X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Euro 2012

Euro started last weekend, so let's kick-off the discussion in this thread.

Here are the 4 groups during the first stage of the competition.

Group A-
    Russia
    Czech Republic
    Poland
    Greece

Group B-
    Germany
    Denmark
    Portugal
    Netherlands

Group C-
    Croatia
    Spain
    Italy
    Ireland

Group D-
    Ukraine
    France
    England
    Sweden

The order I've put them in is also the standings thus far, however only the countries in group A have played 2 games a piece...the rest of the groups have only played one game.

Anyways that aside, I wanted to bring up this photo for discussion as well. It's not directly related to the on-field performances, but in terms of ongoing Greek claims, it is 100% relevant.

This photo has surfaced during the match between Poland and Greece, which ended up in a 1-1 draw. The 'flag' reads "Macedonia is Greek."

From my understanding, no action has been taken as of yet, despite the competition having regulations that disallow political content to be displayed in the arena.

The funny thing is, Greece can insult an entire nation in a globally viewed competition, evading any consequences...yet we have seen Preston being fined on numerous occasions for trivial matters which simply pale in comparison.
    Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 06-12-2012, 11:16 PM.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

they should take action & be fair to everyone.Stupid comments like macedonia is greek should be reprimanded keep politics out.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

They won't get any fine like usual. I'm just glad they're so shit that we won't have to see them for much longer in this tournament.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Hey.......why are they displaying the Port Of Echuka flag or something that resembles it?

ohhhh i get it, they were both introduced by the Brits which is why it can get confusing.

There is nothing original about these Griks.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

ФФМ нема да реагира кај УЕФА за паролата „Македонија е грчка“!

Фудбалската федерација на Македонија реши да не реагира за провокацијата на грчките навивачи на Евро 2012, каде што на мечот Полска – Грција го истакнаа знамето од Кутлеш со порака: Македонија е грчка. Генералниот секретар на Федерацијата, Игор Климпер, вели дека ФФМ немала да реагира зашто не станувало збор за официјално знаме на нашата држава.

ФФМ реши да молчи на паролата напишана на знамето од Кутлеш, зашто тоа не било официјално македонско

„Тоа не е официјално знаме и ние затоа нема да реагираме. Кога беше случајот на Косово, кога ни беше запалено нашето знаме, веднаш реагиравме. Но сега нема да упатиме протестно писмо“, вели Климпер.

За разлика од ФФМ, ФАРЕ ја пријави Русија за истакнување на знаме на царска Русија на мечот со Полска, по што УЕФА покрена истрага и веројатно парично ќе ја казни Зборнаја.

УЕФА сигурно ќе поведеше постапка против Грција во случај нашиот јужен сосед да беше пријавен, но без реакција од засегната страна, нема да има ни казна. ФФМ во најмала рака можеше инцидентот да го пријави во ФАРЕ, кој на Евро 2012 е присутен со 31 стручњак за антидискриминација, па постапката ќе следеше автоматски. По нашето молчење, Грција и овојпат ќе си мине неказнета за истакнување политички пароли на спортски натпревар.

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

So wait a minute, even though the Republic of Macedonia sold the Macedonian sun to Greece, they somehow feel offended from Greek nationalists using it at uefa events???

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SirGeorge8600
              Just because flags look similar doesn't mean they are related.
              ah Georgi Georgi.....Do i really have to explain how they are related?

In the same way the Macedonian flag isn't related to Japan's imperial flag.
              But that's not the Macedonian flag. So i don't care if it is or isn't related with anything. Our real flag the Kutlesh.....well that,s very unique.....well it was till some bone head Greeks started to change its colours and wave it around sporting events.

Things like a cross to represent Christianity or a circle with lines around it to represent the sun are very common among international flags.
              All i said was, Greeks or the exact word i used was "Griks" (sorry if you find it offensive) There is nothing original about them, which i think in the above post you agree with me regarding the flag.

PS....Good to hear from you again.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

UEFA seriously need to have their heads checked for deciding to give Poland to host the Euro. Its no secret Polish hooliganism is if not the worst, one of the worst in the world. Russians are not far behind.

Here is footage (most of you would have probably already seen) of sick animals just making the world a not so nice place to be.

«Ð*уÑÑкий марш» закончилÑÑ ÐºÑ€Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ð»Ð¸Ñ‚Ð¸ÐµÐ¼ - YouTube

Video of brutal clashes between Russian & Polish fans in Warsaw - YouTube
                Last edited by Bill77; 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

It's disappointing to see this happen. At the end of the day it just gives soccer a bad name. Australia is probably one of the few countries where opposing sports fans can sit together and mix with minimal trouble.

You do that in any country full of football hooligans and there will probably be a death every game.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Lol, Greece managed to qualify for the final 8.....

Comment

• Stojacanec
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      Lol, Greece managed to qualify for the final 8.....
                      Yeah I was going for the Russians too.

They played a defensive game and hit them on the counter. They can bask in their glory, but for how long I am not sure.

Comment

• United MKD
                        • Jul 2011

They're sooo boring, defence defence then score a flukey goal on the counter. They have mastered this tactic. They should get smashed by the Germans next round though.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

Yeh the defensive game they adopt is incredibly boring. They don't even dominate their matches either, just pure luck. We saw the same thing during 04.

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            Yeh the defensive game they adopt is incredibly boring. They don't even dominate their matches either, just pure luck. We saw the same thing during 04.
                            I also find it boring,but do you know something?everybody fights using his own weapons and don't think it's that easy to play this defensive game with success.If that was the case,everybody would play defensive and win.
                            "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
                            Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• dimi28495
                              • Jul 2011

Greece is mimicking Chelsea`s tactics in the Champions League. Defend the whole game and try and hit a lucky goal. Its very boring football and anyone who is not a Chelsea rent boy will say that they did not deserve that European Cup. Hopefully Greece get kicked out next round, cant stand anything to do with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X