of man about god that they refer to as allah.Then that initself speaks volumes.Islam offers the same deal i would guess of the old testament as what they make god to be.Look at the new testament and see what jesus reveals about the REAL GOD of the universe.Also there is a plan for god to follow with man.With islam??question mark.Jesus was is the messiah.God will save mankind in his way.Islam is it saving man???Jesus is god ,gods son .Islam doesn't even recognize him for that.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

George S. I don't know what you are talking about. What moon, what flat earth, what man made religion.

I'll give you that though. The best rock opera is about Jesus.

Heaven on Their Minds - YouTube

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Spi fire you are on a different wavelength what i was going to say regardless where mohamed's religion came from.His idea was to start a new religion or following.That he did.
            Today we have a lot of complete breakaway religions.Think about how all the religions are formed in mens minds.Think about how the real religion about god etc is god inspired.There should be one god one religion but there isn't .Islam sprouted because one man mohamed wanted to start a new religion it was based on the jewish religion.You call it abrahamic.
            Who cares it beleives in a contrary god allah.This is the god of the quiran is not the god of the old and new testaments.A false god if you will to mislead the many.They worshipped the moon as a god,they worshipped meterorites fashioned into a bull in mecca you don't even know that.Mohamed has got preeminence over jesus.Think about what sort of religion it really is.Its not gods religion its a false religion.Its adherents preach hatred of the western way of life and even death.
            Thats how i got into the comparative religion and nearly went for the doctor of divinty.So you be carefull as i do know whole more about god and religion.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Constellation
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
              What more evidence do you need George S other than the god of Abraham spoken of in the new testament and the Quran?
              How sad. How sad indeed.

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                So you be carefull as i do know whole more about god and religion.
                Sure. Whatever you say George S.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

what i was saying think how islam crept up on people.What choice did they have but to accept the religion.As far as denying the diety of jesus there are other dissasociated things.
                  Think about it.Its a narrow view of the old testament.So its a fire and brimstone allah.Also people beleive everything about mohamed has to say.Also contrast it with the view of the god of the new testament a more understanding and more compassionate GOD.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Sure. People believe also everything Jesus say if they are christians.

The merciful god is present in all three religions. As far as the muslims, I said earlier how every chapter of the quran starts.

Now about that moon thing you were talking about. Can you elaborate a bit more?
                    For instance, what about the cross? Or the David star. To each relegion respectively the symbols are sacred.
                    Last edited by spitfire; 10-20-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

God of the Old Testament is the same one for Judaism, Christianity and Islam. To suggest anything different is nothing more than ignorance. Whatever happened after the Old Testament is the distinguishing feature of the three religions. They are all prepared to kill to defend their religions.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        God of the Old Testament is the same one for Judaism, Christianity and Islam. To suggest anything different is nothing more than ignorance. Whatever happened after the Old Testament is the distinguishing feature of the three religions. They are all prepared to kill to defend their religions.
                        This is from the person who freely admits to never having read the Bible and from what I can gather, has never even seen a word of the Qur'an.

I'm not sure how one could possibly conclude that Christianity and Islam share the same God when for Christians Jesus is God and for Muslims Jesus is not God. Two beliefs that absolutely contradict each other somehow become affirmations of each other and anyone who suggests differently is ignorant!?!?

To those that are trying your best to share your greatest treasure with those that wilfully reject it, I remind you of Mathew 7:6. And to those who wilfully reject and maliciously attack those who are actually trying to help you, I leave you with Philippians 2:10-11. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
                        Last edited by Vangelovski; 10-21-2014, 08:48 PM.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

I have really wasted my time explaining about islam.Some people will resort to sharing their god.i told you that mohamed simply wanted to start a new religion.
                          Last edited by George S.; 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            This is from the person who freely admits to never having read the Bible and from what I can gather, has never even seen a word of the Qur'an.

I'm not sure how one could possibly conclude that Christianity and Islam share the same God when for Christians Jesus is God and for Muslims Jesus is not God. Two beliefs that absolutely contradict each other somehow become affirmations of each other and anyone who suggests differently is ignorant!?!?

To those that are trying your best to share your greatest treasure with those that wilfully reject it, I remind you of Mathew 7:6. And to those who wilfully reject and maliciously attack those who are actually trying to help you, I leave you with Philippians 2:10-11. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
                            Do they all believe in the same God of the Old Testament Tom? That is precisely what I said. Whatever happened thereafter distinguishes them. I am correct and you can talk about Jesus as much as you want and tell me why I am wrong. But you didn't read what I said. The God of the Old Testament.

I didn't admit to never having read the bible. I admit to not embracing every parable with quite the same fanaticism as you.

You didn't mention the Jews. Are they not believing in the same God because they don't accept Jesus? Is it a different God because they don't accept Jesus?

You can escape easily by saying you didn't read precisely what I wrote and then made up in your own mind what I wrote and then proceeded to introduce your own beliefs no matter how irrelevant they are to the statement made by me.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

They are all prepared to kill to defend their religions.
                              yes religious people suck. That's why I don't follow religion and only follow Christ which is what makes me a Christian, not orthodox, not Catholic, not Prepetarian etc etc.

By the way, did you know that Jesus also hated religion?
                              Well you, Jesus and I have something in common.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Do they all believe in the same God of the Old Testament Tom? That is precisely what I said. Whatever happened thereafter distinguishes them. I am correct and you can talk about Jesus as much as you want and tell me why I am wrong. But you didn't read what I said. The God of the Old Testament.

I didn't admit to never having read the bible. I admit to not embracing every parable with quite the same fanaticism as you.

You didn't mention the Jews. Are they not believing in the same God because they don't accept Jesus? Is it a different God because they don't accept Jesus?

You can escape easily by saying you didn't read precisely what I wrote and then made up in your own mind what I wrote and then proceeded to introduce your own beliefs no matter how irrelevant they are to the statement made by me.
                                The God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are the same God. The Triune God has not changed between Testaments. Do you even know what a testament is and why we distinguish between the two?

You have admitted to never having read the Bible - apparently you read a few sentences here and there and it wasn't for you. Reading a few random passages does not equate to having read the Bible or anything else for that matter. What about the Qur'an - are you going to claim to have read that as well now?

And no, Christians and Muslims do not believe in the same God. Which part of the contradiction did you not understand? Or do you actually believe Jesus came into existence in the New Testament and turned into God at that point of time? Is that belief based on your in-depth reading of the Bible or your gift for extrapolation based on one sentence?

Can I start asking stupid questions now? What about the Chinese?
                                Last edited by Vangelovski; 10-21-2014, 11:07 PM.
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X