X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMak
    replied
    Originally posted by Egejska View Post
    Dunno what's going down in Victoria. But here in Perth, all the young Aegean Macedonians, myself included know what we are and were we come from. We never have been fully assimilated into Aussie culture, some aspects yes. However we do have some cases were there are some young Aegeans that have forgotten about their roots.
    Most of Perths Greek communities most prominent business men are really of Macedonian Ethnicity, They are classified as the Master Grkomani in my books, lets name a few Paul Afkos, former co_owner of Perth Glory and high ranker in Football westcoast = Lerin, The Kailis Brothers = Lerin, so on and so on, I'm not sure what u are on about, in all honesty, I would say its about 40% of Egej Migrants iN Perth are Grkoman, But the ones that do identify themselves as ethnic Macedonians such as yourself, well done, and importantly well done to your parents and grandparents, as you said there are many in Perth that do, although many egej Macedonians do not mix with the so called Vardar Macedonians as there is still some conflict there.

And in ending Im no Slav, I neither believe its a ethnicity nor even a linguistic term, And I do not believe in the so-called Slavic migration theory, All so called slavs are speaking a dialect of Macedonian, linguistically and culturally, the sooner the so called SLAVS and some Macedonians on this forum understand that the better

Leave a comment:

• SirGeorge8600
    replied
    You'd be surprised. I've met 4 people so far in occurrences who were half Macedonian and half Greek. So yes technically they would say I am Greek-Macedonian or Macedonian-Greek.

Leave a comment:

• chentovist
    replied
    Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    alright, but let's fast forward to today. Aren't younger Aegeans (and most second generation Macedonians) today simply identifying as Australians?
    i wouldn't say second generation, maybe third generation - especially those of mixed parentage, do identify as Australians, but of Macedonian descent. Those Macedonians still know the Macedonian language, thanks to their grandparents.

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied
    alright, but let's fast forward to today. Aren't younger Aegeans (and most second generation Macedonians) today simply identifying as Australians?

Leave a comment:

• chentovist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    My input on this subject is.....

During my teenage days i often came across young aegean Macedonians who spoke nothing but Macedonian at home and yet they would claim to be Greek at schools or out on the streets. These same people would boast how George Micheal was Greek, Jenifer Aniston is Greek, Some (at the time) AFL/VFL stars are Greek, there was a very popular song, a one hit wander at the time "Paul Lekakis" and of course the first comment that came out was "He is Greek". There was a club dance version of Zorba the Greek played at parties and night clubs where everyone went crazy on dance floors which seemed cool.

There are many more examples, but what i am getting at, there were many stars, popular names, role models around and it was seen to be cool to be Greek. The same went for Italians and there seemed to be a competition between the two. Where us Macedonians had none of the type to hang our hats on and boast we are like him or her. Infact, we were taunted we had no country, we were "Yugo's" ...... so why would these aegean youth want to associate with that? What we needed and still do, are role models, be it sporting or in the entertainment (music or screen) industry to fly our flag and kids want to be just like.
    sadly many Vardar Macedonians hung their hats on Red Star Belgrade, Yugoslav sports stars, and Serbian turbo-folk.....

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    My input on this subject is.....

During my teenage days i often came across young aegean Macedonians who spoke nothing but Macedonian at home and yet they would claim to be Greek at schools or out on the streets. These same people would boast how George Micheal was Greek, Jenifer Aniston is Greek, Some (at the time) AFL/VFL stars are Greek, there was a very popular song, a one hit wander at the time "Paul Lekakis" and of course the first comment that came out was "He is Greek". There was a club dance version of Zorba the Greek played at parties and night clubs where everyone went crazy on dance floors which seemed cool.

There are many more examples, but what i am getting at, there were many stars, popular names, role models around and it was seen to be cool to be Greek. The same went for Italians and there seemed to be a competition between the two. Where us Macedonians had none of the type to hang our hats on and boast we are like him or her. Infact, we were taunted we had no country, we were "Yugo's" ...... so why would these aegean youth want to associate with that? What we needed and still do, are role models, be it sporting or in the entertainment (music or screen) industry to fly our flag and kids want to be just like.
    Last edited by Bill77; 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied
    now maybe we can return to the original topic of this thread....

Leave a comment:

• lavce pelagonski
    replied
    Good the bulgarin and his propaganda have been banned. I feel sorry for him as the bulgar church has brainwashed him.

Leave a comment:

• Coolski
    replied
    Originally posted by boyphenom666 View Post
    The question that is most interesting to me is who is a Macedonian and how did that term come about?

Does it mean Vlach+Slav?
    Does it mean assimilated Vlachs with a tiny mixture of Slavs?
    Does it mean member of the Ohrid church?
    How long have they been calling themselves Macedonians?

I go back to my example of Italy. The Sicilians consider themselves just that, and not Italians. The part of Italy where some relatives are from look down at the Sicilians like the Slovenians used to look down on us. Macedonia had to have similar dynamics. All countries do.
    You're asking questions with very long answers complex interactions that are by no means unrelated to the formations of other modern Balkan nations. I'm also wondering if you have a pre-determined agenda based on the way you are raising these questions. There are other more suitable parts of the forum that are more related to your questions. I suggest you check them out.

Leave a comment:

• Vangelovski
    replied
    The boy wonder's gone. If he doesn't know what a Macedonian is then I don't have time to explain it to him. This forum is for serious posters not racist morons to spread their delusional BS on.

Leave a comment:

• boyphenom666
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    25 years of reading and all you have learn't and came up with.....

What a waist of 25 years. You really know nothing now do you. Apart from having enough IQ to spam and hitting the Caps Lock button.
    Another Aleksandar Donski follower? Golem Aleksandar spreading the slavic language all around the world? I have news for you: Golem Aleksandar didn't say words like kokoshka, and selo, and kojnja. LMAO!

Leave a comment:

• boyphenom666
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    You got that right buddy, I was the first to call you a dickhead.
    I reckon I can smell you anti-Macedonian motherfuckers after a couple of posts.

How about you stick your "anecdotal" evidence up your tartar loving arse...I have my fair share of grkoman relos and none of them are Vlasi..
    The only thing you can smell is your own feces from your head being stuck so far up your ass. How do you know they weren't Vlasi when they might not themselves? Read Anastasia Karakasidou's book where she lists several examples.
    Last edited by boyphenom666; 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Please note the comment in Post 4.
    You got that right buddy, I was the first to call you a dickhead.
    I reckon I can smell you anti-Macedonian motherfuckers after a couple of posts.

How about you stick your "anecdotal" evidence up your tartar loving arse...I have my fair share of grkoman relos and none of them are Vlasi..

Leave a comment:

• chentovist
    replied
    Originally posted by lerin View Post
    What has happened to the young aegean macedonians in melbourne. I am 40 ish and my background from Lerin. It is sad because most of my relos either refer to themselves as aussies or as greek macedonians or wait for it a new one i heard from a young relo of mine recently macedonian greek. It seems to me like these macedonians are unable to relate to the republic in any way and all the skis as one young friend of mine put it. These macedonians spend their time with greeks and pretending they too are greek simply saying that they are greek macedonian but don't speak greek. It is sad because their is thousands of them. Just have a look at shepparton where most of them are from lerin and my relos they all refer to themselves as Greek. this is rally sad and i don't understand it. My guess is that because thee area their parents come from is under greek rule they find it easier to refer to themselves as greek. I would have thought young people would be smarter than that but obviously i was wrong. They go on Facebook saying things like my baba my redo and then calling themselves greek!!!. fuc--- dumb cu--s.

In Shepparton there is only a Greek church present, and no Macedonian church. This has always been the case since the Macedonians arrived. As far as I know, the Macedonians have always attended this church. Seems like the MOC needs to be a little more active.

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied

Like I said, I've been reading this stuff for almost 25 years and I find it very interesting.
    25 years of reading and all you have learn't and came up with.....

I don't know the answer,....
    maybe Greek.....
    Macedonian could mean....
    or it could mean.....
    What a waist of 25 years. You really know nothing now do you. Apart from having enough IQ to spam and hitting the Caps Lock button.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X