X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Razer View Post
    Please don't even try to lecture me about the situation in Bulgaria - I live here and I know very well what's going on.
    Tell me whats going on in Bulgaria? Pomak kingdom? You are just imagining things.

Just ask Macedonians. There are about 80.000 Turks in there, what harm they did to Macedonia despite the fact that Tito expelled 150.000 of them in 1950s?

Or ask Greeks. There are 150.000 Turks in there. What harm Turkish people caused to the Greek state? They took care of 10.000s Greeks during WW-2, protected them against Germans and your Bulgarian nazi soldiers

Or in Bulgaria? There was always around one million Turks in Bulgaria. You changed their names with slavic ones, you destroyed their graves and erased the Turkish names on their gravestones, you killed 100s of them in 1980s and then you expelled out ~350.000 of them in 1989 and confiscated their properties.

Can you tell me even one thing, what harm these people did to Bulgaria? They did agriculture in rural areas and provided your country`s food supply for a century. They worked in your shitty factories during communism era. You leeched them, used them as cheapest labors.

Just tell me, what Bulgaria gave to these people? basically nothing. You just persecuted them for no reason, just because they were Turks. There are Kurdish people everywhere in Turkey as ministers, judges and everywhere. Same for the Albanians in Macedonia. What Bulgaria gave to the Turks? Nothing!!!

Comment

• Razer
      Banned
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Onur View Post
      Tell me whats going on in Bulgaria?
      I said it many times, but you seem to ignore my words. I'll repeat it again laud and clear:

In Bulgaria, Turkey is...

1. Sponsoring the construction of mosques.

2. Sponsoring the construction of a new Islamic center in Sofia.

3. Sponsoring Islamic holidays.

4. Spreading Islam to the Gypsy.

5. Converting Pomaks into Turks.

6. Asking for Turkish to be recognised as an official language.

7. Importing people from Turkey on elections.

But I guess I'm just imagining all that...

Comment

• Razer
        Banned
        • May 2012

I have mixed fillings about the so called Revival Process. On one had I don't think it's right to force people like that, but on another I think something like that had to be done in order to avoid bigger problems. If the Macedonians did the same with the Albanians then I'm sure that today they will not be having those demographics problems.

And yes - those Turks were just ordinary people working on farms (most of them in the Tabaco fields). They were victims of Cold War politics.

Comment

• Razer
          Banned
          • May 2012

But Onur you'd be happy to learn that just few days ago the Bulgarian Parliament officially condemned this process.

Comment

• Razer
            Banned
            • May 2012

There are Kurdish people everywhere in Turkey as ministers, judges and everywhere. Same for the Albanians in Macedonia.
            And yet in both Turkey and Macedonia there were military conflicts and in Bulgaria - not.

What Bulgaria gave to the Turks? Nothing!!!
            Far from nothing...

Turks in Post-Communist Bulgaria

The Bulgarian Turks are represented at every level of government - local, with MRF having mayors in 35 municipalities, at parliamentary level with MRF having 38 deputies (14% of the votes in Parliamentary elections for 2009-13) and at executive level, where there is currently one Turkish minister - Vezhdi Rashidov, though he's not a MRF member. In the previous 2005 parliamentary elections the result was 12.8% of the total vote providing for 34 seats in parliament.

Religion

Islamic identity remain strong and over 95% of the Turkish ethnic group identify as Muslim on the census, this is considered a main difference between the Turkish and the rest of the population in Bulgaria, especially the dominant Bulgarian ethnic group from which 95% declare Orthodox Christian identity on census. The Turks make up the basis or 74% of the Muslim community in Bulgaria.

Literature by Turks in Bulgaria

The Turks in Bulgaria have produced perhaps the most substantial amount of literature in Turkish language outside Turkey. The list of noted writers includes: Aşık Hıfzi, Hüseyin Raci Efendi, Ali Osman Ayrantok, Mehmet Müzekka Con, İzzet Dinç, Mustafa Serit Alyanak, Muharrem Yumuk Mehmet, Behçet Perim, Ali Kemal Balkanlı, Lütfi Erçin, Osman Kesikoğlu, Mehmet Fikri, Oğuz Peltek, Mehmet Muradov, Selim Bilalov, Osman Kılı...
            Last edited by Razer; 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Razer
              Banned
              • May 2012

For those of you interested in Balkan politics - here are two interesting videos about the EU enlargement of Western Balkan countries and Turkey.

EU enlargement and the Western Balkan states:

07.04.2012, Ð*азширÑването на ЕС - YouTube

EU enlargement and Turkey:

31.03.2012, Има ли ÑˆÐ°Ð½Ñ Ð¢ÑƒÑ€Ñ†Ð¸Ñ Ð´Ð° Ñтане член на ЕС - YouTube

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Razer View Post
                And yet in both Turkey and Macedonia there were military conflicts and in Bulgaria - not.
                It`s because of the reason i explained above. We have kurds as a minority, Macedonia has Albanians but you have Turks.

Turks didn't form armed terror groups like Albanian KLA or Kurdish PKK. Turkish minority in Bulgaria are peaceful and harmonious while Albanians and Kurds are constantly demanding something in a violent way.

The difference is Turks have no desire to unite with Turkey or create some kind of new state inside Bulgaria. Turkey never encouraged or supported this kind of thing either. On the other hand, both Albanians and Kurds are in favor of greater Albania and greater Kurdistan respectively as well as getting encouraged and supported for this by external elements.

So, i am telling you once again. You Bulgarians should be grateful that you have Turks as a minority in your country.

For those of you interested in Balkan politics - here are two interesting videos about the EU enlargement of Western Balkan countries and Turkey.
                Turkey will never be a part of the EU.

According to the 2011 Transatlantic Trends poll from the German Marshall Fund of the US (GMF), released in September, a significant proportion of the Turkish public is pessimistic about the EU and Turkey’s membership in the bloc. Approximately 1,000 respondents in Turkey, and also in the US and 12 EU countries, were questioned. The research found that 39 percent of the Turkish public views the EU favorably, while 53 percent view it unfavorably.

http://www.turkishreview.org/tr/news...&newsId=223174

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

the fact is after all is said & done we have got peacefull law abiding turks in macedonia .What more can you want.A country can be easily destabilised if monorities don't agree eye to eye.On some pretext of not getting their rights.We have been warned by the albaniansthey will take up arms agains't us the ana or the uck.We know what they after is the whole of macedonia to be like a land grab for them.When are other minorities going to be so irrendist as the albanians.So macedonia is more & more handing over their soveregnity,& also priveleged rights.The albanians have shown they don't respect or like us & they look forward to a secession.It's no secret they want to link kosovo with macedonia.This is the last thing macedonia needs is another war.Razer you should be so lucky you don't have the problems we have got,the last thing you need is being thretened by fucking ana,uck nationals they are just itching for a war to take the rest of macedonia .It reminds me of russian roulette but macedonia is going to get the bullet everytime.The macedonian govt has caved in as i said promising even deputy priministership & vice presidency over time just so they can be in power how ridiculous is that.
                  Last edited by George S.; 07-02-2012, 04:26 PM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                    Banned
                    • May 2012

Onur, you're not as well informed as you think. During the 80's there were many pro-Turkish terrorist groups operating in Bulgaria. Many terrorist acts were executed, including the Bunovo train station bombing, the bombing of the Benkovski church, the bombing in Golden Sands, the fire in the Kamchia dam, the poisoning of the water in Lyaskovo and many others...I can give you a full list if you want, but I don't think you'll like it.

Thank God the Bulgarian secret services were pretty sharp back then and they managed to take control of the situation before things got out of hand. This is why Bulgaria ordered the deportation of Turks to Turkey.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

you have to agree i don't know the ins outs of bulgaria in macedonia we haven't had any problem touch wood.So as to bulgaria who knows who is behind it or makes it look like is behind it.That doesn't sound right razer are you sure it wasn't pkk trying to masquerade like turks???What would turkish govt or turkish secret services want with bulgaria.?? maybe someone can throw some light on it it doesn't seem right.What has the turks got to gain blowing things up in bulgaria.One soveregn country to another seems to be far fetched.Are you sure they weren't making a movie for the cannes film festival???I'm not saying we are all perfect but i'm sure the turks would not risk their good neighbourly country for that.Wa bulgaria part of the eu then???
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                        Banned
                        • May 2012

Anyway, I don't want this to be Bulgaria VS Turkey treat. But you need to re-examine some of your claims and stop acting as if the Ottoman Empire was something positive for the Balkan countries. Let's learn from the mistakes in the past and move forward.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i fully support that in the spirit of things reconcile & move on in a positive way.That's another thing razer if the 3 countries could work together they could accomplish great things rather than be divisive all the time.What do you think??
                          Maybe onur can explain a few things.
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-02-2012, 04:47 PM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

Of course!

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

That seems very odd for turkey to do that.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                                Banned
                                • May 2012

You have no idea how heated were the politics (and espionage) between Bulgaria and Turkey during the Cold War. Both countries were on opposite sides. I know that during the early 80's Zivkov's cabinet made predictions that in 15-20 years the number of Muslims in Bulgaria will greatly increase and they saw that as a potential tread for the peace of the country. So they lunched a so called Revival process from I think '84 to '89, during which Bulgarian Turks were forced to change their Turkish names to Slavic. Perhaps those terrorist acts were the result of that. But after the attacks, the campaign escalated and hundreds of thousands of Turks were deported back to Turkey. Zivkov even mobilised the army...At the end of it, Bulgaria's Muslim population dropped by 300 000.
                                Last edited by Razer; 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X