X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

17 year old Momce Makedonce from Sydney

Hello my fellow Macedonians. I am 17 years old and live in Sydney Australia. My dad`s side of the family is from the Prilep region while my mum`s is from the Bitola region. In the last few years I have become very interested in Macedonian history and the direction that Macedonia is heading. I have learnt a lot from reading the History Section of this forum along with other sites. If it is alright with the members of the forum I would like to ask some general questions which I do not know the answers of or not enough about. I am willing to become a participant on this forum in order to learn more and assist where I can. I will post up some general questions soon.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

Welcome Momce it is good to have more young Macedonians interested about their own history.
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
      Hello my fellow Macedonians. I am 17 years old and live in Sydney Australia. My dad`s side of the family is from the Prilep region while my mum`s is from the Bitola region. In the last few years I have become very interested in Macedonian history and the direction that Macedonia is heading. I have learnt a lot from reading the History Section of this forum along with other sites. If it is alright with the members of the forum I would like to ask some general questions which I do not know the answers of or not enough about. I am willing to become a participant on this forum in order to learn more and assist where I can. I will post up some general questions soon.
      Welcome. Go ahead and ask anything, there are many here who would be glad to help. As lavce said, it's great to see young Macedonians showing interest in their heritage and culture. I'm a year older than you, so there's a handful of us here in the same age bracket now.

Comment

• Čento
        • Mar 2012

Welcome Momce Makedonce. Do you can speak Macedonian?
        Jас не познавам друг народ кој повеќе страдал од предавствата на своите синови - изроди како македонскиот

Гоце Делчев

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Nomad
          We have the same age momce makedonce but i'm from Paris
          Very nice, I have some relatives living in France but not Paris though
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Čento View Post
            Welcome Momce Makedonce. Do you can speak Macedonian?
            Mozam da se razberam po nashe ama nekogash malce tesko mie. But yes I do speak Macedonian

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
              Welcome Momce it is good to have more young Macedonians interested about their own history.
              Thanks Lavce, agreed it seems to me there isnt enough interested in my age group. But perhaps that is only the Macedonians I know.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                Welcome. Go ahead and ask anything, there are many here who would be glad to help. As lavce said, it's great to see young Macedonians showing interest in their heritage and culture. I'm a year older than you, so there's a handful of us here in the same age bracket now.
                Thanks EgejskaMakedonia. I am just trying to think of all the questions which I have had recently.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Welcome MM.
                  Plenty of resources here.
                  All the best.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• chentovist
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2012

Dobrodojde Momce i golem pozdrav

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

MomcheMakedonce

Welcome, and bring more of your Macedonian friends as well!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

welcome aboard MM there's quite abit of history here on macedonia.If you need guidance there's plenty of help here you have come to the right place.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                          • Jul 2012

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I have come up with a few questions which I hope people here can provide me with answers. Probably common knowledge questions for a lot of members but anyway.

Why did Macedonia join Yugoslavia?

How did the current Macedonian last names come to be? Also why do some end in “ski” and others in a ” v”?

Is the current Macedonian language different from Ancient Macedonian?
                          Why is the Macedonian language similar to its neighbours such as Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria?

Why do Greeks call us Slavs when we are related to the Ancient Macedonians?

Is there any way in which Macedonia can get its lost land back?

This is probably a childish question to ask. But I always wonder why don’t most of the Macedonians of today not care about Macedonia? This is mostly regarding the younger generation in their teenage years like me. They seem to me like they have no clue of general Macedonian history, events, accomplishments and have no self respect. My friend who is Maco gets angry when I say I dislike Serbs even after I told him the reasons behind it. According to him “we should be brothers”. Maybe its just the fact that he knows nothing like a lot of the other ones that are so Westernised you could mistake them for a skip if you didn’t know any better. Its really strange because with a country with a history like Macedonia a kid should be proud and want to know about it. Its really sad when you ask a kid a simple question like when Macedonia was split between Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia and they don’t know the answer.

Thats about it for now

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I have come up with a few questions which I hope people here can provide me with answers. Probably common knowledge questions for a lot of members but anyway.

Why did Macedonia join Yugoslavia?

How did the current Macedonian last names come to be? Also why do some end in “ski” and others in a ” v”?

Why is the Macedonian language similar to its neighbours such as Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria?

Why do Greeks call us Slavs when we are related to the Ancient Macedonians?

Is there any way in which Macedonia can get its lost land back?

This is probably a childish question to ask. But I always wonder why don’t most of the Macedonians of today not care about Macedonia? This is mostly regarding the younger generation in their teenage years like me. They seem to me like they have no clue of general Macedonian history, events, accomplishments and have no self respect. My friend who is Maco gets angry when I say I dislike Serbs even after I told him the reasons behind it. According to him “we should be brothers”. Maybe its just the fact that he knows nothing like a lot of the other ones that are so Westernised you could mistake them for a skip if you didn’t know any better. Its really strange because with a country with a history like Macedonia a kid should be proud and want to know about it. Its really sad when you ask a kid a simple question like when Macedonia was split between Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia and they don’t know the answer.

Thats about it for now
                            Welcome Momce, you have a lot of questions but I will start with why our language is similar to other Balkan languages.
                            Macedonian belongs to the Slavic grouping of languages. There are many theories as to why the languages are similar.
                            There are many more language groups in the world, the Latin and Germanic are other such examples.
                            I will try and find more detailed information for you here on the forum.
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Of course it is. It has had many influences over the last 2000 years. English of 1000 years ago is completely unintelligible to modern English speakers. Do you think this is a huge problem Momce?

Momce, are you aware the Greeks actually changed their language to make it more like something the ancient Greek states spoke 2000 years earlier? They did this in the 1800's and finally settled on their written language in 1976.

Very little is known of the ancient Macedonian language. However we do know that the Macedonian language of 500 years ago has virtually remained unchanged to this very day.
                              The administration of the Macedonian Truth Organisation is proud to present the following historical source to our readers, a priceless document accompanied with analysis that shows how little the Macedonian langauge and vernacular has changed since the Middle Ages. Macedonian Lexicon - 16th Century Record of the

In direct contrast, the English language of 500 years ago could barely be compared to modern English in the same fashion.

I hope that helps for a start.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X